Notifications
Clear all

hi whats the best treatment for shallow kind of box scar?

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 03/30/2011 1:09 pm

hi i only have one shallow boxscar in the middle of my cheek ... so i cant experiment ...its just one and i dont want to make it worse...and its been a year and i havent learned to live with it and i knw myself i cant learn to do that ever...i m too self-concious... so do u have any luck with any other improvement...actually my problem is i dont have time to experiment i m getting married in september and if anything goes wrong i would be totally f****d...

MemberMember
(@rimram)

Posted : 03/30/2011 3:12 pm

This is probably not what you want to hear, but, seriously, stop obsessing. One thing that I'd certainly hate myself for doing is rushing away with some treatment only to make it worse.

You do know that there are concealer type products for atrophic scars? How big is it? I get that you want to look your best when you get married, but I bet that you can make it completely invisible for just that day without doing anything too hastily.

That being said, if you still want to go through with removing it, you should probably look at excising it. Be warned, though, excision is an invasive treatment and there are no guarantees in terms of results.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 03/31/2011 3:22 am

thanks but concealer only takes away the colour which is slightly darker than the rest of the skin but the texture is visible ...to me atleast ...my problem is that i can see it...i dont care if other people dont...:(

MemberMember
(@rimram)

Posted : 03/31/2011 4:48 am

I take it that it's like a small depression in the skin? I've never used it before, but I remember seeing something about some kind of camouflage product that fills out depressions and evens out the skin. Makeup on that, and it should practically be invisible, even in your eyes ;). Again, temporary solution, but might work for your marriage and while waiting for something better to come around. Don't worry though, you will get your flawless skin at some point :) One scar shouldn't be a big problem to fix.

I'd personally not go for an excision. While ppl on this forum seem to be rather enthusiastic about it, I feel like there might be some adverse effects that they don't take into account. Sure, you might get a close to perfect closure without any visible scarring (if you're lucky), but any cutting away of skin will create additional tension and reduce the natural laxity of the skin, which could result in asymmetries, although very slight. This might not be a problem when you're cutting away just one boxcar, since your laxity is initially very high anyway, but I think it might be worth keeping in mind.

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 03/31/2011 7:08 am

yeah i really dont want to go through laser,dermabrasion or excision...i m asian so laser and dermabrasion can cause hypopigmentation...i was curious about fat grafting or stem cell transfer...does anyone know these treatments work or not

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 03/31/2011 1:21 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@raqjaq)

Posted : 03/31/2011 2:25 pm

Have you considered a derma stamp? I've used one on a cheek scar and I it's definitely improving but it's not a quick fix. I've also read that you can have fillers injected into depressed scars. Maybe you could wait until closer to your wedding and if it still bothers you see about a filler.

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 03/31/2011 4:16 pm

tommorow is my appointment with my derm so lets see what she recommends...but i m certain that whether i will have stem cell,or fat grafting, or microdroplet silicone injected...coz i knw a person on this website who had icepick scars very deep and awful thn he went through microdroplet silicone treatment and he had 80% improvement in 2009 and today there is not a .1% difference in his scars the improvement is still there...so i have a single shallow sucker i mean scar...it would def help me..

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/31/2011 6:16 pm

tommorow is my appointment with my derm so lets see what she recommends...but i m certain that whether i will have stem cell,or fat grafting, or microdroplet silicone injected...coz i knw a person on this website who had icepick scars very deep and awful thn he went through microdroplet silicone treatment and he had 80% improvement in 2009 and today there is not a .1% difference in his scars the improvement is still there...so i have a single shallow sucker i mean scar...it would def help me..

tbh, the derm will most likely say "forget about it." I have shallow scarring, and the derms ive been to (3-4), all basically say, its minor, forget about it. And if i ask for treatments, they just tell me to use retina and basically just shrug.

If its just one shallow scar, and you have flawless skin, one scar actually looks very sexy

MemberMember
(@sanjoseskin)

Posted : 03/31/2011 7:02 pm

tbh, the derm will most likely say "forget about it." I have shallow scarring, and the derms ive been to (3-4), all basically say, its minor, forget about it. And if i ask for treatments, they just tell me to use retina and basically just shrug.

If its just one shallow scar, and you have flawless skin, one scar actually looks very sexy

Thats because you don't have scars. Everyone has seen your pics, YOU DON'T HAVE ACNE SCARS, NOT EVEN ONE.

I REMEMBER your pics and you have little bumps under your eyes, which are VERY COMMON, I get them from time to time also. They are either fordyce spots or milia, and are easily treated with Retin-A. Probably thats why your doctors suggested that.

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/01/2011 1:25 pm

i dont think it looks sexy on a girl's face..!

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/01/2011 1:29 pm

i dont think it looks sexy on a girl's face..!

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/01/2011 2:26 pm

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/01/2011 5:48 pm

Thats because you don't have scars. Everyone has seen your pics, YOU DON'T HAVE ACNE SCARS, NOT EVEN ONE.

I REMEMBER your pics and you have little bumps under your eyes, which are VERY COMMON, I get them from time to time also. They are either fordyce spots or milia, and are easily treated with Retin-A. Probably thats why your doctors suggested that.

Than why did 2 of the 3 derms say i have shallow scarring? And to use retina for it?

I don't care about those bumps other my eyes..

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/02/2011 2:38 am

Than why did 2 of the 3 derms say i have shallow scarring? And to use retina for it?

I don't care about those bumps other my eyes..

stop fighting...plz

MemberMember
(@raiderdood)

Posted : 04/02/2011 3:03 am

rumah, boxcars are the hardest to treat, at least in my opinion and experience.

Ask your derm about punch floats/lifts/elevations, whatever he wants to call them. Worked very well for my boxcar scars. Boxcar cannot be huge though, less than 2mm is ideal.

asking for scar revision with no consequences is a really hard thing to do. A lot of times your scar gets worse before it gets better. Good luck to you, but seriously, one scar? Stop worrying so much!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/02/2011 5:49 am

Ask your derm about punch floats/lifts/elevations, whatever he wants to call them. Worked very well for my boxcar scars. Boxcar cannot be huge though, less than 2mm is ideal.

asking for scar revision with no consequences is a really hard thing to do. A lot of times your scar gets worse before it gets better. Good luck to you, but seriously, one scar? Stop worrying so much!

what if hers isnt really a boxcar, but a saucer?

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/02/2011 7:21 am

what if hers isnt really a boxcar, but a saucer?

yeah its kind of a saucer

MemberMember
(@feelsgood)

Posted : 04/02/2011 10:09 am

Have you considered a derma stamp? I've used one on a cheek scar and I it's definitely improving but it's not a quick fix. I've also read that you can have fillers injected into depressed scars. Maybe you could wait until closer to your wedding and if it still bothers you see about a filler.

Hi rumah, I also recommend dermastamp. I started stamping in January. I've done about 5 stamp treatments and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, the scars are changing in a positive way. I've only noticed the changes a few days ago.

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/02/2011 12:01 pm

Hi rumah, I also recommend dermastamp. I started stamping in January. I've done about 5 stamp treatments and unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, the scars are changing in a positive way. I've only noticed the changes a few days ago.

5 dermastamps in ..... months? how long did it take u to see results...i m worried coz i m getting married in september...

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/07/2011 3:14 pm

hello anyone...with any useful method of treatment

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/24/2011 10:59 am

so...i starting breaking out 2 years back but last year in june i had the worst breakout with cystic pimples all over my face,.... i got cysts on my cheeks again and again.... so after my skin healed i noticed some icepick scars near my jawline there was like 6 icepicks very small ones ang i got 2 boxscars( 1 almost 1cm and other .5 cm) exactly in the middle of my cheek....

i was looking for a treatment since october...then 2 months back i noticed when i wake up mt icepicks are never there but as the day passes they start appearing...i was weird !! but last month i noticed that all 6 of them were gone...without any treatment...and i m sure they were icepicks coz i used to fill concealer in them...they were deeeep... so i was left with 2 boxscars and on this site i was asking for a perfect treatment coz i had no idea...my self confidence was shattered ...boxscars are always there even if u r wearing lots of makeup u can clearly see the depressions....

3 days back my fiancee came and i was complaining about my scars...and 2 days back when i woke up i felt my scar is 50% gone... i was like surprised or shocked i dont knw....

yesterday it looked 75% gone....and i really stunned!

and today when i woke up there was no depression... i was getting ready to go for shopping and i was holding concealer and thinking ...where should i apply it??

i got ready and again looked very closely there was no scar!!

there is no scar left!!

my fiancee is very religious he used to say it would heal dont worry and i always replied scars dont heal by themselves... they should be treated,excised etc!!

but now i believe... its just that i m not using any product on my scars...i left them on their own!! i cant believe it!

but i m happy and confident:) AGAIN!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/24/2011 10:49 pm

so...i starting breaking out 2 years back but last year in june i had the worst breakout with cystic pimples all over my face,.... i got cysts on my cheeks again and again.... so after my skin healed i noticed some icepick scars near my jawline there was like 6 icepicks very small ones ang i got 2 boxscars( 1 almost 1cm and other .5 cm) exactly in the middle of my cheek....

i was looking for a treatment since october...then 2 months back i noticed when i wake up mt icepicks are never there but as the day passes they start appearing...i was weird !! but last month i noticed that all 6 of them were gone...without any treatment...and i m sure they were icepicks coz i used to fill concealer in them...they were deeeep... so i was left with 2 boxscars and on this site i was asking for a perfect treatment coz i had no idea...my self confidence was shattered ...boxscars are always there even if u r wearing lots of makeup u can clearly see the depressions....

3 days back my fiancee came and i was complaining about my scars...and 2 days back when i woke up i felt my scar is 50% gone... i was like surprised or shocked i dont knw....

and today when i woke up there was no depression... i was getting ready to go for shopping and i was holding concealer and thinking ...where should i apply it??

there is no scar left!!

my fiancee is very religious he used to say it would heal dont worry and i always replied scars dont heal by themselves... they should be treated,excised etc!!

but now i believe... its just that i m not using any product on my scars...i left them on their own!! i cant believe it!

What? so these scars just magically disappeared? Maybe they were EXTREMELY superficial. Did you ever use anything on your skin, like benzoyl peroxide etc? Or nothing at all?

Maybe these were not scars at all, just your mind was playing tricks on you?

Anyways, be happy they are gone!

MemberMember
(@rumah)

Posted : 04/25/2011 3:35 am

there is no scar left!!

What? so these scars just magically disappeared? Maybe they were EXTREMELY superficial. Did you ever use anything on your skin, like benzoyl peroxide etc? Or nothing at all?

no they were actually scars i send my pics to a member of this site and he told me it was a classic boxscar...and it has happened to me before with my icepicks and now with boxscars...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/25/2011 6:45 am

there is no scar left!!

no they were actually scars i send my pics to a member of this site and he told me it was a classic boxscar...and it has happened to me before with my icepicks and now with boxscars...

may i see a photo please? thanks