Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AthleticHunta

Better eating, sun, vitamins and not touching your face might not be the only thing you can do to stop acne.

shampoos, soaps, shaving, makeup, swimming pools, unfiltered tap water, all can cause problems.

One thing I wanna point out is electric vs Manuel shaving. I'm going to repost a post that I made on another thread, in hopes of helping others. I will be making other threads on above later.

Acne and shaving with a regular razor don't go together, also not to mention that shaving with a regular razor surely causes acne and makes it worse witch causes scars and or more painful bumps.

I was used to use a mach-4 with shaving cream, it really messed my face up, and when I shaved over pimples, it cut off the white heads, and made the white stuff get trapped under the skin when it healed over. If not squeezed would , they would sometimes sit under the skin for months, normally resulting in a scar ( I know gross). I started using safety razor with 1 blade and shaving soap, it was better, but only by half.. sooo

I got a electric finally after doing days of research on the best one and found that the 64$ 7810xl, or the cheaper norelco 7340 49$ (Not the norelco 7310) witch is just the exact same razor with a battery that isn't as great, but still good. Also both can be used plugged in so you don't even need the battery really. It's an amazing razor, and won't cause acne, or cut off the white heads, or rip out or pull on any of the hairs.

I do not recommend any other razor, norelco 7340, and norelco 7840 are the best razors on the market from all the research ive done, the only thing better I think is a razor that is almost impossible to find, the Norelco 6885XL witch was made about 2000 2001, But I don't even know if that's true.

Remember shave lightly and in a circular motion. And use the pop-up trimmer on the lowest part of of the neck if it's a sensitive spot for you. do not get it wet to often, because It is not really the cutting that wears down the blade, it's the water And make sure keep it away from steam.

P.s DO NOT GET A FOIL RAZOR, they are terrible imo. And multi wring razors from my experience have a tendency of pulling on hair, but I'm not sure about all of them.

Edited by AthleticHunta

The shaving issue should be pretty well known. I think the military even lets people grow a beard when they break out from shaving. Or maybe it was the local police. I can remember someone telling me that a long time ago, I just don't remember which organization that usually requires people to be clean shaven.

My older brother has this issue and so has used an electric razor for decades.

You are forgetting one important point: Removing food intolerances or sensitivities can be the most important change, improving not only acne but overall health. Everyone I know seems to have a food intolerance to either gluten, corn, soy, dairy or citrus.

The shaving issue should be pretty well known. I think the military even lets people grow a beard when they break out from shaving. Or maybe it was the local police. I can remember someone telling me that a long time ago, I just don't remember which organization that usually requires people to be clean shaven.

The military doesn't exactly let anyone grow beards, it has to be kept within 1/4 inch in length. It depends on who you see to determine if you get one or not, and even then it's only temporary. Getting a permanent one can be pretty difficult.

I try and get away with shaving every other work day, I cut my neck up every time I shave it unless it's been growing for 3-4 days. I definitely need to get this electric razor. It's been suggested to me before but I've just forgotten about it for some reason so I appreciate the reminder :D

You are forgetting one important point: Removing food intolerances or sensitivities can be the most important change, improving not only acne but overall health. Everyone I know seems to have a food intolerance to either gluten, corn, soy, dairy or citrus.

Citrus huh?, cool. I want aware of that, thanks (: . I'm gluten, lactose, corn intolerant Myself, also intolerant to processed meats like baken and hot dogs.

When I eat the wrong things. I get like a little a.d.d, uneasy, my muscles and neck tighten up, while my ears turn red and I get bloated and constipated T_T ...

I try to stay on a diet of organic meat, eggs, fruits, and vegetables and that's it. But Ive never heard of citrus doing anything wrong hrmm...

I ate something today that messed me up, I can't really figure out what it was tho... maybe those oranges?, or perhaps that apple cider tea with mint >_> ..

Well anyway ty (:

Yep, that's right.

Yes. and some people have done everything in their power to clear their acne and its still there! So then what? do you just continue and hope that you outgrow it or do you keep fighting the good fight everyday? Personally I am sick to death of it! Elf

When it comes to acne, sebum is the number 1 curprit (most of the time).