Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chloe646

am i dreaming?

Okay, 6% TCA is a pretty mild peel...i've never done even a remotely aggressive peel on my shallow scars so i'm hoping a series of peels will significantly decrease my scarring.

well it's been a week after my second 6% TCA and of course i peeled but i notice that my scars do look a bit smaller and the skintone more even where i peeled. it's a subtle improvent tho. also 6% did not make me swell, maybe a tiny bit but my scars actually look better when my skin isn't swelled. i;m surprised there's any improvemnt at all since the 6% barely made me pink and only hada mild sting, i'm kind of excited about what a spot treatment of 12.5% could do

I know i asked this before but did tca improve anyone's scars significantly? i'm not talking very severe scarring but scars that are shallow and just slightly bigger than a pore or little shallow craters or when skin just looks uneven...thanx!

Hi Chole

I also just finshed my 2nd TCA complex peel which is supposely around 6%. Like yourself, I have lots of small little indents, which some look like large pores.

Anyways, I did notice my skin texture improve a little in that my makeup looks smoother on after the peel. However, i am not sure if my scars improved...but i suppose it must have a little since my overall complexion look a little better overall.

I want to do more peels but I can't afford the 4 to 5 day downtime.

Well...good luck with your treatments

Hey white,

actually the tca seemed milder than the glycolic strangely enuf, although i know it was more potent because my scars peeled and my skin texture is better. but the glycolic 30% just irritated my face a lot and made it greasy which it almost never is and i barely peeled on that! hmmm, now i may not do 12.5% after all and stick with 6% but I don't press down into my skin, i apply it pretty lightly, i definitely don't have much downtime to spare and i assume full healing happens ten-14 days after 12.5%>

i gotta find these photos on this one site and link them in which a womean with obvious scars ahd a lot of noticeable improvement with microdermabrasion which i'm also considering.

Good luck too eva!

Chloe,

Have you considered TCA CROSS for some of the small scars? People on this board seem to have lots of success. I am considering that, as I have similar mild scarring, but first I am trying the CP products from Skin Biology. Have you tried those as well?

i'm kind of excited about what a spot treatment of 12.5% could do

It might just burn a pretty hole in your face. I read about someone spot treating with glycolic acid and he burned a hole in his face. So be careful.

Ive never used TCA (altho i was sent a free sample) but i was too scared to use it. Potent stuff.

hi curious,

yeah i am considering cross but i'm concerned my scars, well actually i'd be happy, if they were too shallow for that I guess...but I do think i'm going to book an appt. with a doc in NYC (Dr. jarrod paul frank or paul jarrod frank whatever!) who does CROSS to see what he says..I have a couple areas with small clusters of shallow scars taht i would love to have go away already!!! i think two small saucer shaped suckers might be good to treat with the CROSS since i have a good amount of normal skin surrounding them.

I saw a photo on a site of a woman with severe acne scarring who had TCA peels and her scars looked 50% improved after, she still had obvious scars but they were very very severe before. i figure wow, then peels should freakin' help reduce the scars i have....you know...I will do a 12.5% next week and treat areas of my face with it...the 6% only gave me a few days of actual downtime and i'm in between jobs now so it's the ideal time to do it. plus i have lusters of tiny little scars and it seems only a uniform peel can improve those.

oh well i'm praying bb_eusa_pray.gifbb_eusa_pray.gifbb_eusa_pray.gif

Well keep us updated. I'm interested to see how the peels go. How much normal skin has to surround a small scar for cross? I've seen people on this board do it on small clusters of small ones, as far as I can gather.