Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AthleticHunta

WHAT THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT FIBER.

Holy cow. Two of the best articles I've read in a long time, thanks for posting those. That really makes A LOT of sense. I have psyllium husk sitting in my kitchen right now, before I was taking it every day, but for some reason, I felt it giving me more problems then before? Bowel movements were rougher, and I was wondering what was up.

My diet is so much fiber. All I eat are whole grains, oats, nuts/seeds, fruits and vegetables lol. It's a damn good thing I still eat my coconut oil and now organic whole milk again. Damn this makes a lot of sense. I guess it's all going back to balancing once again. Not too much of anything.

I'M SO HAPPY i COULD HELP YOU (: . I feel the same way, also with the psyllium husk. From my own eexpeirence when I think back.. It all makes sense now. People kept telling me to a good amount of fiber, but it always seemed to make my digestion worse.

The 2 things I can't figure tho is if it's better to cook veggies really well or eat them raw.

Should you eat fat with protein?. I think tho, it's better to eat alot of fat all through the day with all your meals if possible, because it stimulates bile production, and lubricates the bowls.

I know sugar is good to, but not as important a fat. Sugar increases water into the intestines witch also helps.

Sugar water for example is known to ease constipation.

And that olive olive or is also hampered as a cure for constipation. Thus Constipation is a blockage of fiber in the digestive tract lol

I also know fat blocks carbs, witch will make you lose weight too. hrmm this is all so new to me, gotta do more research :D

Holy cow. Two of the best articles I've read in a long time, thanks for posting those. That really makes A LOT of sense. I have psyllium husk sitting in my kitchen right now, before I was taking it every day, but for some reason, I felt it giving me more problems then before? Bowel movements were rougher, and I was wondering what was up.

My diet is so much fiber. All I eat are whole grains, oats, nuts/seeds, fruits and vegetables lol. It's a damn good thing I still eat my coconut oil and now organic whole milk again. Damn this makes a lot of sense. I guess it's all going back to balancing once again. Not too much of anything.

Edited by AthleticHunta

Well again going back to balance but I would say this. All sugar anyone eats should come from fruit. The only other sugar I eat is if I treat myself to mollasses or pure maple syrup. As for fats I would say..well actually people just have to experiment to find what works for them. The whole "you should do this" is to totally bogus. I hate when I hear people saying that to me so I won't say it either.

To me though a pretty good % of fat for me works good. I'd say for my body it functions best at 35% carbs- 35% fats - 30% protein.

Still experimenting though. Really still a novice at learning my body. Right when I think I know my body I learn something else haha. Really true though, even looking back at 4 months ago, I've learned a lot about my body since then. I'll look back in a year from now knowing even more.

Research, studies, word of mouth are very important, but in my beliefs nothing is more important then knowing and learning your own body.

I'm wondering is a protien product (hemp protein) would be negative, It does have fibers in it too, but its a clean natural protein, so would it not be okay to intake some hemp protein?

Also, how about PB shakes and liver flushes? thoughts on those?

And, would ev coconut oil be alright as a fat supplement?

I'm wondering is a protien product (hemp protein) would be negative, It does have fibers in it too, but its a clean natural protein, so would it not be okay to intake some hemp protein?

Also, how about PB shakes and liver flushes? thoughts on those?

And, would ev coconut oil be alright as a fat supplement?

Coconut is a fat, so.. supplement?. Well anyway hah, yeah it should be fine I think, personally I use olive oil, or any healthy natural hydrogenated fat. I'm not worried about cholesterol, as that to is also a scam from what I read, because damaging of the inners of the arteries is what causes cholesterol to get stuck, without damage, cholesterol can't get stuck. That is a topic for another discussion tho. Look up the cholesterol myth. I will be making a thread about this later (: . P.s from what ive read, witch is very convincing, cholesterol is one of the healthiest things, and without it you will almost surely die a early death, because the body can't live without it.

And no pb shakes from what I heard doing this research increase constipation, and tears up the digestive tract due to the rough fiber, causing permanent worsening constipation, bloating, and and long term increased hunger. This also applies to whole wheat breads and things. The reason whole wheat bread increases bowl movements is because When you eat it, it causes damage to your digestive tract, so your body tries to rid of it asap to lessen the extent of the damage, so you poop :P ,thus in a way, it's poison, and in a way, old mainstream nutritionist, and health in general, knows nothing when it comes to eating right.. sorry :P .

Liver cleanse?. well I don't know to much about them, but any cleanse in moderation I'm sure would be alright. Gallbladder flushing I do know however is a great cleanse, that acully encourages you to consume large amounts of fats and espon salts for a short period of time. I am going to be dong one myself.

Anyway I wanted to report. I have been following this for 2 days, and my stomach has never been this flat. i'm having 3 small bowl movements a day, and I feel really good (: . P.s Had very little fiber, most from apples, with lots of oil to stimulate digestion.

Note never eat sugar with protein as it will constipate you further ive read.

Edited by AthleticHunta

mmm. I've seen this rumor posted before. Fiber is important. Gelling fibers are bad. Gelling fibers are usually the ones you get from grains i.e. whole wheat, psyllium, inulin, etc. Gelling fibers need an immense amount water intake to work because they 'bulk.'

Fibers from vegetables i.e. broccoli, spinach, carrots, etc., are not gelatinous, they move cleanly through - and they really help keep your colon clean and moving.

The example from the acne book was ridiculous - of course watermelon would not cause constipation - that is literally like saying water will not cause constipation :doh:

mmm. I've seen this rumor posted before. Fiber is important. Gelling fibers are bad. Gelling fibers are usually the ones you get from grains i.e. whole wheat, psyllium, inulin, etc. Gelling fibers need an immense amount water intake to work because they 'bulk.'

Fibers from vegetables i.e. broccoli, spinach, carrots, etc., are not gelatinous, they move cleanly through - and they really help keep your colon clean and moving.

The example from the acne book was ridiculous - of course watermelon would not cause constipation - that is literally like saying water will not cause constipation :doh:

That's his point, and it's known that water Mellon is great for constipation, witch goes against what people say, because what people say in theory to an extent are completely wrong.

Soluble fiber in fruits is good because it slows down the absorption of sugar so your blood sugar doesn't spike, dietary fiber that are in veggies do the same thing but are more constipating because they have less sugar in them to speed up the digestive tract, and the fiber is more rough.

Now the solution for constipation from what ive been reading wouldn't be to increase fruits and veggies, that's all wrong. You increase fat, decrease fiber, and and eat fruits/juice with more sugar, but more importantly, eat more oil/fat. This will stimulate the digestive tract, increase bile, and help remove the fiberistic waste from you .

because constipation is just a clog of stuck fiber (Poop) in your digestive tract due to an under-active digestive tract, or a active digestive tracked clogged with to much fiber.

When you poop, your just removing fiber, because fiber is just the part of food your body cant absorb and turn into energy. If you were able absorb everything you ate, you wouldn't have to ever poop :P .

Edited by AthleticHunta

watermelon is good for constipation because of its incredibly high water content; water is always indicated in constipation.

Constipation is not a clog of fiber, it is dry and hard to pass fecal mater. Water helps, as do things that bind water - like fiber. As I stated before, gelatinous fibers are a poor choice. Fiber from vegetables is a good one.

There is no fiber conspiracy. Who would benefit from this?

Ayla there is a fiber conspiracy. The people who would benefit are those are don't know enough. The point of this topic is saying that too much fiber actually messes up your digestion and supports constipation. Where are a majority of people, mainly because of doctors and schools telling kids the wrong information, that the more fiber the better. That fiber will cure your digestive problems. So take laxatives, take as much fiber as you can. Which is like telling a person to go take a knife and start tearing up your insides.

The point of this topic is saying that too much fiber actually messes up your digestion and supports constipation.

Yeah, I don't think that's the point of this topic or at least, not the articles and blogs that the links in the OP go to. That's not about moderation. It's way extreme. They say to not eat vegetables!

Tip in the bottom third of the page of the wai diet article:

Do not consume more fiber than that found in fruit (like in grains and beans, in particular). You don't need vegetables, grains and beans, because fruits and a little animal food contain all the nutrients you need.
Edited by alternativista

Ayla there is a fiber conspiracy. The people who would benefit are those are don't know enough. The point of this topic is saying that too much fiber actually messes up your digestion and supports constipation. Where are a majority of people, mainly because of doctors and schools telling kids the wrong information, that the more fiber the better. That fiber will cure your digestive problems. So take laxatives, take as much fiber as you can. Which is like telling a person to go take a knife and start tearing up your insides.

Then I'll ask again: WHO would benefit from this proposed conspiracy?

Fiber from grain: BAD - I've been a nasayer of grains on this board for years. As stated in my previous post, fiber from grains is generally gleatinous, bulking fiber and not good for your health. Eschewing from fibrous vegetables is notgood for your health. Especially if you are increasing sugars (via fruit). Your inflammation will increase, and I hope anyone proposing to know their stuff on this board understands the implications of that.

The point of this topic is saying that too much fiber actually messes up your digestion and supports constipation.

Yeah, I don't think that's the point of this topic or at least, not the articles and blogs that the links in the OP go to. That's not about moderation. It's way extreme. They say to not eat vegetables!

No it does not say that lol. It says vegetables cause constipation because they have no bowl stimulants in them, ie fats and sugar. So it promotes people to eat to eat fruits and or fats with vegetables for popper digestion.

btw you have a mustache eww :)

Edited.

Edited by AthleticHunta

watermelon is good for constipation because of its incredibly high water content; water is always indicated in constipation.

Constipation is not a clog of fiber, it is dry and hard to pass fecal mater. Water helps, as do things that bind water - like fiber. As I stated before, gelatinous fibers are a poor choice. Fiber from vegetables is a good one.

There is no fiber conspiracy. Who would benefit from this?

Fecal matter is fiber and water, that's all it is. Fiber is simply what your body can't absorb in the conversion of food to energy, thus fecal matter.

You may ask, well.. where does the food go then?. well science will tell you it converts to energy, and carbon dioxide. Where does the weight go?. well ive heard.... that's one of the great mysteries of science..

Edited to keep simple. Got off on a lil rant :P

update edited a second time.

\

Edited by AthleticHunta

...Fecal matter is fiber and water, that's all it is. Fiber is simply what your body can't absorb in the conversion of food to energy, thus fecal matter.

Um...nope. There's bile and fat and electrolytes and other fun stuff like bacteria.

...Fecal matter is fiber and water, that's all it is. Fiber is simply what your body can't absorb in the conversion of food to energy, thus fecal matter.

Um...nope. There's bile and fat and electrolytes and other fun stuff like bacteria.

yes i know... But fecal matter only contains fiber from what you have eaten, everything els is absorbed, ie 98% of it is fiber

Edited by AthleticHunta

yes i know... But fecal matter only contains fiber from what you have eaten, everything els is absorbed.

eddited

A Diet Rich in Fat and Poor in Dietary Fiber Increases the In Vitro Formation of Reactive Oxygen Species in Human Feces1

1. Juergen Georg Erhardt2,

2. Sang Sun Lim,

3. J. Christian Bode*, and

4. Christiane Bode

Production of reactive oxygen species in the lumen of the colon, a process that is influenced by nutritional factors, may be important in the etiology of colorectal cancer. Because research on humans in support of this hypothesis is lacking, the objective of this study was to measure the effect of different dietary compositions on the in vitro oxygen radical production in human feces. Over a period of 12 d, seven healthy subjects received a diet rich in fat (50%) and meat and poor in dietary fiber. After a period of 1 wk, they received a vegetarian diet poor in fat (20%) and rich in dietary fiber. At the end of each study period, feces were collected and analyzed for in vitro oxygen radical production with dimethylsulfoxide as the free radical scavenger. The mean hydroxyl radical production was 13 times greater in feces of subjects when they consumed the diet rich in fat and poor in dietary fiber [52.7 ± 29.5 μmol/(g feces…h)] than when they consumed the diet poor in fat and rich in dietary fiber [3.9 ± 3.9 μmol/(g feces…h); P < 0.05]. This difference was associated with a 42% higher fecal iron concentration when they consumed the first diet (7.0 ± 19.2 μmol/g feces) than when they consumed the second (4.9 ± 1.9 μmol/g feces; P < 0.05). The results of this study confirm that diets high in fat and meat and low in fiber markedly increase the potential for hydroxyl radical formation in the feces, which in turn may contribute to an enhanced risk of colorectal cancer.

If you have ever wondered what feces are made of, you have come to the right place. Feces are mostly made of water (about 75%). The rest is made of dead bacteria that helped us digest our food, living bacteria, protein, undigested food residue (known as fiber), waste material from food, cellular linings, fats, salts, and substances released from the intestines (such as mucus) and the liver. Although feces are made up of about 75% water, this number varies from person to person, depending on how long the feces stay in the intestine. Since the intestines absorb water from the feces, diarrhea (poop that passes quickly through the intestines) will contain more water and retained feces (which stay in the intestines for a longer amount of time) will contain less. Another point worth mentioning is that fiber helps feces pass along the intestine.

Layman's Guide to Poop

My three points:

1. fiber consumption is healthy and may well prevent certain cancers

2. The main weight of poop is water, not fiber, as I stated earlier. Fiber is not even second - the dry weight of fecal matter is roughly 50% bacteria.

3. E-books like this are unreliable and even dangerous. The often encourage the user to throw away established, peer reviewed science in favor of their cooked in the basement politics and utterly ridiculous theories.

I hope the readers of this thread who believe the ebooks really take a minute and look at the science. It simply does not support this. I hope this helped, the life of your colon is very much at stake here.

Use your critical thinking.

Edited by ayla

A Diet Rich in Fat and Poor in Dietary Fiber Increases the In Vitro Formation of Reactive Oxygen Species in Human Feces1

1. Juergen Georg Erhardt2,

2. Sang Sun Lim,

3. J. Christian Bode*, and

4. Christiane Bode

Production of reactive oxygen species in the lumen of the colon, a process that is influenced by nutritional factors, may be important in the etiology of colorectal cancer. Because research on humans in support of this hypothesis is lacking, the objective of this study was to measure the effect of different dietary compositions on the in vitro oxygen radical production in human feces. Over a period of 12 d, seven healthy subjects received a diet rich in fat (50%) and meat and poor in dietary fiber. After a period of 1 wk, they received a vegetarian diet poor in fat (20%) and rich in dietary fiber. At the end of each study period, feces were collected and analyzed for in vitro oxygen radical production with dimethylsulfoxide as the free radical scavenger. The mean hydroxyl radical production was 13 times greater in feces of subjects when they consumed the diet rich in fat and poor in dietary fiber [52.7 ± 29.5 μmol/(g fecesh)] than when they consumed the diet poor in fat and rich in dietary fiber [3.9 ± 3.9 μmol/(g fecesh); P < 0.05]. This difference was associated with a 42% higher fecal iron concentration when they consumed the first diet (7.0 ± 19.2 μmol/g feces) than when they consumed the second (4.9 ± 1.9 μmol/g feces; P < 0.05). The results of this study confirm that diets high in fat and meat and low in fiber markedly increase the potential for hydroxyl radical formation in the feces, which in turn may contribute to an enhanced risk of colorectal cancer.

If you have ever wondered what feces are made of, you have come to the right place. Feces are mostly made of water (about 75%). The rest is made of dead bacteria that helped us digest our food, living bacteria, protein, undigested food residue (known as fiber), waste material from food, cellular linings, fats, salts, and substances released from the intestines (such as mucus) and the liver. Although feces are made up of about 75% water, this number varies from person to person, depending on how long the feces stay in the intestine. Since the intestines absorb water from the feces, diarrhea (poop that passes quickly through the intestines) will contain more water and retained feces (which stay in the intestines for a longer amount of time) will contain less. Another point worth mentioning is that fiber helps feces pass along the intestine.

Layman's Guide to Poop

My three points:

1. fiber consumption is healthy and may well prevent certain cancers

2. The main weight of poop is water, not fiber, as I stated earlier. Fiber is not even second - the dry weight of fecal matter is roughly 50% bacteria.

3. E-books like this are unreliable and even dangerous. The often encourage the user to throw away established, peer reviewed science in favor of their cooked in the basement politics and utterly ridiculous theories.

I hope the readers of this thread who believe the ebooks really take a minute and look at the science. It simply does not support this. I hope this helped, the life of your colon is very much at stake here.

Use your critical thinking.

Great points, the bacteria I don't think is 50% more like 35%-25% from what ive read. Your right about the water. This is new to me. However fiber is what gives the water mass, so even tho the make up is only 30% solid, it could equate to 80-90 percent of the mass due to expansion. In an other comparisons human beings are 80 percent water, witch makes the other 30% solid account for 80% of the mass. I hope I said that right :P . But when you look at a human, or human flesh, you don't see water, you see the expanded 30% solid matter, the same way you don't see water when you look at fecal matter, you see the minority make up expanded, witch is fiber.

If you were to dry fecal matter it would stay the same almost the same size, but now you would have to account for volume of air within it that has structured it.

And you might be right about the article, but I still ensure you do a bit more research before you say its not true to some extent.

I do think bread, and these fibers do cause problems, and solutions for these problems are not more fiber and or laxatives like conventional science/health says, rather, fats, sugars, a better combination of the right fiber, and or less fiber in the diet.

Fiber products are a corporate gold mine. If this were true, the people with money wouldn't want you to know, and they would continue advertising that it's healthy and shoot anyone down that says it's not. It's always about the money.

From what ive researched, the same thing has happened with cancer cures, diabetes cures, tobacco companies, and many more, this however is to a lesser extent with fiber.

Also That there is no doubt that fiber is good, but to much or the wrong type, or that is not prepared, may be very harmful where it can create permanent digestive problems, and increase the rate of cancers production, or lower the rate witch the body fight it off, 10 fold due to it destroying the digestive tract over time. P.s cancer is within all of us, what makes it detectable is when the body becomes to weak in an area to fight it off and it builds up and creates masses. curing cancer is either a matter of using radiation to kill it, or eating apple seeds and or other b17 containing substances to poison it, or improving ones health to a point where the body can cure itself naturally, last 2 are not profitable, so don't expect anyone to promote these, and many people to say there not true to protect profits . this is a subject for another thread, just something interesting, and as always do your own research to find if it's true o not.

btw Did you read the 2 articles posted here fully?. It's pretty interesting and has very good points.

Like how the Asian diet is almost fiber free, I.e very low in fiber ( no breads, Harsh grains), yet they are some of the healthiest people in the world, and live longer than anyone on the planet. There almost all thin, no bloating, constipation, and they age extremely well..... and I do think have the lowest levels of colon cancer, but not sure, and wouldn't be surprised if they do.

They trumpt Americans in health 100 fold.

Edited by AthleticHunta

I remember reading how good fiber aids in the absorption of nutrients, it's in a book called The Water Secret by M.D. Howard Murad. He has this theory that by eating fruits and vegetables that were high in fiber, nutrients, and water, it would ultimately increase the efficiency of the body's cells to disperse waste and strengthen cell walls (forgive me, most of the terms slip my mind as it's been a while). This somehow created higher levels of moisture within his patients, indicated by a phase angle test, and they were healthy in many other marked ways. I'm not well versed in the science behind it, but I'm surprised anyone nowadays would refute the idea of fruits and vegetables being good for you.

Athletica I'm curious, I've read a bunch of your threads before and you cite websites and videos like this often, how exactly did you come to trust these sources more than conventional science?

"Conventional" science has been misinforming people about a lot of health related topics. You have to find out who's funding the research and carefully examine the methods used, as most people never question it and simply read the conclusions as complete evidence.

Often times there are many variables that are not controlled for, leaving big holes in the resulting hypothesis. You know that famous cliche, "Correlation does not equal causation". It is a very true statement.

I'm still not convinced that "fiber" is good or necessary for human beings. Your body, when in good functioning condition, digests food, absorbs nutrients, and expels waste without the need for any plant fiber to "clean" itself out. It does this just fine on it's own. We don't have multiple stomachs that specialize in fermenting fiber to derive our nutrition, we don't need to, never have.

I remember reading how good fiber aids in the absorption of nutrients, it's in a book called The Water Secret by M.D. Howard Murad. He has this theory that by eating fruits and vegetables that were high in fiber, nutrients, and water, it would ultimately increase the efficiency of the body's cells to disperse waste and strengthen cell walls (forgive me, most of the terms slip my mind as it's been a while). This somehow created higher levels of moisture within his patients, indicated by a phase angle test, and they were healthy in many other marked ways. I'm not well versed in the science behind it, but I'm surprised anyone nowadays would refute the idea of fruits and vegetables being good for you.

Athletica I'm curious, I've read a bunch of your threads before and you cite websites and videos like this often, how exactly did you come to trust these sources more than conventional science?

This may absolutely be true. Fiber slows down the absorption of nutrition at the pace your body needs it, this is why apples are better than apple juice.

This also takes a lot of strain off the liver, because it's not absorbed all at once.