Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It can be anything. Cleanser, moisturizer, topical spot treatment, makeup, seriously anything.

If you can't think of ONE favorite then you can put a couple.

My HG is Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub. It's AH-mazing.

Well I love my regimen as a whole,but there's two products I'd die without right now lol.

1.Mychelle's fruit enzyme mist. It's moisturizing,mildly exfoliating,and it soothes redness pretty fast

1.Mychelle's clear skin serum. Heals,exfoliates,soothes,and also help with the bacterial aspect.

Both are so gentle and they've been doing wonders for my skin. =)

1. Finacea

2. MD Formulation Antioxidant Hydrating Gel

The two that have worked best for me and I will repurchase:

Dermalogica Overnight Clearing Gel

Mario Badescu Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 30

Edited by marumi

Omega already listed the Mychelle products, so I'll list something else :3

1. Murad clarifying mask. I add a bit of water into mine in a seperate container, it makes it more effective in reducing my pore size, removing blackheads, preventing acne, treating acne, treating PIH, and reducing oil. Really compliments my regimen of Mychelle & Carley's products.I use Apsara's Sulfur mask now, it's a sulfur clay mask without the parabens, fragrances, and other stuff like that. I love natural skin care!

2. Can't believe I forgot this, but Olay Pro X Cleaning System! It really cleans my skin out well so I don't have any worries about getting breakouts from not thoroughly cleaning, and it makes all my products work better, improving my skin in all aspects.

Edited by tim12

I've never tried Mychelle products (or even heard of them!)

Where do you get them? Are they expensive?

They're definitely a little pricey, but it's totally worth it for how long they last (the serum lasts around 6 months), and are well formulated. I buy mine from vitacost since it's cheaper there. They also have that Queen Helene mask, it looks really great ingredient wise and is such a big sized product! good enough excuse to buy it next time I order there :lol:

The serum is about 25,

The enzyme spray is 22,

and they have a clear skin anthology regimen kit for 33 (seperately retail it'd be 60 ish)

pHisoderm Cream Cleanser for Sensitive Skin: It's cheap, pH balanced, fragrance free, alcohol free, dye free, soap free, hypoallergenic, and made for sensitive skin. With out it, I would be at a loss! :D

They're definitely a little pricey, but it's totally worth it for how long they last (the serum lasts around 6 months), and are well formulated. I buy mine from vitacost since it's cheaper there. They also have that Queen Helene mask, it looks really great ingredient wise and is such a big sized product! good enough excuse to buy it next time I order there :lol:

The serum is about 25,

The enzyme spray is 22,

and they have a clear skin anthology regimen kit for 33 (seperately retail it'd be 60 ish)

Hmmm. Maybe once I actually have a job again I'll try some Mychelle stuff. :)

Peter Thomas Roth Acne Clearing Gel.

This is without a doubt the best acne treatment product I have ever tried. No contest. :)

Olay Pro X Brush!!!!!!!!! :wub: Absolutely amazing! My skin is clear since I began using this thing.

Hey Slayer,

How do you like the Queen Helene Mask? I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to Murad's Clay mask, and that's basically the better deal (3 times bigger, 6 times cheaper!). Does it have the same benefits I listed above?

Yes, yes, yes! It shrinks pores, reduces oil, shrinks pimples, prevents acne. It's super refreshing, too. I'm not sure how well it works on PIH, because I think my glycolic acid is what helps with my PIH spots.

Big ditto for the mint julep mask. It's also great at covering a zit that you're dying to pick, but shouldn't ;)

Other HG items:

Finacea

Triacneal

Clarisonic Mia

Aha lotion or soufflé

At-home chemical peels (bha and lactic)

Still on the look-out for HG moisturizer and sunscreen

Edited by xgirl

Oh and VitC serum

What kind of VitC serum and what exactly does it do? I think I read about it in derma rolling threads.

oo, awesome! I'll have to buy some, it seems like a real hidden gem! It has fewer ingredients than the Murad mask too, which I like. From what I read sulfur removes dead skin cells and encourages skin cell turnover, which would help with PIH and such. When I used the Murad mask daily in highschool, I never had PIH, which was why I was so shocked when I started to get PIH, but I didn't know about the benefits of sulfur at the time. I've been using it for about a week now, and my skin has made decent improvements! New pimples don't turn into pih marks either, or not nearly as bad. Can't wait to try the Queen Helene Mask :D seems like it'd last for a year too!

Depends on how often you use it. It's so inexpensive that I don't really care if it only lasts a month or two. :P

It's definitely one of my favorites, if not my #1 favorite.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (used very rarely)

Manuka Oil for spot treatment

Aside from my mysterious skin infections, with no known cause....I am clear thanks to these.

Edited by BeadyB

Ooh an HG thread. :)

I have to list a few here:

- alpha hydrox enhanced lotion with 10% glycolic acid

- alpha hydrox souffle with 12% glycolic acid.

(both those alpha hydrox are wonderful for evening out skin tone and smoothing out old PIH)

- palmers cocoa butter swivel stick (adds a nice sheen to your lips. not waxy like aquaphor or vaseline. cheap. used it during my accutane course)

- cerave foaming facial cleanser (so gentle. removes every bit of makeup. perfect for removing eye makeup, too. and it contains hyaluronic acid which helps moisturize your skin :))

- cerave foaming facial cleanser (so gentle. removes every bit of makeup. perfect for removing eye makeup, too. and it contains hyaluronic acid which helps moisturize your skin :))

Hmmm. I think I should try that. I really need something that'll get all my clown makeup off at the end of the day. :)

I definitely have to agree with others when it comes to Queen Helene. I don't know what I'd do without the stuff. I can't believe how cheap it is when similar products are so pricey. Aside from the benefits that have already mentioned, I like how refreshing it feels. It's the perfect de-stresser after a long day and always puts me in a calm mind set before i go to bed. LOVE IT!! :wub:

I'm also a big fan of glycerin diluted in water as a sort of moisturizing toner. Some people say glycerin breaks them out but I don't think it's caused any breaks outs for me. It keeps the flakeys at bay.

To the people using the Olay Pro-X brush: How often do you use it? Is the exfoliation irritating? I've been hearing really good things about it but I'm hesitant to try it because i'm afraid it'll make my face raw. Do you think a manual soft-bristled facial brush will give similar results?

I definitely have to agree with others when it comes to Queen Helene. I don't know what I'd do without the stuff. I can't believe how cheap it is when similar products are so pricey. Aside from the benefits that have already mentioned, I like how refreshing it feels. It's the perfect de-stresser after a long day and always puts me in a calm mind set before i go to bed. LOVE IT!! :wub:

I'm also a big fan of glycerin diluted in water as a sort of moisturizing toner. Some people say glycerin breaks them out but I don't think it's caused any breaks outs for me. It keeps the flakeys at bay.

To the people using the Olay Pro-X brush: How often do you use it? Is the exfoliation irritating? I've been hearing really good things about it but I'm hesitant to try it because i'm afraid it'll make my face raw. Do you think a manual soft-bristled facial brush will give similar results?

Hi. I use the Pro X brush twice a day, once in the morning (briefly, maybe 20 seconds) and once at night to really do a good job of getting my makeup off. I was nervous to use it at first because everything is really irritating to my skin, including wash cloths. This thing is amazing. It's not bothersome to my skin at all. I'm amazed at how much my skin has cleared since using it. I think it's because I needed something to really get down deep and clean my skin. Not to mention I'm pretty sure I have a cell turnover problem. In my opinion, a manual brush won't do the same thing just because the Olay brush spins pretty fast and is able to get the dirt, makeup and oil out of the pores. Honestly, the BEST $30 I've ever spent.

Oh, also there are two speeds (fast and slow) so you can pick the setting that will benefit your skin the most.

Edited by HelloLovve

Hmmm. I think I should try that. I really need something that'll get all my clown makeup off at the end of the day. :)

aw! haha "clown makeup". it seems like it is too light to really remove makeup, but it works very well to remove everything. with other cleansers, i would have to double wash when i wore heavy makeup. with the cerave foaming cleanser, a small pump is needed to wash your whole face. it is about $13 but it lasts for quite some time. another cleanser that i received a sample of was Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic and Salicylic Acid cleanser. It is an orange gel wash. I think it is really helping with hyperpigmentation, but I'm not sure if I plan on buying the full sized bottle. I saw the full size at Sephora and it looks like it would last a long time as well.