I found my ACNE CUR...

Notifications
Clear all

I found my ACNE CURE!!!!

MemberMember
(@bigphil205)

Posted : 03/30/2011 11:07 am

I am currently two months in to perfectly clear skin. I have started to wear hats, eat sugars and dairy again and i go to the gym 4 days a week and sweat my @ss off. None of this effects my skin any longer. If you dont have time to read the whole thing skip to the last parts for what i call my personal "cure" to adult acne.

Ive had acne since 14, im 29. I started off with whiteheads, then in at the end of highschool went from not only 3-5 whiteheads every morning to a few deep large cystic type pimples every week. I shave my head and get acne on the top of my head, and i get acne on my chest and sometimes shoulders. I got a great job at 21 and had lots of money to go pay for every and any magical acne cure i saw advertised.

Here is a list of products/brands i have tried and will never use on my face again and i believe do not work and the chemicals can and will do damage in time.

Skin Id

Proactive

Murad

Stiefel

clean and clear

Acne.org regimen

Ive used others but forgot exactly the names, some were over $200 for 1 month. ohh the dumb things i did for hope.

I used proactive the longest because from 23-25 i had hardly any acne and life was good and proactive kinda worked about 85% of the time which i thought was ok.

I am now a health nut because i love going to the gym and want to make it count. I was told that there can be an allergy to food during adulthood that causes acne so i stopped dairy because it makes my stomach hurt sometimes now that im older, i stopped sugar, bread, flour, basically started a gluten free diet. i even stopped eating fruits high in sugar. and i love ice cream more then my dog, and i love sugar more then life itself.

Here is what i started doing that "helped", which let me to question why when it only "helped"

Over the course of 2 years my skin changed badly, any chemicals burned my skin, stuff that before didnt phase it. i knew chemicals were no longer a solution. i would put on the proactive wash and my face looked like i was choking it was soo red. I knew i had to look for something better.

I started taking a mulitvitamin, zinc, fish oil and vitamin b complex. The zinc and fish oils did help alot for the quality of my skin over my whole body, and for me the vitamin b seemed to help keep pimples smaller. After not using chemicals i realized i had oily skin, not dry skin which i though i had from the chemicals destroying it. The zinc stopped all oily skin problems with just 1 50mg tablet per day. All these helped but i still had acne. So something else had to be causing it.

So here is where the path to my "cure" started. I found Dermify, it helped but was not the cure. It is hands down the best thing i have ever used and its natural/organic. my skin is soo soft, and now that i dont have acne i can touch it, and feel how great it is and not get pimples from touching my face. I was a preteen the last time i could say that, about 15 years..... dermify and those supplements listed cut down my acne, my skin felt better but i still had acne. all of a sudden i started to have less whiteheads and more cystic acne. so i went to nonstop research mode. in my seach for cystic acne i came across many different issues but there was a flashing spot light that is the big #1 problem. So here it is, the leading cause of adult acne, especially adults who use or have used any prescription drugs which i have not......POOR DIGESTIVE HEALTH!!! The average american eats soo much meat and carbs and eats in 1 year on average the amount of fiber their body needs in 1 month. bread is not fiber, not in the amounts you need so dont say "i eat my fiber" you dont.

The cure is not in your food intake, but in your digestive tract and your BM's. after 1 week taking fiber you will be able to see everytime you #2 that you were not healthy in your digestion. the foods you eat DO NOT CAUSE ACNE, unless you have a reaction to them. I know for some people sugar can cause acne because of candida. there are many food allergies out there, many of them can cause acne, but those are more rare. But, its safe to say almost everybody has poor digestion.

There is tons of info to read about that, but here are the two items that taken every day WILL cure your adult acne, and probably for that matter all acne.

the first is a quality fiber, not physillium. Try the NOW brand Fiber 3 that has omega 3's in it, the second step and most important is PROBIOTICS. I have tried 3 different types the one that i like is a pill from the NOW brand called GR8-dophillous. you keep it in the fridge after opening to keep its potency but if you need to travel it still works not cooled. i normally take the amount i need and put them in a different bottle for the trip.

Here is my new daily regimen. I wake up walk to the fridge get out 1 probiotic pill, mix up a cup of fiber and use the fiber drink to swallow the pill. fiber makes your body need water so i drink 1 more glass 2 if you can take it. You need to drink room temp water because cold water is hard on your stomach and the probiotic pill. then i wash my face. right after dinner i take my supplements, a couple hours after eating dinner when my stomach is empty i take 1 more probiotic pill with a glass of water and wash my face and go to bed. that is it.

i suggest you take the supplements as well because they have worked great for me. the fiber is about 12 dollars per month, the probiotics are about 7 per month. dermify is 30 per bottle but lasts over 3 months per bottle when it says a 1 month supply. all my other supplements cost around 7 dollars a month from walmart. they are more expensive but have 3-5 month supplys.

overall my acne...wait i dont have acne any longer, face care is...$36. give or take, it is cheaper then that now because i have found places to get supplements in larger quantities which make them very cheap. it is more like 30 bucks. and if you dont need the zinc or vitamin b, or feel that omega'3 in fish oil isnt needed (google it, you need it) it will be closer to 23-25. that is cheap in comparison to most regimens.

On my gym days i wash my face three times. I have used the crappy gym soap on my face, axe body wash on my face, a towel for almost a week, bad smelly well water, and none of it has given me breakouts. all these little things i thought caused my acne were all bogus, i had great skin, i just had to find it.

I had to share this information. Google probiotics and fiber cure for acne, or probiotics cure for acne. i think they are trying to hide this from us. it is a known fact, but yet how many of us know this? I have 2 friends i started on this regimen. both acne free in less then 3 weeks. one had very mild acne, the other had cystic acne and horrible body acne. worked for both.

go forth, fix your digestive problems and feel better, get way more energy, and wake up every morning as i still do, walk to the mirror, and smile like you just had the best sex of your life because there is not one $#%#$%^'ing pimple on your sexy little face.

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 03/30/2011 11:46 am

I have to give this a try. At the moment I'm on Spironolactone and use atralin gel. I live such a hectic stressed routine, I eat out a lot at buffets and I get discouraged about my eating habits. When I eat out I do watch what I eat. It's so hard, because I just cant find the time to cook.

Anyways when I was younger I've always had constipation problems. Right now I guess no so much. - but I'm still feel my acne is an internal problem Reading your post makes me wonder if this is what's wrong with me. I think I'm going to take your advice and give this a try in addition to taking the spiro.

Thanks for your sharing your success story. Maybe this will be my cure as well. You think you can make a list or your regimine?

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 03/30/2011 11:49 am

Can you make a list of your regiime and how much you take and brands?

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 03/30/2011 12:13 pm

I am currently two months in to perfectly clear skin. I have started to wear hats, eat sugars and dairy again and i go to the gym 4 days a week and sweat my @ss off. None of this effects my skin any longer. If you dont have time to read the whole thing skip to the last parts for what i call my personal "cure" to adult acne.

Ive had acne since 14, im 29. I started off with whiteheads, then in at the end of highschool went from not only 3-5 whiteheads every morning to a few deep large cystic type pimples every week. I shave my head and get acne on the top of my head, and i get acne on my chest and sometimes shoulders. I got a great job at 21 and had lots of money to go pay for every and any magical acne cure i saw advertised.

Here is a list of products/brands i have tried and will never use on my face again and i believe do not work and the chemicals can and will do damage in time.

Skin Id

Proactive

Murad

Stiefel

clean and clear

Acne.org regimen

Ive used others but forgot exactly the names, some were over $200 for 1 month. ohh the dumb things i did for hope.

I used proactive the longest because from 23-25 i had hardly any acne and life was good and proactive kinda worked about 85% of the time which i thought was ok.

I am now a health nut because i love going to the gym and want to make it count. I was told that there can be an allergy to food during adulthood that causes acne so i stopped dairy because it makes my stomach hurt sometimes now that im older, i stopped sugar, bread, flour, basically started a gluten free diet. i even stopped eating fruits high in sugar. and i love ice cream more then my dog, and i love sugar more then life itself.

Here is what i started doing that "helped", which let me to question why when it only "helped"

Over the course of 2 years my skin changed badly, any chemicals burned my skin, stuff that before didnt phase it. i knew chemicals were no longer a solution. i would put on the proactive wash and my face looked like i was choking it was soo red. I knew i had to look for something better.

I started taking a mulitvitamin, zinc, fish oil and vitamin b complex. The zinc and fish oils did help alot for the quality of my skin over my whole body, and for me the vitamin b seemed to help keep pimples smaller. After not using chemicals i realized i had oily skin, not dry skin which i though i had from the chemicals destroying it. The zinc stopped all oily skin problems with just 1 50mg tablet per day. All these helped but i still had acne. So something else had to be causing it.

So here is where the path to my "cure" started. I found Dermify, it helped but was not the cure. It is hands down the best thing i have ever used and its natural/organic. my skin is soo soft, and now that i dont have acne i can touch it, and feel how great it is and not get pimples from touching my face. I was a preteen the last time i could say that, about 15 years..... dermify and those supplements listed cut down my acne, my skin felt better but i still had acne. all of a sudden i started to have less whiteheads and more cystic acne. so i went to nonstop research mode. in my seach for cystic acne i came across many different issues but there was a flashing spot light that is the big #1 problem. So here it is, the leading cause of adult acne, especially adults who use or have used any prescription drugs which i have not......POOR DIGESTIVE HEALTH!!! The average american eats soo much meat and carbs and eats in 1 year on average the amount of fiber their body needs in 1 month. bread is not fiber, not in the amounts you need so dont say "i eat my fiber" you dont.

The cure is not in your food intake, but in your digestive tract and your BM's. after 1 week taking fiber you will be able to see everytime you #2 that you were not healthy in your digestion. the foods you eat DO NOT CAUSE ACNE, unless you have a reaction to them. I know for some people sugar can cause acne because of candida. there are many food allergies out there, many of them can cause acne, but those are more rare. But, its safe to say almost everybody has poor digestion.

There is tons of info to read about that, but here are the two items that taken every day WILL cure your adult acne, and probably for that matter all acne.

the first is a quality fiber, not physillium. Try the NOW brand Fiber 3 that has omega 3's in it, the second step and most important is PROBIOTICS. I have tried 3 different types the one that i like is a pill from the NOW brand called GR8-dophillous. you keep it in the fridge after opening to keep its potency but if you need to travel it still works not cooled. i normally take the amount i need and put them in a different bottle for the trip.

Here is my new daily regimen. I wake up walk to the fridge get out 1 probiotic pill, mix up a cup of fiber and use the fiber drink to swallow the pill. fiber makes your body need water so i drink 1 more glass 2 if you can take it. You need to drink room temp water because cold water is hard on your stomach and the probiotic pill. then i wash my face. right after dinner i take my supplements, a couple hours after eating dinner when my stomach is empty i take 1 more probiotic pill with a glass of water and wash my face and go to bed. that is it.

i suggest you take the supplements as well because they have worked great for me. the fiber is about 12 dollars per month, the probiotics are about 7 per month. dermify is 30 per bottle but lasts over 3 months per bottle when it says a 1 month supply. all my other supplements cost around 7 dollars a month from walmart. they are more expensive but have 3-5 month supplys.

overall my acne...wait i dont have acne any longer, face care is...$36. give or take, it is cheaper then that now because i have found places to get supplements in larger quantities which make them very cheap. it is more like 30 bucks. and if you dont need the zinc or vitamin b, or feel that omega'3 in fish oil isnt needed (google it, you need it) it will be closer to 23-25. that is cheap in comparison to most regimens.

On my gym days i wash my face three times. I have used the crappy gym soap on my face, axe body wash on my face, a towel for almost a week, bad smelly well water, and none of it has given me breakouts. all these little things i thought caused my acne were all bogus, i had great skin, i just had to find it.

I had to share this information. Google probiotics and fiber cure for acne, or probiotics cure for acne. i think they are trying to hide this from us. it is a known fact, but yet how many of us know this? I have 2 friends i started on this regimen. both acne free in less then 3 weeks. one had very mild acne, the other had cystic acne and horrible body acne. worked for both.

go forth, fix your digestive problems and feel better, get way more energy, and wake up every morning as i still do, walk to the mirror, and smile like you just had the best sex of your life because there is not one $#%#$%^'ing pimple on your sexy little face.

im 43 years old and have been suffering from acne since i was 18..ive finally realized that maybe all the crap ive been using for all these years is not the answer...im verrrry intrigued by your regime, and will give it a try...where do you buy your fiber and probiotic pills? thanks for all the info!

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 03/30/2011 2:42 pm

Ok I look up Dermify and it says it's active ingredient is approved by the FDA, but it doesn't say what it is. Unless I overlooked it. What is the active ingredient???

MemberMember
(@espinilla12)

Posted : 03/30/2011 2:45 pm

Okay, never mind I found it. The active ingredient is Sulfur Colloid 5%.

MemberMember
(@catl)

Posted : 03/30/2011 7:14 pm

wow that sound to good to be true! But I just went to buy probiotics anyway. lol

MemberMember
(@raiderdood)

Posted : 03/30/2011 10:13 pm

Although I cannot comment on the authenticity of the regimen, I think it'll work for some people. I've gone through hundreds of products, antibiotics, topical creams and I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with how I'm taking care of my face externally. Acne lies skin deep with genetics and hormones, it's your bodies way of telling you somethings wrong. I've read similar threads about liver/colon cleanses that cleared peoples acne. Even the apple juice detox thread lol. Anyways, this sounds very interesting. I'll be giving this a try because I'm tired of putting so much crap on my face.

Quick questions for the OP. Does that dermify stuff really work? Do you just use it to spot treat? Or do you use it like BP all over your affected areas. Does it prevent acne? Or is it only to help reduce acne after its formed? And last, do you think fiber + probiotics would help with oily skin?

MemberMember
(@heartless)

Posted : 03/30/2011 10:30 pm

Great post Bigphil. My homeopathic doctor recommended probiotics to me years ago.

One other addition that may be beneficial is a full spectrum digestive enzyme. Even if you eat the best foods, if your digestive system isn't functioning up to par, it won't be able to fully break down the foods to utilize the valuable nutrients. This is where the digestive enzymes will help.

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 03/31/2011 1:15 pm

I wanted to ask you Bigphil if you found you had any food allergies or intollerances? Just you mentioned that most ppl did and you had cut stuff from your diet. Are you now eating all food groups?

Thanks for you post, really interesting to read :)

MemberMember
(@catl)

Posted : 03/31/2011 6:32 pm

I found a good article on that subject

http://www.gutpathogens.com/content/3/1/1

MemberMember
(@folk)

Posted : 03/31/2011 10:51 pm

I will try this, I think I'm done with antibiotics they just messed up my digestive system.

Can you mention what other supplements do you use?

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 04/01/2011 3:21 pm

very interesting that it worked on your friends.

so to sum up you need:

NOW brand Fiber 3 (or any good brand of digestive fibres?)

probiotics

and thats it?

what about washing, it now dosnt matter about cleansers etc? this is interesting cause my younger sister took digestive tablets and her skin has gotten so much better, and that she has cut wheat out! (gluten free diet shes been on)

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 04/01/2011 3:24 pm

very interesting that it worked on your friends.

so to sum up you need:

NOW brand Fiber 3 (or any good brand of digestive fibres?)

probiotics

and thats it?

what about washing, it now dosnt matter about cleansers etc? this is interesting cause my younger sister took digestive tablets and her skin has gotten so much better, and that she has cut wheat out! (gluten free diet shes been on)

come to think of this, it makes TOTAL sense... think about it, when you take anti biotics how do these work... they destroy good and bad bacteria in the STOMACH.

so lets think about this, before i started taking anti biotics my skin was going through what i would say was the normal teenage process. however at 23 and i still get them crop up and block the skin etc, something isnt right.

it dosnt seem to matter how good my cleaning regime is i still get them. so it must be something else.

im going to get some digestive enzymes and see what happens. its the one thing i havnt tried really

OP- any reason why Fibre 3 states no psyllium? is that bad? im trying to find something similar here in the UK

MemberMember
(@bigphil205)

Posted : 04/01/2011 8:06 pm

I will try to answer everyones questions, but first off i would have never thought i had digestive problems as i had 2-3 BM's per day and i hear some people dont even have 1 per day.

as far as washing my face, i just use water at the gym most of the time to get the sweat off. in the morning and at night i use dermify, you keep it on for one minute then rinse. it works as spot treatment and mask also. i use the mask for 20 mins about three times a week because it makes my skin even softer.

physillium fiber did not work for me, i heard from reliable sources that it is cheap and thats why you see it everywhere, there are no benifits to it other then it cleaning out your intestinal walls which can be enough but shouldnt be. other fiber such as garden of life, and the now fiber 3 have omega 3 and some protien in them which make them much better and they help you in many different ways. my preference is the now fiber 3 because it mixes better and even though it tastes like putting grain in your water it is fairly easy to handle first thing in the morning versus the garden of life fiber.

garden of life makes great products, but they are more expensive and harder to get locally. bodybuilding.com sells most of the now products, in larger quantities as well which can bring down the overall daily/monthly cost. the now gr8-dophillus probiotics are cheaper then the garden of life and they seem to work a bit better for me.

as far as my regimen goes here are the products and brands.

Now brand-

Fiber 3

Gr8-dophillus

zinc 50mg

mens 1 a day multi

nature made-

fish oil

b complex

i get the fiber and probiotics from nutritionzone which is right next to the gym, the health food store up the road carries every now brand product as well. walmart sells some of the cheapest supplments under their naturemade brand. you can get everything but the fiber and probiotics there for very cheap. health food stores are the place to go for probiotics and fiber.

before i go into detail about the whens of taking this stuff id like to say that i always thought i ate good and didnt think digestion could be whats doing it, but started to think food could. I have heard many instances where dairy causes acne not even to people who cant eat dairy. ive heard that candida (caused mostly by extended antibiotic use and more prevelent in women) is a big factor. i tried and anti candida treatment during my "phase out bad food" phase. what did i notice. less acne, but still acne. when i realized that eating a gluten free diet which i cant stress how difficult and strict is didnt work i questioned everything....again. i even gave up sugar because in some cases processed sugars do many horrible things to people when taken every day or in large amounts and i did both my whole life.

here is where i knew i was on to something. i went to buy fiber at nutritionzone and the owner said "when you take fiber you will notice you dont hardly have to wipe after going to the bathroom. me personally i felt like i crapped rocks most of the time and everytime i went it was a different color/consistancy. on day 2 of taking fiber my stools softened a bit and i had less mass then before. by the end of the week i went from 2-3 times a day to 1-2 and the consistancy/amount of my stools was the exact same every time. my acne had also improved. go figure? any new acne came to a head sooner then before and each pimple went away faster and never got as large as they had been.

at the end of week 1 i started probiotics and had a couple breakouts but i used to have a breakout 2 times a week so i expected it as normal yet. each day i woke up with less acne and hardly and new till one day i woke up with clear skin and no acne. i felt like dancing since it has been 15 years and this last year i turned down dates with girls i felt soo insecure about it. i did have a couple new whiteheads here and there but they were smaller and healed fast, like 1-2 days and were gone. i started to go longer and longer between any new acne till i just stopped having any. when i started to take 2 probiotic pills per day after reading that some people require more i had the quickest results but i hear you dont want to start taking 2-3 per day until a couple weeks in. probably just to let your body adjust and flush stuff out first.

when i wash my face im not 100% gentle but i dont scrub EVER. one thing dan was right about with his videos.

so i wake up and mix my fiber, and take 1 probiotic pill with that glass.

then i fill up 1-2 more glasses of room temp water and drink them

go wash my face

eat breakfast 30-40 mins later

then i take a shower at the gym between 2-5pm

come home eat dinner then take my multi,zinc,fish oil, and b complex. (do not take zinc on an empty stomach or after just a snack. it needs to be taken with a meal or you get kinda of wierd/sick feeling for about 20 mins)

then for 2 hrs i dont eat any food and take a probiotic pill before bed.

i do drink over 1 gallon of water per day. i eat between 4-6 meals per day, and i go to the gym almost every day. i work in a dirty place and my skin is dirty all day at work. i take various preworkout stimulants and protiens for that, i used to partially blame them for acne and had stopped taking them. if i had only known.

sweating, dirty, and touching my face does not cause acne. prior to this i could touch part of my skin and wake up with a pimple there. i became superstitious about things that werent the problem. once i fixed my skin i realized all those things can cause acne when you have it, but you have to treat the cause of acne, not your skin.

and for the love of god never use chemicals again especially benzoyl peroxide. dans product has caused many people damage to their skin. it took me over 3 months to "heal" after his products burned my skin lobster red. it was soo embarassing to go to college and look like you have the skin of a teenager. it also had viens surface all over my face that took weeks to go away.

now i walk around with more confidence then ever. i get girls looking at me and i actually have the courage to talk to them versus ignoring them in hopes they dont notice my horrible skin.

i think the most powerful unstoppable person is somebody who has for a very long time suffered with acne and no longer has it. you will not find a more humbly prideful person.

MemberMember
(@jackthelad)

Posted : 04/02/2011 3:04 pm

thanks for that reply!

i'm in the UK so going to look for fibre with probiotics added, looks like a cant escape husk physillium though :S

wondering if anyone has used this before?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/pro...amp;prodid=2261

MemberMember
(@n-clare)

Posted : 04/03/2011 11:09 am

thanks for that reply!

i'm in the UK so going to look for fibre with probiotics added, looks like a cant escape husk physillium though :S

wondering if anyone has used this before?

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/pro...amp;prodid=2261

Im also in the UK, I found this website that does the same stuff... think i will prob order it next week as this is deff worth a try

http://astronutrition.com/now-fiber-3-16-o...source=googleps

MemberMember
(@bigphil205)

Posted : 04/03/2011 4:05 pm

they do make a product that is a multi ingredient fiber with probiotics added. ive heard good things but i want to take a higher dose of probiotics which means for me i need to take the probiotics seperately at least 1 other time per day. im also starting probiotics 3 times a day as i heard from somebody that its not a bad idea to up the dose for a couple months then once everything is clean and worked out of your system go back to 1 per day.

just because i believe in supplements im going to buy some digestive enzymes tomorrow and start them.

i would like to add that you need to make sure you just take them. dont miss days and dont miss mornings or nights. set timers or just make it happen at all costs. i bring my supplements along with me. i even make food and bring it with me so i dont have to eat fast food when i spend alot of time on the road.

i work a job during the summers with harvesting just like custom combine crews so we are living in hotel rooms, traveling day to day sometimes in 3 different places the same day. i still DO NOT MISS 1 DAY OR NIGHT! so i dont want to hear i cant.

something else is to research omega 3-6-9 fat intake ratios. i bet most of you dont even register omega 3 in your intake and it should be on the highest part of the ratio. nothing to do with fixing acne, but after a few months of elevated omega 3 intake and lowered omega 6-9 intake your skin will be much softer.

MemberMember
(@bigphil205)

Posted : 04/03/2011 4:11 pm

id also like to forwarn you guys/gals that fiber does not taste great. i take alot of protein and amino acid drinks that have citric sweeteners, taste aweful but i dont mind them. i love chocolate protein shakes, i actually crave them. some people gag at the idea and cant hardly drink them. anything worth doing isnt easy to do. ive noticed by using room temp water versus warm water the taste is easier to deal with. the now fiber 3 is much easier to drink because it doesnt get clumpy like some. also mix it, and take it. drink the damn thing right away. then refill your glass and drink another to 1 get enough water for the fiber and 2 get rid of any taste.

im not trying to scare anyone like its the most horribly aweful thing, it isnt, but those made it easier to stomach at 6am for me so i thought i would share. the biggest is room temp water. cold water first thing in the morning will give you cramps and the fiber doesnt mix as well. it tastes like they put the ingredients to 12 grain bread in your water. so thats kind of the aftertaste to expect. i could care less, but there are many weak stomached people.

MemberMember
(@donnie_darko)

Posted : 04/03/2011 7:25 pm

Wow this sounds very promising, I might give it a go.

Anyone who has started this keep us updated on progress!

MemberMember
(@snaps98)

Posted : 04/03/2011 9:56 pm

Do they make a fiber in pill form that your can recommend?

MemberMember
(@chensg)

Posted : 04/04/2011 10:42 pm

i had recently suspected exercises help to prevent acne too. this worse period of acne break out i have only came when i stopped working out for a month, previously i wouldnt say it was good but it wasnt RIDICULOUS. my derm said there isnt any correlation, but im not buying it. didnt they said fried food dont cause acne? bullocks! i am starting to work out again, hopefully all these muthafarkers can go away soon, they are really affecting my lifestyle. damn suckers...i would pay $100 for 1 zit to be zap off for good god willing.

MemberMember
(@prekktonn)

Posted : 04/05/2011 3:09 am

I suffered a huge breakout the other week while I was sick as hell. I don't know if my weakened immune system let acne go nuts or what, but it happened. Anyway, I've since cut out all sugar, and started on your regimen focusing on digestive health. So far my skin is improving a lot. Don't know if it's just me getting better or what, but something is working. I really hope once I have a better digestive balance going on I can moderately eat some of those things I have given up in hopes of getting clear.

I love to workout as much as you. You said you switched to egg only protein powder. Which one? I CRAVE protein shake daily. Love those things. I've been taking Myofusion, but I feel like there's just too much whey in that for me to handle.

Anyway, great post, and I like the route your taking.

MemberMember
(@raiderdood)

Posted : 04/06/2011 6:02 am

Letting you guys know that I will be starting this regimen tomorrow. I had already suspected my internals being unhealthy because of past antibiotics and not enough BM per day as someone who eats a crap ton of protein and carbs. As an adult who's been suffering for over 12 years, I can no longer blame it on genetics or hormones. I've always taken an external approach with topicals and cleansers but after thousands of dollars wasted, this regimen seems only logical.

I am 99% clear with a BP regimen but I'm getting tired of putting this crap on my face. I will incorporate a probiotic/fiber regimen while continuing BP and week by week I will slowly let off the BP usage to gauge progress. I will try to update everyone as much as I can. :)

MemberMember
(@agileox)

Posted : 04/06/2011 11:09 am

I have to thank BigPhil for posting this, it does seem to be working.

After just 2 days, I already stopped breaking out and I feel a lot better physically. Previously, I had been able to tear up the gym for 80-90 minutes after work and still have plenty of energy to cook a full dinner, do chores etc. all the way up until bed time. As of late, I had been feeling like crap, feeling drained and breaking out constantly. I also had several BM's per day.

Anyway, I will post again after 2 weeks and let you guys know, but if you are symptomatic like described above, give this a try.

Here's what I've been using:

AM:

Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate 10 Probiotic

Supra Fruit Fiber, Super Fruit Fiber Formula

Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3 Gel Caps, 1000mg

Wash face gently, just use St. Ive's Green Tea scrub

PM

with dinner

Vitamin Shoppe Omega 3

Zinc (30mg)

Multi

about 90-120 minutes post dinner:

Probiotic again

Throughout the day, I take in around 96-128 oz of water (3/4-1 gallon). It's not hard, just remove all juices, sodas etc. from your diet and replace with water. Juice is ok in small quantities. Othe than that, the Supra fiber is only 20% of what you should take in, my cereal (Kashi Go Lean) is another 30%, vegetables and vegetable juices account for the difference. I might start taking the PM Probiotic with another serving of fiber.

Anyway, no BP, no putting junk on your face, and I intend to remove the St. Ive's Salicyclic's from my routine altogether.

Let me re-emphasize, it's only been 2 days and I already stopped breaking out as I had the type where I cleared a few every day but also broke out again every day. I will repost at the end of next week. Peace.

edit: oh yea, I started w/ probiotic twice a day right away and I'm only 145#.