Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwerasdf

other ppl's problem or our own problem?

I'm a guy, i dunno what it's like for girls, but I think that a lot of the reason why I think guys with acne feel hopeless with girls is because we've lost so much confidence due to acne. ppl like confident guys, and not necessarily just good looking ones, esp,. if its a relationship. personally, I think that my acne has made me much more attentive on looks as opposed to attitude/personality. a lot of ppl with acne (like me) think that girls reject us because of our face, but is that really the case?

what do you think?

yea it def is... 1st thing person is attracted to are looks.... then the personality etc.... if the girls dont like ur looks UR DONE.. but im sure u can still be there friends or wat not, just probably never more than friends. the only reaosn i say this is i've known a girl myself for almost 5 months and she considers my good friends of her. im always round her at parties and stuff and watch her get on every guy besides me. she never even makes any physicla contact with me or even gives me hugs. but whenever she has a problems or wants2 talk she always goes2 me. Im sure if i didnt have acne there would be a little bit more contact and maybe a relationship between us but im not even gonna go there or think about the two of us getting 2gether.

there was a guy in my highschool who had terrible acne, but he was dating the hottest girl. It's about attitude, not acne.

there was a guy in my highschool who had terrible acne, but he was dating the hottest girl. It's about attitude, not acne.

ok, correction, it's not just attitude, but the total package. A guy's gotta be tall, hot, muscular, and have a good personality; and if he also has acne, it doesn't matter too much then. But I'm neither of those, so for me acne does make a difference.

I think its got a helavalot to do with confindence, personally when i go out on the pull with my friends, i find my "confindence" at the bottom of a bottle and i still get like A/B grade chicks despite my acne, although i'm over the worst of it now anyway but i still have loads of red marks.

The downside is that most of the time im NOT confident and relationships dont last very long once girls see my true personality (thats my theory anyway).

The bottom line is that if you look like your having fun and apear to be an exciting interesting intividual then your acne will be less of an issue than if you were sat in the corner with your head up your arse.

It's the same for us girls....

If you've read my other posts,I don't care how bad your acne is...I don't turn someone down because of the acne.Now some people will do that.I won't,and I've seen girls dating guys with acne,and vice versa.I guess it pretty much is that the girl is interested in YOU,the whole you.And it depends on the girl's tastes about personality,and looks.I have my own standards,but stuff like acne doesn't matter much to me.

man , its the same for me , im not even ugly looking if i dont have terrible skin (acnes) but i dont have the guts to hit on girls cuz i cant imagine myself kissing a girl with my ugly face and the feelings when she wants to kiss me but because of my skin , she would hesitate . I have a friend and shes a girl , she would talk to me and all that stuff , but i dont have the balls to ask her out , i WILL for sure if i never had acne , ppl might think im stupid to think like that , but i really have lost my self confidence ...

Being a girl and being completely realistic, I'll admit that looks are the first thing I notice when I see a guy. But that means his total look, which includes his face structure, build, clothes, confidence, and etc. An attractive charismatic guy will come off as an attractive charismatic guy regardless whether or not he has good skin.

That said, looks will only interest the girl for the first few minutes, hours, or days. It's a good personality that'll keep her there for the long haul.

So no, it's not the case. Being shy and impersonable will hurt you more than acne.