Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

If you could have a wish to be clear or have 1,000,000$

Hi, I just put this question up cause i was really bored lol but, I would like to know what you would take.

Me i would take clear skin anyday of the week no matter what cause my skin is all screwed up from having acne for years. (See link below and see my picture's and read my story to see what i mean)

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Severe-ac...ry-t287396.html

But which one would you take? Now it doesnt have to just be these two choice's it could be any wish.

Edited by HiImMatt

If it includes getting rid of my disgusting scars and redness, then i would take the clear skin of course, just like you.

If you added 3 more zeros though, i would change my mind

The money...you are assuming that clear skin would bring you happiness. Is that really true, when you rest your happiness on something superficial? Wouldn't you simply fixate on another part of yourself that needs improvement?

The problem is the way in which you look at yourself, which unfortunately, only you can work at changing. But it IS possible.

Clear skin forever? Such a tough choice. In all honesty I don't have extremely bad skin but its not clear. If I chose the million dollars I wouldn't know what to do with it. Probably spend it on clothes and make up and put it in my bank account but there'd still be alot left that I'd just donate. I really don't need all that money. Whats a teen gonna buy thats so important anyway? Nah I think the clear skin would be nice. I don't have to buy makeup or feel ugly ever again.

It depends on how do you look with or without acne ...

If you look ugly without acne then i would choose the 1million$ of course ...

I would take clear skin forever. Material possessions don't buy happiness. Neither does clear skin, but it would be nice to not feel self conscious anymore.

This is going to sound stupid... but in this day and age, $1,000,000 isn't that much money. I'd go for the clear skin, because if I could regain the confidence having acne has taken away from me, I'm sure I'd be happy to go about earning my own money knowing people don't see a face full of blistering sores.

Is vanity worse than materialism?

I don't think not wanting to have acne is all that vain. I've never considered anybody here vain for not wanting to have a face full of acne to deal with every day. I really think there's a difference between vanity and wanting to be free of an affliction that's not just in your head.

I would take the Million and heres why.

Just because I have 1 MILL doesn't mean i'm gonna buy cars,houses,toys. I would start an organization or a business that does more research on acne. I would create Scholarships for people with acne. I would create something. Buy an island for people with acne only.

I could also have enough to not have to face people everyday making $9 an hour at a crappy boring job full of rude customers.

I'd take the million, buy Accutane, bugger off to Ibiza, and give any remaining money to acne research.

Edited by jimmy188

Guest Timehealsall

if you asked me, would you take 100 million dollars or be clear, id take clear in a heart beat. Yep...

If it includes getting rid of my disgusting scars and redness, then i would take the clear skin of course, just like you.

Totally. Then again, most of the guys on here who aren't dating, would suddenly become pretty popular with gold diggers. I would still take being clear, living a normal life but, I am doing my best as is.

The money...you are assuming that clear skin would bring you happiness. Is that really true, when you rest your happiness on something superficial? Wouldn't you simply fixate on another part of yourself that needs improvement?

The problem is the way in which you look at yourself, which unfortunately, only you can work at changing. But it IS possible.

If you think money will bring you happiness, your in for a real shock pending you win the lottery.

Edited by mrjarjarbinks77

Totally. Then again, most of the guys on here who aren't dating, would suddenly become pretty popular with gold diggers. I would still take being clear, living a normal life but, I am doing my best as is.

If you think money will bring you happiness, your in for a real shock pending you win the lottery.

Yeah, I heard winning the lottery is really bad luck.

Yeah, I heard winning the lottery is really bad luck.

Money wont solve all your problems. Likely, you marry some girl who spends most of it, divorces you, and takes half of what you have left which isn't much. Despite acne and or scarring, you can still find someone that loves you for you and not your money.

omg clear skin for sure. it would be the best feeling in the world waking up knowing that i don't have to put on 100 pounds of make up. i've been struggling with acne since i was 14 and i'm 20 now. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH