Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

I've had the worst experiences on BP Gel.

I remember waking up every morning dreading that I had to put this stuff on my face. It always burned or felt so uncomfortable. My face would get all red. It would sometimes make my skin peel and I would have to go into the bathroom at school and try to fix it.

Thank god there is accutane. I think dermitologists should just prescribe to anyone with medium acne to extreme acne.

When I had to use BP it drove me crazy, too. I hated the smell so much it made my stomach turn. Ugh, and it made my face all dry, peely, and sticky. I had to do the same thing at school, my face would start peeling under my makeup and there was nothing I could do to fix it. It royally sucked.

You guys probably started too fast on bp. Redness, itchiness, and scaliness is normal when you start with benzoyl peroxide which is why I recommend you start very slowly. bp gel is made to be used with the regimen, which is much different from just starting full force.

As far as the smell goes, are you talking about bp gel? It is unscented.

-Dan

^I agree with Dan.

You probably started with too much, too soon. Even when I'd been using OnTheSpot for months, I had to decrease the amount of gel I used, as it was too strong for my skin.