Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need a new acne wash. first i used Oxy Salicylic acid 2.5% , now i'm using Panoxyl 5% BP

what other ones do you guys recommend. HELP

Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

Clean and Clear 10% Benzoyl Peroxide

:)

Guest pokemonster

i just had this: logona organic mint & witch hazel cleansing foam

was pretty good, like fresh up tone of skin right away, reduce redness a bit & well good as wash etc

i rly liked it, but now that it ended, will try washing with just raw honey & avocado oil from now on, which works rly well for me personally

Before my fraxel treatment, I usually use Oxy face wash (benzoyl peroxide 10%) twice daily AM and PM before bed, then I apply Oxy Cream (also 10% benzoyl peroxide). That's my normal regimen, but if I ever felt a big one start flaming, I put Acnomel (sulfur) just on the spot and it dries it out, it might take a few days, but the zit never gets to it's worst. Then again every one's skin is different.

right now i'm on oxy 2% salicylic acid + clindoxyl gel + mino 50mg 2x daily. also taking multivitamins. i had a really bad experience with panoxyl and i dont recommend it. maybe it was just too rough for my face. i'm gona stick with what i'm doing i dont want any sudden changes that may take my face off course and make some serious damage.

Biomani's terribly expensive one is the best non-medicated cleanser I've ever used. But I'd recommend a medicated one with PCMX (Chloroxylenol) or Chlorhexidine Gluconate. The latter cleanser may be as effective as leave-on BPO according to some studies, but you have to be extremely careful to keep it out of your eyes and ears. Hibiclens, hibiscrub, and many others, including often drugstore generics without dyes, are available. PCMX cleansers are safer to use, but probably not quite as effective.

i need a new wash but i want something common such as

clearasil

clean and clear

oxy

must not be a bP wash, my skin doesnt like BP much

i'd rather use a SA prefeb 2 %, (sensitive skin)

i need a new wash but i want something common such as

clearasil

clean and clear

oxy

must not be a bP wash, my skin doesnt like BP much

i'd rather use a SA prefeb 2 %, (sensitive skin)

You can't treat acne (an internal problem) with chemicals. If you have acne you have sensitive skin. If you experience effects from regular acne cleansers than you have VERY sensitive skin. Use something gentle like cetaphil and focus on getting at the root cause of your acne from the inside, rather than trying to treat the effects of an endless problem and damage your skin in the process.

agreed. i have a bottle of cetaphil at home. i'm going to try using cetaphil cleanser and see how that goes. as of today i'm going to stop using SA and see how it affects my skin.

Calling Cetaphil a cleanser is stretching things.