Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unapanda

Iodine taken orally is helping me in many ways

Once you got past the detox phase, how do you feel it's helping you?

Well said on supplementation. I think most people are responsible and conscientious about what they put into their bodies and pay attention to what their body needs.

I don't think doctors (or anyone) has all the answers, and it's always good to seek information independently and make your own decisions.

ewww the salt water does sound repulsive, but if I feel like I'm having detox symptoms I'll definitely try it.

Great link, interesting information!

Now I'm curious about researching binders and preservatives in other supplements...

Um, it's subtle, but definately there and also I have probably got used to feeling this way over last couple of years so it does not feel so pronounced anymore, but generally I have more energy and do not find getting out of bed in the mornings hard anymore, less headaches, less fatigue, clearer skin - although by no means perfect - fewer mood swings and less PMS and depression...that's about it really, I just feel 'better'. I had candida as well and dealing with that has relieved alot of the same symptoms, but there was a noticable difference when I started on the iodine (after the detox symtoms had subsided) , especially in terms of my energy levels.

The salt water is a bit gross, but it really helps to flush out those halides and stop detox symptoms in their tracks. The trick is not to make the water too salty - just a couple of pinches will do it, so it is the sme saltiness as chicken soup for example. If it makes you cringe to drink it, you know you've added too much.

Do you know anything about iodine trichloride? I've been reading up on iodine supplements and apparently the iodine trichloride found in Atomidine is claimed to be hazardous.

Thank you Jofo, yes some feel it's hazardous, it does concern me and that's part of why I've bought four different kinds of iodine so far. I'm also still reading up on what works best for others. I have the brands Iosol, Atomidine, Liqui-kelp and Lugol's. From what I understand, Kelp types may have problems as well from contaminants and quality control.

Lugol's seems to be the most widely used of the four.

I've been reading a lot about Magnascent brand iodine. It's more expensive than other types, but I think I will go ahead and order it. A lot of people on Curezone use it and from what they say it gives the best energy. Thanks again for the Curezone link Rifkah6 :)

Many that use Lugols say it helps with their acne and energy (and many other things) but it doesn't seem to give me the energy that I sooo want :) I only tried it for a day though, so not a fair chance at all. As soon as I can I will give it a good try.

I also have a friend that is having great results with the brand Thyadine. I haven't found a lot of info on it yet.

That is a really good point though. I think Lugol's is one of the safest and most used. It has been around for quite a while.

Edited by unapanda

Do you know anything about iodine trichloride? I've been reading up on iodine supplements and apparently the iodine trichloride found in Atomidine is claimed to be hazardous.

Thank you Jofo, yes some feel it's hazardous, it does concern me and that's part of why I've bought four different kinds of iodine so far. I'm also still reading up on what works best for others. I have the brands Iosol, Atomidine, Liqui-kelp and Lugol's. From what I understand, Kelp types may have problems as well from contaminants and quality control.

Lugol's seems to be the most widely used of the four.

I've been reading a lot about Magnascent brand iodine. It's more expensive than other types, but I think I will go ahead and order it. A lot of people on Curezone use it and from what they say it gives the best energy. Thanks again for the Curezone link Rifkah6 :)

Many that use Lugols say it helps with their acne and energy (and many other things) but it doesn't seem to give me the energy that I sooo want :) I only tried it for a day though, so not a fair chance at all. As soon as I can I will give it a good try.

I also have a friend that is having great results with the brand Thyadine. I haven't found a lot of info on it yet.

That is a really good point though. I think Lugol's is one of the safest and most used. It has been around for quite a while.

Hey, well first Id like to say, I have ordered my lugols and would aslso like to hear how your experience goes.

Second, from what I've read, it seems the other iodine forms have other substances present, that could maybe be giving you like an energy boost. Kind of like maybe caffiene does. Just an asumption, becuase from what I know, Lugols is purely idoine (potassium iodide, distilled water, and iodide).

Im guessing the energy from the others would not just solely be from the iodide but from maybe another thing. So maybe, coming off the current iodide supp. you are on, could result in like the same feeling as quiting caffiene of smoking, where you feel less energy and such. Just my 2 cents, don't quote me on this, because thats just what it may possibly be.

Maybe just double check on some of the other substances in the other iodine supplements.

cheers and good luck :)

Have you tried making sure you get the other nutrients that aid thyroid function? And keep lifestyle habits that support it and adrenal health as the adrenals affect your thyroid? Maybe you don't need as much iodine as you are taking.

Good Things for Thyroid function: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2592507

I didn't start taking iodine for low thyroid function. I tested as having normal function. Not saying that I'm not low, but if I am then it's marginally.

Yes, but the benefits you describe sound like it could be improving your thyroid function. And thyroid issues are among the most underdiagnosed medical issues. Just because they consider that range to be normal, doesn't mean it's right for you. Or that anywhere in the lower part of the range is optimal.