Notifications
Clear all

Head and Shoulders: miracle bacne cure in 1 week

MemberMember
(@bacnefree123)

Posted : 03/30/2011 11:54 pm

I have been suffering with acne n my upper back and shoulders on and off for 2 years with the past cycle never going back off (6 mos) I tried a billion chemical and natural bacne cures and nothing worked. At first I thought the vinegar cure was working, but it stalled out around day 10 and my bacne got worse again. the bacne was destroying my self confidence, and I was despereate to find a cure.

Then I got to a forum talking about using head and shoulders shampoo (classic clean) to treat bacne. Its the shampoo that I use normally, so with nothing to lose I gave it a shot and it yield miraculous results. After 6 days I am 100% clear

But how does it work? Head and shoulders CLASSIC CLEAN shampoo (you have to use the classic) contains zinc pyrothine which can be extremely effective fir many people in curing bacne.

I washed my back gently with a bath sponge and h&s in the shower twice per day (don't leave it on) and allowed my back to air dry before continuing about my day.

Be warned, it can be vey drying and may get a little itchy but it is vital to not touch your back or apply lotion until after the active bacne has cleared.

This has been my miracle and I hope it can help those who gave given up on finding a cure. :)

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 04/01/2011 7:15 am

yup, good to hear someone else discovered this too

the reason head and shoulders works is because it has Pyrithion Zinc, which promotes dead skin to sloth off

however, an even better option is Selenium Sulfide, which promotes dead skin to sloth off AND slows down skin cell turnover (2 in 1!)

(you'll notice that Head and Shoulder "Intense" uses selenium sulfide rather than the pyrithion zinc in "Classic" for the reason above)

If you research online, you'll find that the most effective shampoo for this is not Head and Shoulders Intense, rather, it is Selsun Blue Medicated, which has 1% selenium sulfide (as do the other versions, meaning that it does not have to be the Medicated version, just make sure that it has Selenium Sulfide as the active ingredient because the normal version of Selsun Blue uses Pyrithion Zinc)

There's also this new Selsun Blue Deep Cleansing version.. I don't know much about it, but it could be even better than the medicated version as it seems to have scrubbing beads in it

There are 3 even more powerful options, Selsun Blue 2.5%, which has 2.5% selenium sulfide, which i think is overkill (note that selenium sulfide absorbs into your body and that it is a potentially harmful chemical), and it costs more per volume than the other Selsun Blue products, some other thing that I forgot the name to because it was ridiculously expensive, and a prescription one that is also very expensive.

Selsun Blue Medicated is just a bit more expensive than Head and Shoulders, but I'd say that it's definitely worth it! (I noticed a difference when I switched from Head and Shoulders to Selsun Blue)

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 04/01/2011 9:06 am

Since it work for the back......Would this work on the face?

MemberMember
(@akko)

Posted : 04/01/2011 12:43 pm

Another reason it works (I thought it was the primary reason) is that the Zinc inhibits the growth of fungi and bacteria(that's how it gets rid of dandruff). I heard that a lot of body acne is caused by skin fungus.

H&S could work for face acne, but it's pretty harsh stuff. I mistakenly left it on overnight once and got a chemical burn!

MemberMember
(@brawn)

Posted : 04/01/2011 2:36 pm

i used H&S on my face and my skin looked HORRIBLE, didn't have a pimple to begin with so i can't tell if it has an effect, but WOW my skin looked horrible, so i just stopped it

MemberMember
(@bacnefree123)

Posted : 04/02/2011 2:27 pm

No it would be too harsh and drying for the face. I only have mild facial acne and 2% salicylic acne scrub keeps me clear.

MemberMember
(@rudekitten25)

Posted : 08/01/2011 4:37 am

stumbled upon this accidentally (: my dr. said i should try selsun blue for my tinea versicolor and it cleared up my back! i switched to the wal-mart store brand b/c they don't test on animals!

MemberMember
(@tinkerphaej)

Posted : 05/20/2013 4:40 pm

Just adding my two cents!

I have had moderate bacne for 15 years. Since puberty, there has RARELY been ONE SINGLE DAY where my back skin is perfectly clear... That is ALOT of sundresses I've missed out on!!!

I have never had any acne on my face, nor anywhere else on my body, but my upper back has always been rough and grainy feeling, usually with one or two inflamed pimples. Sometimes the pimples are deep, cyctic and painful.

I have only ever managed a bit of success in keeping my back skin in okay shape... Never smooth and lovely, but sometimes presentable through salicylic acid scrub.

That was until I read about H&S... What the hell, I thought.

I have used Head and Shoulders for a shampoo before and found it GAVE me flakes, so I was pretty skeptical....

BUT, I started using it on my hair and back, leaving it on for 2 minutes, and rinsing.

Within 5 days, my back was 75% clear, and silky smooth to the touch.

Within a month, my hair is shiny and my scalp feels great, and best of all, I have had no sign of acne! After FIFTEEN YEARS of consistent acne!

I just want to spread the word...

MemberMember
(@tom-busby)

Posted : 05/21/2013 12:06 am

Has Proctor & Gamble really come to this?

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/24/2014 11:24 pm

When I started using Head & Shoulders shampoo just on my hair, it caused my bacne.

MemberMember
(@pilotguy327)

Posted : 04/25/2014 1:18 pm

I've been using it too, combined with Apple Cider vinegar. The trick is to keep going with it. It won't work immediately but within a week I am 75% clear, after suffering for 6 years! It seems to slightly make my scars less notable as well! It dries your skin a bit, so maybe try and find a lotion that won't close your pores to accommodate it.

Also- I don't know about using it on the face. It makes my back pretty dry and red right after usage, but the red fades away. I don't have face acne but I'd say if you were to use it on your face, put it on in the shower for a minute max and then rinse it off. Or use it once every other day.

MemberMember
(@sara93)

Posted : 06/09/2014 9:33 pm

Hello,

extremely interested to know if this miracle treatment would work with people suffering from Keratosis Pilaris! This condition is in my full arms, full legs, full back and spreading to my chest. Been this way for 8 years now.

I would be very grateful for an answer.

Thank you!!

MemberMember
(@theguynextdoor)

Posted : 06/25/2014 2:41 am

I've had bacne and scalp acne with eczema for years. I discovered the therapeutic results of zinc several months ago from a shampoo called zincplex. I buy the 'extra strength' because of the eczema and bumps in my scalp, but I also lather it up on my back. It works amazing. No outbreaks since. I even wash my beard with it and I have no flakes, no redness, no itching. I now buy this a gallon at a time. [removed] - rm

MemberMember
(@ujboy15)

Posted : 07/21/2014 12:29 pm

Tried this once and now doing it daily! My back is clearing finally! A year of suffering now coming to an end!

MemberMember
(@sj55)

Posted : 08/13/2014 7:08 pm

Thank you bacnefree for creating this post .. I tried Head and Shoulders, Classic Clean on my back for the first time last week and it has completely cleared all my back acne ! I have been trying to clear it for years using different methods with nothing working. Pyrithione Zinc, the main ingredient in the shampoo is known for antibacterial qualities as well as being able to clear away dead skin cells.. Buy yourself a loofah and some H&S and give this a try! I tried using this on my face but it was a little harsh as I also have seborrheic dermatitis. On my scalp and face I have just begun using Noble soap and cream once a day. I will post back with my results for Noble and any updates with the H&S for bacne. Give this a try !!

MemberMember
(@scarface0005)

Posted : 08/14/2014 12:10 pm

What are the options for people in other countries(eg India)?

HS Classic is not available here.

MemberMember
(@joshflapjack)

Posted : 08/14/2014 4:16 pm

Greetings all

I felt obliged to post a response to this, as it was this thread that led me to trying Head&Shoulders for my bacne.

First I should say that my bacne was bad, painful, and very unsightly. It went through phases of being tolerable (read: no large painful spots), but it was always quite scarred looking (I never scratched/irritated my back, but red marks were the result of the spots nonetheless).

It was really uncomfortable if I wore even a modestly fitted t-shirt/shirt, and if anything came into contact (a friend's arm, a colleague's literal pat on the back, the back of a seat, lying down at night, etc.) it was very painful.

In fairness I was quite lazy about seeking treatment. My brother had infinitely worse bacne, and he sought medical treatment (he tried accutane) and it worked to a degree, and over time it simply started clearing (in his early 20s now).

I never had a problem with it until 2-3 years ago, when it started spreading on my chest too, and my back became ever more painful.

Possibly because it never affected my face (I'm fortunate in having completely clear facial skin), I was never motivated to really address the problem, plus the truly painful spots only appeared every so often.

However in the last year it got bad and started affecting my chest and posterior more frequently. Warm climates too (I've been living in Spain and Italy) made it worse. I started using OTC acne washes to various degrees of success (basic 2% salicylic acid washes), but it never really dented the problem, and provided temporary relief (a few days perhaps).

I'm in America now and it started really getting bad again (chest and back covered) when I stumbled across this thread and decided to give it a go.

I purchased the 2in1 Classic Clean (shampoo and conditioner) and used it that night before bed. It has been a week and I can honestly say my chest is completely clear (only the faintest dots remain, and only noticeable if you're straining to find them) and my back is the best it has been in years. I would honestly say 80% improved.

1) I wash my back using a small-medium amount of H&S on a soft sponge (I wash my back last in the shower). I don't use any pressure, just repeatedly gently rubbing across the entire back, chest, neck and buttocks areas (for about a minute). After cleaning with regular temp water, I finish by rinsing my entire body with cold-ish water (to close the pores).

2) I just lay the towel on my back and allow the water be absorbed by the fibers. I don't in any way rigorously dry my back, chest, or buttocks.

3) I use basic aloe vera gel on all affected areas (as I heard H&S can be quite drying) and this doesn't clog your pores.

4) I let the aloe vera dry and my back "breathe" for as long as possible, then dress and go about my day.

These steps have worked for me, and my body continues to improve every day.

I haven't been this confident in a long time (especially wearing looser t-shirts that can slip and show part of your upper chest). Usually I had spots just below my neckline but no more. My back is also smoother and healthier looking than I can ever remember. Some spots remain (a few red ones), but they're not painful and appear and disappear quickly. Otherwise it's a world of difference.

I'll update in another week or so.

My only other advice is to simply try it. Even if you're skeptical (I was), it's only a few dollars, and probably half the price of a standard acne wash. Give it a few days and try it. As said, even if you think it's a scam or something else nefarious, it's a very cheap one to disprove!

It might not work for your skin type, but it definitely works (so far) for me.

Dina80 liked
MemberMember
(@smiley15)

Posted : 06/14/2015 3:12 pm

Fortunately I only have acne on my upper back.

I tried selsun blue nothing worked and then head and shoulders a little bit better.

However, as others have mentioned using a loofah too hard made my back worse it has ever been and spread acne to a bunch of different places!

I also kept it on for a long time and shower and put a last coat before getting out to let it dry this cause my skin tone noticeably blotchy and itchy so don't do it if your skin is sensitive!

I wish I had the success story as these others but try s little a time and don't over do it.

Next I am going to try to by a sponsor like a post said here instead of back brush or harsh loofah and don't rub just let the shampoo Go down my back from shampooing my hair. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@kelsjo8)

Posted : 08/23/2015 9:56 am

I found this site and decided to give the head and shoulders a try because I've tried everything else.

I'm 22 year old and started getting bacne in 7th grade. My parents never took me to the doctor for it because they figured it was just puberty. Once I was 18+ I started going to the derm and they gave me all the antibiotics which Never helped and only gave me horrible side effects.

I started the h&s one week ago and my upper back is almost completely clear. (I have acne from the top of my back all the way down to my butt).

My skin feels"normal" like anyone else's without acne and that's so exciting to me. I noticed that when I stress about my skin it flares up so I'm just staying calm and hydrating.

What I do is:

Put the shampoo all over my problem areas on dry skin

Basically just walk around topless for 10-15 minutes to let it sit

Use a loofah to scrub very very lightly to get it sudsy.

Rinse off

Let my skin air dry and apply pure tea tree oil on my skin to help with scars.

I'm hoping that by the end of this year I will put this acne era behind me and enjoy my life in cuter tank tops and swimsuits for summer :)!

MemberMember
(@jessicajh)

Posted : 09/01/2015 3:06 pm

I saw this post a little over a month ago and decided I had nothing to lose. This is literally a miracle and I owe my life to you lol. I got bacne when I was about 12 and in sixth grade due to puberty. I am now 16, a junior in high school, and my back acne is almost completely clear. I have tried everything to clear my back for years and this is the only thing that has ever worked, and it only took a month! All that I have left is almost healed scarring and scars. Do you have any other tricks to get rid of those? lol. Also, I love this as a shampoo just as much! It smells amazing and cleans my hair and scalp so well. haha thank you so much for this!:)

MemberMember
(@ben007)

Posted : 09/01/2015 11:54 pm

I really need to give this a go. Do you think this would work on other parts of the body as well? :)

MemberMember
(@avad499)

Posted : 09/16/2015 2:26 pm

Be warned it works....at first! I used it for several months with a completely clear back, however 3 months ago it became completely useless, and my acne is back with a vengence.

MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 09/22/2015 12:13 am

This treatment didn't work for me. I have clogged pores on chest, shoulders, and back but never whiteheads or cystic acne. So I just use a 2% BHA and that helps but it's such a pain when trying to reach. I'd rather use something else for my body. For a long while, my back was acne-free and I didn't do anything to it besides body wash and moisturize with aveeno. But now my body's changed and I'm back to having clogged pores there again x.x

MemberMember
(@supersloan)

Posted : 01/10/2016 10:43 am

I have been using head and shoulders on my back for a while as well and it has definitely helped. And a couple days a week I will apply Powderma's back acne treatmentin the morning as well, which also contains zinc. That helps a lot too.

MemberMember
(@ari-abdul)

Posted : 01/17/2016 8:42 am

Omgosh I need to try this! Lately, I've been getting bad breakouts on my back! I hope this works!