Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desperated

Zinc Dosing (Elemental vs Gluconate vs Citrate vs etc)

Right now I am taking 50mg Zinc Gluconate a day in an attempt to clear up my acne. Im very confused about dosing. Should I be taking 50mg of ELEMENTAL zinc which is the equivalent of somewhere more than 200mg of gluconate? Or is 50mg of Zinc Gluconate good?

im trying to find out the same thing! just bought some zinc today. 30 mgs, and they're zinc gluconate...not sure if thats the right kind?

I found this out the hard way as it made me puke when I took 40-50. Also if you take too much Zinc you can become low in copper. both zinc and copper need each other in order to be properly absorbed

Taken from http://www.healthyawareness.com/articles/a...and-copper.aspx

The ratio of zinc to copper should be 7:1, up to 14:1,†Zinc can lower manganese, so Dr. Pfeiffer regularly includes manganese with any zinc supplementation. (But again, take the correct proportion of manganese. You don’t need a lot of manganese. The RDA is 2.5 to 5 mg per day.) It is important to take your zinc supplement separate from other mineral supplements to avoid competition for absorption.
Edited by freakNpink