Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SubMerged

My modified regimen

Hey all, thought I would ask for your thoughts and advice on the regimen I am doing.

In the morning I am using Zia Ultimate Deep Pore Cleanser with Jojoba micro-beads. I splash warm water on my face in the sink for a bit to open up the pores and then massage the cleanser in for a minute or two then rinse thoroughly. Sound ok so far? I am worried the micro-beads which give it a little sandy texture might irritate my open pores but so far, doesn't seem so. Thoughts? I then splash cold water on my face to CLOSE the pores (this works, right?) and wait a bit just in case. I then apply Zia fresh enzyme papaya peel mask which is all around good for the skin and leave that on for 40 minutes, then wash it off.

In the night I use the cleanser again (same process) then use Oxy bp 10% (yeah yeah) face wash after the pores are (hopefully) closed. Because it's 10% I don't use a ridiculous amount of it so I hope it evens out. It's a wash however, and involves massaging it into your face with cold water and then leaving it on for 10 minutes, then rinsing it off. Then I follow up with tea tree oil and that's it for the night. I am also taking a lot of vitamins and lots of water to help. And of course, I moisturize before sleeping (Aloe Vera gel).

Does this regimen sound flawed in any way to anybody? What I am worried about is irritation. So far it's working great but I did get a breakout this week (I think it's normal after a week or two as Dan said) but am keeping a close watch on everything.

In the night I use the cleanser again (same process) then use Oxy bp 10% (yeah yeah) face wash after the pores are (hopefully) closed.

You put a mask on for 40 minutes? And do that every morning?! bb_icon_eek.gif I could never do that for two reasons: 1.) my face would become incredibly dry and 2.) that is sooo time consuming!

It's not the kind of mask that dries out the skin, rather it's the opposite really. Actually it's quite easy to put on and wash off so it's no big hassle.

No problems with the aloe vera yet JJ and can you elaborate on the tea tree oil?

Some people don't experience good results with Tea Tree oil. I don't really think it did anything significant for me either... Except sting my skin like hell.

I used to use Tea Tree Oil because it's supposed to be an anti-bacterial agent. All it did was make my skin break out more. Maybe because it's oil? duh!

Same with Vitamin E cream. It's *amazing* for healing skin, cuts and the like, so I tried using it to help heal the scars on my face... and ended up with more pimples.

That would be because the Vitamin E is oil to! ack!

Both of these products work, but I don't use them on my face regularly any more. Sometimes I'll use Vit E on a spot when it's not infected to hurry the healing process along but BP is the only thing that works for me.