Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Redskin

Is it normal to go on a topical after Accutane?

Finished my course like 1 month ago, and sad to see acne slowly coming back, granted it is not a lot, just small bumps, no real big zits or anything, but it worries me because i am scared that this is just the beginning, and it will continue to get worse.

I talked to my derm and she said to use Ziana, which is a topical retinoid. I am not sure about this simply because i was on Ziana for a year before accutane, and it didnt work very well.

Do you think this is a good idea? Maybe the accutane weakened my acne so the Ziana will work better? #dontknow

It's nothing out of the ordinary if you need a topical after Accutane. I'm using tretonoin I think right now... It's some kind of topical retinoid. It is working really well, actually, even though before Accutane nothing worked... Not even the same cream. It's weird. But best of luck!

man dude i hope you are right, was very discouraging seeing new acne start forming after suffering for 6 months on that shit.

Definitely use a topical retinoid. Not only will it help prevent acne but it will also help even your skin tone. It prevents skin cells from clumping up in the pore so a retinoid is definitely a plus even after Accutane.

I currently use salicylic acid 2% in the morning and Retin-A Micro 0.04 % at night and it has helped keep my skin clear (now 2 months off Accutane).

Edited by Warrior of Acne