Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alicecooper

Has anyone read "the clear skin diet"

Why read a book when the cure for acne in a good 98%+ of cases is right on this message board?

It's all very simple.

Cut out sugar. Cut out allergy-causing foods. Get enough protein, healthy fats, minerals, vitamins and lots of green vegetables. Get enough water, exercise and sunshine.

Why read a book when the cure for acne in a good 98%+ of cases is right on this message board?

It's all very simple.

Cut out sugar. Cut out allergy-causing foods. Get enough protein, healthy fats, minerals, vitamins and lots of green vegetables. Get enough water, exercise and sunshine.

1)becuase i am that 2%

2)no one on here is a doctor

^_^)ノ)-->

QUOTE (joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ @ Apr 2 2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Clinical-...-A-t215374.html

post 3 has xD Tried to find a free pdf download and stumbled upon that link xD :redface:

But probably comes down to the same thing as this forum and most acne books: Low carb elimination diet. Once clear try to reintroduce carbs. Also live a healthy lifestyle...

that just links to buy it on amazon

^_^)ノ)-->

QUOTE (joris ヘ(^_^ヘ)(ノ^_^)ノ @ Apr 2 2011, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Clinical-...-A-t215374.html

post 3 has xD Tried to find a free pdf download and stumbled upon that link xD :redface:

But probably comes down to the same thing as this forum and most acne books: Low carb elimination diet. Once clear try to reintroduce carbs. Also live a healthy lifestyle...

No, it talks a lot about the Japanese diet before it become more westernized. Lots of fish, vegetables, unrefined grains, etc. It is actually very interesting.

I read it last summer. It's pretty interesting.

Like the poster before said, talks a lot about a Japanese diet and why people on an eastern diet don't get acne the way we do here.

A typical Japanese diet consists of seaweed, fish, tea etc. There's obviously much more to their diet than that, but that's just an idea of things that they eat regularily that westerners might not even touch.

It's a lot of the same stuff, but I bought it and I'm glad I did. It's good enough to make me want to read his first book, "The Brain Diet".

However, if you are one of the 2% who cannot get clear from eating the most strict diet, I would recommend going to www.thelovevitamin.com and downloading the free ebook.

The girl, Tracy, who writes over there, wrote this book on how she got clear naturally after having severe acne. She actually writes on these boards sometimes. You might recognize her picture. Anyway, I guess she would consider herself one of the few that couldn't get clear from diet alone (although it helped) so she tried a different approach that focuses a lot on emotions and stress and getting outside an breathing. I think that that affects me more than food does, too.

The ebook is only like 17 pages or something but pretty insightful. I highly highly highly recommend it.

She's not trying to sell anything, you don't need to buy anything to follow her steps. It's pretty simple.

Yes, I highly recommend her ebook also! It's a short, concise and quick to the point summary of what you need to do to achieve clear skin. The free ebook is called "Roadmap to Clear Skin." I've recommended her blog several times on here, because she's always got such good advice for wayward souls suffering with acne.

www.thelovevitamin.com

Check it out, chances are it will help you clear your skin and learn something about nutrition along the way.

Edited by chunkylard

I'm reading the Clear Skin Diet book now. It's pretty interesting and clears up a lot of misconceptions you read elsewhere on the Internet or hear from other people who think they know everything. Acne is actually a very complex "disease" that takes a lot of effort to understand what will help "YOU" have clear skin. I've been battling for 10+ years and only now looking at my diet. Shows how naive I was all these years looking for the magic potion to cure my acne. Newflash! There isn't one.