Notifications
Clear all

Bee Venom Therapy

MemberMember
(@mr-president)

Posted : 03/29/2011 1:01 am

I've been out checking out a number of forums and emailing practitioners who offer bee venom therapy or who have done it on themselves (sometimes deliberately, sometimes by accident) and the results seem pretty positive.

Time and time again people are claiming the bee venom completely removed their scarring. Its nice to find an endless stream of positive stories instead of the negative ones i seem to find whenever i research a treatment more fully.

I've attached the shortened versions of the stories ive found on a number of different sites e.g knitting forums, apitherapy forumsd and the like.

Unfortunately I havent been able to get my hands on real bees, so have purchased a bee venom liquid and have started injecting it into several or my arm scars. I'm pretty curious to see if it works, well hoping to see it works, but at the same time - keeping an open mind :)

If the bee venom liquid doesnt work, im thinking it might be the quality and i might move onto real bees, if i can ever find them. So far so good tho, the redness from the injections had died down and the scars are now slightly raised, similar to how they looked after needling.

I've also ordered some bee venom cream, which is coming in the mail.

Anyhoo the positives stories i read were. Each paragraph is a story from a different person.

I only stung my scar twice and the scar is mostly invisible now. It was very big; ugly when I started, the bee venom broke up the scar tissue and allowed the skin to lose the red, puffy look to the scar. I'm pretty sure if I stung it again it would fully go away. The bee venom absolutely did reduce the scar, you would just need to do it often. .

In a matter of minutes, the scar tissue broke down quite visibly. It had been hard white stuff. It softened after the injections. She has had much less back problems since that session.

A scar from recent surgery diminished, and the itching stopped.

Now I cant find the scar, and I dont need plastic surgery.

I had a large scar from childhood, across my wrist. Last year, I was trimming shrubs when I ran into a bee's nest. They swarmed on me and got me good. After a few days, when the swelling went down, the scar had almost disappeared. From being 4" long and probably 3/8" wide, it is barely 1/4 long, and barely wider than a pen line.

MemberMember
(@rimram)

Posted : 03/29/2011 4:54 am

I think it's great that you're looking at every possible solution president, makes it more likely that you'll find something that works.

What does your test scars look like? I have a feeling that this might actually work on hypertrophic or flat scarring. In both those cases, you have redundant or abnormal collagen formation that needs to be broken down so that collagen remodelling can take place. The bee venom, possibly, seems to be able to do just that.

I'd be more hesitant about atrophic scars, though, since those are rather a lack of tissue than actual scar tissue. Then, it might be that you're breaking down healthy tissue, without causing enough of a 'stimulus' for the skin to regenerate completely. But that's just me guessing though..

Keep us updated :)

MemberMember
(@mr-president)

Posted : 03/29/2011 5:28 am

the scars are hypertrophic ones that havent responded to anything ive done to them so far :) no clue tbh...other than all the postive stories ive been reading, ive only ever chatted to seabs about it on here. all he said was that as the excess tissue is eaten away, the skin will become more basket weave like - so it should create normal skin in its place. this seems to be the case, but its nice to see if it actually works on me, rather than just listen to all the stories.

with atrophic scars, im really not sure. atrophic scars still have scar tissue holding them down. if it eats away the scar tissue, it should return to normal - at least in my view. id ask seabs if i was you :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/29/2011 5:48 am

mr.president, did you completely resolve your other scars? the ones you had previous to getting your hypertrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@jessica09)

Posted : 04/09/2011 2:53 pm

Very interesting. Do you think it would work for atrophic scars?

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/23/2012 3:16 pm

Just wondering Mr. President if this worked for you?

MemberMember
(@scars2go)

Posted : 12/23/2012 3:53 pm

I hope it works, I really do. That last story about walking into a bees nest sounds a bit silly.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:16 am

The things we do for our skin...:(. If you are worried abot scars and want a bee centered therapy, apply manuka honey gel (get it online) on your face as your moisturizer. Massage your face daily and make sure you're taking a good vitamin complex for skin (e, omega 3, zinc, vit c, etc)

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/24/2012 11:37 pm

The things we do for our skin...sad.png. If you are worried abot scars and want a bee centered therapy, apply manuka honey gel (get it online) on your face as your moisturizer. Massage your face daily and make sure you're taking a good vitamin complex for skin (e, omega 3, zinc, vit c, etc)

I'm already doing these things but if this worked it sounds like it would be much faster........