Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ish11

Acne scars :(

hey guy, ive had acne scars for about 1yrs is been a very frustrating time in my time i am constantly thinking about them.I've used Aloe vera ,Dan regime none of which have worked well.I don't know what i need to do to get better skin.My skin is Dry in the mornings and then get oily later on in the day particularly in the night.Moisturizers tend to break me out a bit and my acne look very noticeable from a distance (5metres)My nose is very oily and the scars seem to be healing around there thxs to Aloe Vera.

FML...

post-144361-1300973143_thumb.png

post-144361-1300973143_thumb.png

Edited by ish11

hey guy, ive had acne scars for about 1yrs is been a very frustrating time in my time i am constantly thinking about them.I've used Aloe vera ,Dan regime none of which have worked well.I don't know what i need to do to get better skin.My skin is Dry in the mornings and then get oily later on in the day particularly in the night.Moisturizers tend to break me out a bit and my acne look very noticeable from a distance (5metres)My nose is very oily and the scars seem to be healing around there thxs to Aloe Vera.

FML...

Most of are in the same boat. I had mini large pores or tiny scaring. More recently, I got a shallow scar. I am using differin. Asking for retin A from my dermatologist and asking about non ablative laser treatment. I am so envious of people with clear skin. If you look at me, much like BX, I got an athletic physique, 6pac, good looks, eat healthy but, stuck with scarring. It honestly could be worse. The shallow scar is crippling my self esteem so, I am considering laser treatment. I am the sort of guy who would mingle and chat up girls but, I am so self conscious. I think the worst tragedies in life are the ones you walk away from. Through this, I realize my fear in life isn't death but, living a half life or not a full life. This is where I am at.

That 2nd last line is well summarized.I don't know what treatments i should take.Anyone got any suggestions for lighting creams or something?.My skin is gettin worse by the day.

I say stick with the aloe vera and try using the real stuff if you're not using it already. I'm trying something new right now which are honey masks with lemon. It's only been a day so hopefully they work. I have crap scars right now, but unfortunately if we're left with deep scarring after trying natural solutions, then the only option I could see is a surgical solution of some kind. I've read good things about honey so I'm trying that so far. I'm also going to use it in my tea.

I would avoid using any acne based products. Stick with natural stuff. I blame using too many acne products for my horrible breakouts that caused the scars.

FML...

I took 2 courses of accutane 40mg each course (years ago), and my skin is still occassionally somewhat oily throughout the day, however instead of every hour its like every 6 or 8 hours and you can deal with it now its not as bad at all very tame even up to like 12 hours without washing.

So for me, accutane was the only thing that really stopped overproductive pores, no creams, prescriptions or anything helped me, im not gonna lie to you.

I tried about 10 different oral medications, and 10 topicals, from retin-a, differin gel, anything and everything.

My scarring looks like yours, it was far more severe 7 years ago.

I tried a chemical peel full face in 02' or so, i reacted so badly to it the doctor got scared. this mightve in retrospect created a lof of rollingscars i see now in certain lights :(

In 03' or so, i had a full blown dermabrasion which improved my scars so much (icepick/rolling) it was incredible.

Now, i have scars that are moderate kind of like yours in shape, im actually thinking (based on all the info ive seen) that a TCA peel in very surgical areas might help clear it up completely..

Anyway, thats all i can tell you.

For me, dermabrasion and accutane were the only things that generally worked.

TCA looks compelling however, on icepick scars or pock scars etc.. gonna try it. gl

yeah im thinking of TCA peel need to contact a derm asap.Aloe Vera is starting to dry my skin up.TCa cross similar to TCA peel?

Edited by ish11

Guest Timehealsall

FML...

Most of are in the same boat. I had mini large pores or tiny scaring. More recently, I got a shallow scar. I am using differin. Asking for retin A from my dermatologist and asking about non ablative laser treatment. I am so envious of people with clear skin. If you look at me, much like BX, I got an athletic physique, 6pac, good looks, eat healthy but, stuck with scarring. It honestly could be worse. The shallow scar is crippling my self esteem so, I am considering laser treatment. I am the sort of guy who would mingle and chat up girls but, I am so self conscious. I think the worst tragedies in life are the ones you walk away from. Through this, I realize my fear in life isn't death but, living a half life or not a full life. This is where I am at.

Dood, you sound so full of yourself in your posts. NO one knows who BX is (i do though), and what does how you look, your 6pac, your physique have anything to do with this thread? WTF

FML...

it was very unnecessary to compare yourself to BX. im glad that you found someone that you can relate to but this is getting a little weird....

i have some red marks which probably are different from scars. but i know how bad you feel about it, because everybody likes smooth skin. i think you should visit a good dermatologist and tell him/her if they can help you with some laser treatment which helps to recover the damaged skin. it maybe a little bit expensive but i think that it´s worth it. i hope you can find a good solution to your problem.

Hi I have had similar problems in the past dealing with acne scars particularly on my chin. I searched and searched for ways to make it go away and even the prescription I got from my dermatologist didn't quite to the trick. Finally, I discovered 2 products that are absolutely AMAZING!! The skin care line is called Artistry. They are one of the top 5 prestige brands in the world along with Estee Lauder, Clinque, Chanel, and Lancome. They sponsor the Miss America pageant and Sandra Bullock is a spokeswoman for them. Anyways, the two products are the Microdermabrasion kit (http://tinyurl.com/3v68rqd) paired with the Creme Luxury (http://tinyurl.com/3ll93ts). Everything is 180 day back guarantee so if it doesn't work, just send it back! I figured I'd give it a go and if it didn't work, I'd get my money back. This a a great testimonial. My friend's aunt installs custom kitchens and one day the vent fell and sliced open her face. She had to be rushed to emergency surgery and she was left with keloid type scarring. She thought she'd be scarred for the rest of her life, but she used luxury creme once the scar healed and 6 months later it was basically disappeared. I posted the pictures on my photobucket and below (http://tinyurl.com/3b8mg3j).

Sorry that was long but I do believe strongly in those products! Acne scars sucks!

post-148712-1302537246_thumb.jpg

post-148712-1302537258_thumb.jpg

post-148712-1302537246_thumb.jpg

post-148712-1302537258_thumb.jpg