Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwerasdf

neutrogena skin clearing oil free makeup

I've used the Neutrogena skin clearing oil free makeup a few times, but it always seems like I break out after using it! the weird thing is, this stuff says that it 1) DOESNT clog pores and 2) actually should LESSEN the amount of acne, because it contains 2% sylactic acid.

so, whats going on? anyone else with similar problems, if not with this product other makeup stuff clogging pores?

i was breaking out with ever fresh maybelline liquid foundation and tried to use neutrogena skin clearing foundation hoping it would clear me up.

Just made my skin so much worse....SO much worse.

I wouldn't reccomend it. Like you said, contains SA. Made my skin worse (I used it back in high school about 3 yrs ago) I s'pose you should restrict the amount of acne medication as much as you can, as it may conflict w/ other stuff you may be using.

Try L'Oreal True Match instead. I like it a lot.

just remember that the cosmetics industry isn't FDA regulated, so they can basically make any claim they want.... terms like 'oil-free' and 'non-comedogenic' and 'skin-clearing' are likely just advertising gimmicks. there could be other things in the foundation that are like oils, but just don't have 'oil' in their name. if you want some truthful info about cosmetics, i really recommend reading 'Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me' by Paula Begoun. I read it and now I never buy anything without looking at her reviews. Check it out! But a foundation I like is Clinique Superfit makeup. it's oil-free, gives medium coverage, and stays fairly matte throughout the day. it doesn't aggravate my acne at all. i've never really had luck with any makeup that contained acne medication, because it either irritated my skin or made it flake off.

That stuff is the devil! It made my skin peel right off my face, I looked like a glazed donut.

So gross.

DONT USE IT.

Than again it may work for you....

Good Luck

ive just bought it too and so far im not impressed. coverage is crap and just makes my skin look worse and go worse.