Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hesitation

Getting rid of dead skin. Would AHA work?

Would AHA work for getting rid of dead skin on my face? I tried scraping some off with fingernails in the shower but something tells me that ain't a good way to do it.

Would AHA make the dead skin disappear or I do I still need to scrap it off later? The skin is totally loose and is just sitting there. Very unsightly...

Using an exfoliant such as AHA regularly will help. With continued use it should prevent your skin from flaking up like that in the first place.

You are correct in saying that using your fingernail is not good for your skin.

I personally would use manual exfoliation,like a facial brush, to get the dead skin off initially and then maybe once a week to maintain. AHA and BHA in between manual exfoliation.

Lactic acid is pretty gentle. Glycolic acid is something you'll probably find more easily in stores.

You can even make a super cheap,mildly exfoliating "toner" put mixing apple cider vinegar and water together in a 50/50 ratio.

Sometimes AHA takes a few days before you start to notice the exfoliating effects,so don't get discouraged prematurely.