Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
derkchang

-WHAT CURED MY JAWLINE CYSTIC ACNE-

I've read many posts regarding how fish oil cured and causes cystic acne for different people. From my personal experience, I must say fish oil is what cured my cystic acne. My face is completely clear now with occasional zits that comes and go within a day. But never cystic acne. I've tried different brands of fish oil, some broke me out and some keeps me clear. I must say that "NATURE'S MADE" fish oil is what worked for me. For all you people with cystic acne, or people who had bad experience with fish oil and doubt fish oil will work. Pls try their product. Nature's Made really made a difference for me. Give it a try, and if it works for you, pls come back to this post and spread the word. I want you all to stay clear and never suffer from cystic acne ever again, or experiment with different supplement as i have done for the past 2 3 years. But through trial and error i have found what works for me, and i hope it works for you too.

this is what i take on regular basis:

Nture's Made fish oil (do not try any other fish oil product, cuz it might make your cyst even worst and longer to heal)

zinc 50 (any zinc brand will work)

enzyme (if you have bad digestive issue and get constipated easily like i am, this is what you need because acne is linked with poor digestive track. It's better to take a stool once a day instead of one every 2-3 days, but than of course, everyone is different. PSYLLIUM HUSK is another thing that help cleans out your colon and digestive track, but this should not be taken daily-you can do more research on this on your own)

well, thast pretty much it, and of course, being healthy, eating your veggie& fruits, drink more water, less red meat & prepared food, and try not to overload yourself w sugar. I'm sure you all know this, but its easier said than done.

If this works for you, pls come back and spread the word. no one should ever suffer from this terrible disease. lastly, please observe your own reaction and outcome because no one will ever know your body better than you. good luck, i wish you guys all the best.

Edited by derkchang

Whats the dosage you took? I have taken Nature Made for a while now...I think they're 1200mg/pill and I've been taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm.

Whats the dosage you took? I have taken Nature Made for a while now...I think they're 1200mg/pill and I've been taking 2 in the am and 2 in the pm.

same here. 1200mg. i take 1 in the morning and 1 before bedtime. however, the one im taking now is liquid softgel. for some reason they dont have the regular ones they used to have at duane reade. this pill i have now is misty looking capsule, not those clear, see through capsule like before. i believe its not as concentrated as before since the cover now says "liquid" form for easier absorption. but at least its not breaking me out like other brands of fish oil. hows it working for you so far?

Well, I've been using it for a bit now along with a few other supplements. I think it helps out, I'm not clear now (I mainly attribute my acne lately to stress but who knows) but I have been clear and my skin is much better than it was about 2 years ago when I started actively working on clearing it up without a derm.

well i hope you get into the clear zone and if your not, hang in there. iv recently switch from liquid capsule to high concentration fish oil. i suspect that liquid capsule is diluted w water so you might need to take more in order to get the same effect. theres this research saying that high grade fish oil is suppose to dissolve syrofoam? so i did the test and the high concentration dissolve the syrofoam within 5 mins and liquid capsule didnt do a thing to the syrofoam. however these two types of fish oil both didnt break me out. where as the gnc body oil 1000 broke me out badly and i also did a test w their fish oil, and it also didnt melt the syrofoam. i dont kno wut this mean and whether or not this say anything about the quality of fish oil. but hey, at least its keeping me clear and happy.

http://www.ascentahealth.com/health-scienc...nature-intended

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oL896aZiag

ps. sorry the third one is in chinese. i speak chinese and the guy says the styrofoam represents chelesterol and "USANA" fish oil is able to melt through the styrofoam more efficiently than this other random brand.

I've read many posts regarding how fish oil cured and causes cystic acne for different people. From my personal experience, I must say fish oil is what cured my cystic acne. My face is completely clear now with occasional zits that comes and go within a day. But never cystic acne. I've tried different brands of fish oil, some broke me out and some keeps me clear. I must say that "NATURE'S MADE" fish oil is what worked for me. For all you people with cystic acne, or people who had bad experience with fish oil and doubt fish oil will work. Pls try their product. Nature's Made really made a difference for me. Give it a try, and if it works for you, pls come back to this post and spread the word. I want you all to stay clear and never suffer from cystic acne ever again, or experiment with different supplement as i have done for the past 2 3 years. But through trial and error i have found what works for me, and i hope it works for you too.

this is what i take on regular basis:

Nture's Made fish oil (do not try any other fish oil product, cuz it might make your cyst even worst and longer to heal)

zinc 50 (any zinc brand will work)

enzyme (if you have bad digestive issue and get constipated easily like i am, this is what you need because acne is linked with poor digestive track. It's better to take a stool once a day instead of one every 2-3 days, but than of course, everyone is different. PSYLLIUM HUSK is another thing that help cleans out your colon and digestive track, but this should not be taken daily-you can do more research on this on your own)

well, thast pretty much it, and of course, being healthy, eating your veggie& fruits, drink more water, less red meat & prepared food, and try not to overload yourself w sugar. I'm sure you all know this, but its easier said than done.

If this works for you, pls come back and spread the word. no one should ever suffer from this terrible disease. lastly, please observe your own reaction and outcome because no one will ever know your body better than you. good luck, i wish you guys all the best.

Hi! I take 4 liquid 1000mgs capsules/day. They are fromt he Nature Bounty's brand. Do you consider this a good brand? I'm also talking a multivitimin. In addition I take Phillips Colon Health which has 3 grams of soluble fiber and 1billions cells of probiotics. Do you think I'm on the right track. I've only been on this for almost two weeks.

Edited by Espinilla12

sorry, i have no idea because i've never tried nature's bounty before, so i wudnt kno my reaction to their fish oil. But you've been taking this fish oil for almost two weeks now? i think thats enough time to tell if this fish oil is working or not. a cyst or nodule should last for a week or two. if it persist for more than two weeks and you see new upcoming cysts and your overall complexion is not improving(in fact, getting worst), than you should just stop taking this brand immediately. i think your on the right track of finding a solution that works and your regime sounds good to me, but only you can tell if its really working.

I've recently bought some more fish oil from nature's made. however this one is different again from the previous two that i bought from nature's made. it says it contains EPA&DHA with other omega3? how many other omega3's r there? thought EPA&DHA are already omega3. anyway, iv started taking it for couple days already notice new upcoming cysts which freaked me out cuz i was completely clear. like always, i would go online do more research. this is what i found out from another user with similar problem as me

foxfirepomf:

I started taking fish oil about 4 years ago to try to clear up my acne. I was very lucky because the first bottle I bought did the trick. At first I noticed that a sticky substance was coming out of my pores but my skin started to clear up soon after that. The next time I went to the store, I bought a different brand (thinking the brand didn't matter) and I started having breakouts. I went back to the original brand I was taking, which was Sundown, for those of you who are curious, and my skin got better. I took it for about a year and a half and my acne cleared up almost completely while I was on it. I stopped taking it after that (for various reasons). Well, I moved to California with my boyfriend last fall and soon after I started having breakouts all over again. What a nightmare! So, I decided to go back to the fish oil, only I couldn't find Sundown at Walgreens or any other stores close to where I live. So, I tried a couple of different store brands and, guess what? I had worse breakouts. So, since then I've been doing some research on what worked for me, what seems to be working for other people and what absolutely did not work for me. Below is a list that I've made up so you can see the difference in ingredients. I believe that the answer to whether or not you get a fish oil that works for your skin might depend on the type of fish it is made with.

What worked for me initially....

Sundown Fish Oil - Contains: herring, anchovy, mackerel, sardine, salmon.

EPA 360 mg

DHA 240 mg

What I'm taking now...

365 (Whole Foods Brand) Fish Oil - Contains: Herring, Anchovy, Mackerel, Sardine, Salmon and soy.

EPA 360 mg

DHA 240 mg

One big no no for me...

Natures Finest (Walgreens Brand) - Contains: Sardines, Anchovies, Sprat, Clupea, Salmon, Soy.

EPA 360 mg

DHA 240 mg

Two big no no for me...

Nature Made Fish Oil - Contains: Fish - anchovy, sardine - and soy.

EPA 432 mg

DHA 288 mg

Seems to work well for others....

Kirkland Brand Fish Oil - Contains: Anchovy, Herring, Salmon, Sardine and Sprat

EPA 360 mg

DHA 240 mg

Another that seems to work for others...

GNC Brand - I wasn't able to find any ingredient information on this one!

Let me know if some of these seem to work, or don't work for all of you. I'd like to find out if my list is consistent! One thing is that I don't know if the Soy ingredient makes much difference in how effective it is. I'm very curious though.

so the above user has tried many different brands of fish oil. some seems to work and some dont. i know some ppl is allergic to soy, however, the previous fish oil that i was taking is high concentration, also contain soy and it did not break me out. anyways, im going to stop this new fish oil and start taking my previous fish oil. im just afraid it runs out.

guys, pls make sure you buy the right kind of fish oil. if you buy the wrong kind, it will have negative effect on your acne. i've recently found another good brand, that is market america's fish oil, it contains omega 3 and vitamin E. vit E helps protect omega 3. been taking it for a week now, and i can already tell a difference it terms of my sebum production. def not as oily as before.

p.s. check out this site www.clearskincoach.com

this guy leo really put the whole acne problem into perspective. you gotta pay for to become a member, but its def worth it. if you follow through his regime, im sure you will be 100% free from acne and overall, better health.

@ derkchang Hey, I'm using Spring Valley All Natural Regular Strength Fish Oil 1000 MG ....it is a 300 mg/omega 3. So far no big new breakouts. However, I just have a week with them. I'm curious what's yourb daily regimen that you do along with taking the fish oil??