Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sacredsmoke

if i catch one more stranger staring at my face...

i'm gonna rampage this town with a baseball bat! not really...but i hate how everywhere i go somebody has to do a double take on my face. im just trying to do my everyday sh*t and ill catch some stranger staring at it on my cheeks with the same stupid look on his/her face. it's like yeah i have bad skin, can't do much about it, if i could it wouldn't be bad, so stop f*cking looking at me!!!!! it makes me want to go home and never come out ever again! sorry for my shallow mood, but im a good looking girl and this acne has kinda turned me into a butterface it doesn't even look like my head matches my body anymore! oh well, i see an esthetician in 2 days for the first time ever sooo hopefully her suggestions will help me out....

Edited by sacredsmoke
i'm gonna rampage this town with a baseball bat! not really...but i hate how everywhere i go somebody has to do a double take on my face. im just trying to do my everyday sh*t and ill catch some stranger staring at it on my cheeks with the same stupid look on his/her face. it's like yeah i have bad skin, can't do much about it, if i could it wouldn't be bad, so stop f*cking looking at me!!!!! it makes me want to go home and never come out ever again! sorry for my shallow mood, but im a good looking girl and this acne has kinda turned me into a butterface it doesn't even look like my head matches my body anymore! oh well, i see an esthetician in 2 days for the first time ever sooo hopefully her suggestions will help me out....

Hey doll i totally understand your frustration!!!! Im the same.....but i would never go out the house without foundation on..id rather someone said i have too much makeup on then 'jeez your spots look bad'..when i wear foundation my acne doesnt vanish.....you can still see it but its ALLOT less visable...but my acne is more about the scars...and its weird but I find people from my own ethic background are the ones to judge me on my skin.......Ive never had someone who is causian say ANYTHING about my skin or look at my face (but are just looking at my acne) but I find black people have something to say about my skin....and sometimes its can be something racist like ie.....'you must have the white gene in your family too have acne' beause black people dont get acne....acne can affect anyone of any race!.and yes....trying to be modest im a good looking girl too! and i feel like my acne has messed up my face....but the way I see it is....id rather be a good looking girl with acne then a normal/average looking girl and have clear skin! sounds crazy but its true....and thats how you should stay positive.....

What's an esthetician? I thought dermatologists are the people you go for skin problems? Or is just a fancy french way of saying it?

I looked it up... it's a person who, "Specializes in the beautification of the skin. Estheticians are not medical doctors; they perform cosmetic skin treatments such as facials, light chemical peels, body treatments, waxing.

Estheticians can offer skin care products and deep pore cleansing that may help clear mild cases of acne. Estheticians who work under a physician's supervision may treat more severe grades of acne."

So now we know. :)

sacredsmoke, I'd just like to say that I quite like your attitude - a baseball bat rampage sounds like fun! :lol:

I've never really addressed the issue of whether or not people are looking at me, I just avoid eye contact and spend my time looking to the floor. There's almost a child-like mentality about it, like, "If I can't see them then they can't see me". Although, taking that approach has probably just made my social skills far worse to be honest, so if I were you, I'd carry on as you are and hold your head up high. :)

Edited by PaulH85

Hey doll i totally understand your frustration!!!! Im the same.....but i would never go out the house without foundation on..id rather someone said i have too much makeup on then 'jeez your spots look bad'..when i wear foundation my acne doesnt vanish.....you can still see it but its ALLOT less visable...but my acne is more about the scars...and its weird but I find people from my own ethic background are the ones to judge me on my skin.......Ive never had someone who is causian say ANYTHING about my skin or look at my face (but are just looking at my acne) but I find black people have something to say about my skin....and sometimes its can be something racist like ie.....'you must have the white gene in your family too have acne' beause black people dont get acne....acne can affect anyone of any race!.and yes....trying to be modest im a good looking girl too! and i feel like my acne has messed up my face....but the way I see it is....id rather be a good looking girl with acne then a normal/average looking girl and have clear skin! sounds crazy but its true....and thats how you should stay positive.....

Well, the next time someone says that to you about black people not getting acne, you might show them this information. This study examined white and black women and showed that black women had a higher prevalence of acne in all age groups except the over 40 group.

Women_s_acne_symptoms.doc

sometimes people don´t really stare at your acne sometimes they just stare maybe because you are beautiful despite the acne. i know is hard to believe and now you might be saying that i´m a very stupid girl for saying this but like i said before is hard to believe it sometimes.

i have acne too, but mine is mild, i have a few marks on my cheeks, small pimples on my forehead. the only places where i don´t have pimples are in my chin and nose. and when i go out, i see alot of girls staring at me but i know when someone is staring at my acne or the way i dress, my makeup etc. i don´t really wear any makeup i just wear lipstick and that´s it. my lips are quiet big, so everytime i put a dark or red color on my lip it makes my lips look much bigger. and alot of girls stare at my hair, my lips, the way i dress and my body. i´m not being vain cause i´m not. but i have like a special thing that i can figure out when a girl stares at me because of the way i dress or my acne.

nobody ever said anything about my acne...but just think about this, people stare at everything, and you know that. if you go out and you wear a short skirt, with some sandals and you look pretty cute all the girls are going to be staring at you because of the way you look. some people stare at others because they find in ´´that person´´ that he or she has something they don´t have. it happens and i stare at some girls too when they are very pretty i´m not an envy person i wish the best for you, for my friends etc. alot of people stare at me, i have to deal with this problem every single day of my life when i get out of my house. and i can see in their eyes if they are really looking at my skin or other stuff. but for now it doesn´t really matter if they stare at your acne in fact they shouldn´t even be staring at you at all. i learned that staring at someone is a very disrespectful manner, it doesn´t matter if you are doing in a good way staring is not a good thing to do.

i had many, many fights with people in the streets, because of the way they stare at me. one time i went to the mall with my mom, i was wearing my best and cute clothes, new hairstyle, etc. and there was this girl who kept staring at me. it was quiet disturbing, she wasn´t looking at me in a bad way but she just couldn´t keep her eyes out of me and i hate that!. so i got near her, and told her ´´do you know me or something?´´ and she is like ´´oh no, i don´t know who you are´´ and i told her ´´then why are you staring at me? it´s completely disturbing and it´s a very disrespectful thing to do stop staring at me´´ i was quiet angry at her, and she could see that in my eyes, she got pretty scare so she stopped staring at me. i didn´t even want it to ask her why she was looking at me.

i don´t have any problem if a guy stares at me because is easy to see if that guy really likes you. but what i don´t like is when girls stare at me, girls are very competitive and some of them stare you with jealousy. some girls might stare you because they admired your beauty or because they like you (lesbians) or any other reason. but is just disturbing and you should not let anybody do that to you. if they do that again tell him or her politely to please stop staring at you. cause staring at someone is not nice. it doesn´t matter the reason why they are doing it, is just not nice.

don´t feel bad about what other people got to say about your acne live your life to the fullest, don´t let anybody put you down, don´t let acne control your life either and go out with your head up high show to the entire world that having acne doesn´t make you an uglier person. if you are a beautiful girl which i know you are, than it won´t matter what you have in your skin.

Edited by RideonTime!
Guest Bloody Corpse Deamonn duh
I bought a shirt that says "Yes I have acne." And at the bottom it says "Please f*ck off".

fo real? :eh:

lol where can u buy such shirt?

May one day this damn affecting-lifes-acne c ould become contagious.

You stare more than 3 seconds= you will get it.

So no one would ever dare to stare and be insensitive anymore.

Some people just need to learn it through the hard way.