Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if anyone here was/is taking tetracyline? and if so, how long did you take it or have been taking it? and did you get an initial breakout? and has it worked for you?

It worked for a little while , then I became resistant. My acne stayed the same for a few weeks then cleared up totally for a month.

Been on it 8 months, and yes, it's helped me a lot. I've found it needed to combine it with the right cleanser and a few dietary changes, but yeah, I'm pretty happy at the moment.

I've had a few 'relapse' breakouts, I can't remember if there was an initial one, but things are looking pretty good atm.

I've been on it for 4 months and I'm pretty much clear, with a topical as well though. I don't think there was an initial breakout, but you have to be patient because I didn't clear up for a good 2 months into the course.

cynic - have you been warned about becoming resistant to it? I just wondered when this is supposed to happen...

Yes I have been on it, and I had no initial breakout, and it stopped working for me...hope it helps you more then it did me. I think it worked for a total of 4 straight months...then no more after that, even when the dose was up'd. Good luck!

I think it worked for a total of 4 straight months...then no more after that, even when the dose was up'd. Good luck!

cynic - have you been warned about becoming resistant to it? I just wondered when this is supposed to happen...

Yes, many times. smile.gif

I was really worried about this - especially when I suffered from a few nasty breakouts a few months ago - thought I'd got resistant to it quickly, but that wasn't the case.

On Thursday I will have been on it for a month and it hasn't really helped me much so far, it seemed like it was working right when I first got it but now it has seemed to stop or maybe it hasn't gone into total effect. I'm giving it a good 2 more weeks to show some more improvement and if it hasn't then I'm goig back to the doctor.

I was on it for about a year, nothing happened, as with minocycline so now im the last antibiotic group and im sceptical that will work either. So tetracyclines werent any good for my acne