Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been on Tazorac for about 4 weeks now with some decent improvement. So far, I am happy with it.

However, I still have very oily skin, especially in the heat of this summer. My question goes out to those who have used Taz for a while...Will it eventually reduce oil production. My derm says that it will shrink the oil glands and the longer I use it, the more oil reduction I will see. Has anyone experienced this?

Like I said, I'm happy with the improvement of my breakouts, but I have mild, consistent acne and I think it is solely caused by extremely oily skin.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have actually been wondering about this too.. My derm put me on taz because i was complaining of how oily my skin was, and she put me on clindamycin as well. I havent even been using the clindamycin really because the taz has been working pretty well (at least for clearing up my acne.). But as of yet my skin is still pretty oily, although i think it may actually be less oily than before the taz. I have been on it since July 8th, she prescribed the .05% gel, and i gotta say i am fairly happy, no excessive redness, and drying has been minimal, which surprised me because my skin is actually pretty sensitive.

Yeah, I am happy with it, too. If I do get a pimple, it becomes a whitehead and then goes away fairly quickly. But, the oiliness is still there. If it is any better, it is very minimal.

Any suggestions as to how to reduce the oil...I mean, I have had people make comments like..."are you okay...you look like you are sweating up a storm. Are you hot?" I feel like I have tried everything (all topicals, internal supplements, everything!!!)

Suggestions would be great! Thanks!

When I used Taz, it made my skin SO oily. I was on it for about a year too, and while it sorta helped w/acne, my skin remained constantly oily. It used to feel so gross. It's probably different for everyone but my skin is sensitive and I think that the alcohol in Taz was too drying and my skin oils were trying to overcompensate.

i have very oily skin myself, and ive tried pently of topicals, and yet, at the end of the day, i was still an oily mess.

the ONLY think that has worked for me is accutane, im just over one month, and my skin, even in the summer, at most only gets slightly oily. which is a HUGE improvement . i suggest you try accutane, because for me, a shiny, oily face is almost just as bad as a face full of zits. give it a try, its amazing.

I know exactly what you mean.. The oil is worse than the zits in my opinion. Im definitely gonna try to get on accutane, i wish i would have just done it sooner, but now i am finally ready smile.gif

i so want to go on accutane too, and that's just because of my face being extremely oily.i don't have severe acne, and the reason why i'm still getting some is the excessive oil.

i just wonder how am i going to get it,a derm is reluctant to prescribe it just because you're oily. how did you guys managed to get accutane, did you ask for it yourself. this oil is freaking me out, it's worse than zits definitely...