Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sambamillenium

saliclyic acid and glycolic acid

I'm not sure, I just started using the SA and GA combination and the last 2 days haven't been too good.. had the 2 biggest zits I've had for at least 6 months in the fist week of using these products sad.gif

They are exfoliators, so yes, if there were any blemishes that haven't come up yet these will expose them. These acids themself don't cause pimples, unless you've had an allergic reaction to them or something else in the product they come in.

morning

C&C blackhead scrub

Neostrata smoothing lotion 8% GA

evening

C&C blackhead scrub

Benzac 2.5%

I agree, BHA and AHA are exfolients, unclogging the pores. Like any acne treatment, it's supposed to take six to eight weeks before any improvement is shown. Just be patient. When the acne is coming to the surface, thinks of that as a GOOD thing. Your pores are cleaning themselves out....even though you don’t like the look of your skin. I’m in the same boat. sad.gif

For the past week, or maybe 10 days, my routine has been

C&C Advantage Wash (2% SA)

Pat dry with paper towel

Save face with electric razor (norelco reflex action plus w/lifters removed)

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face lotion (8% glycolic)

wait 10 min or so untill completely dry

C&C Advantage Lotion (1% SA IIRC)

for both day and night. In the mornings I just skip the shaving step. When I want to shower I just skip the wash, wait untill my face dries, and then continue the routine at the shaving step. I only use the wash on my nose, nothing else, because my nose seems extremely sensitive to breakouts. The wash alone is helping with the blackheads that stick around there.

Removing the lifters and using the glycolic and SA after shaving has really helped with ingrowns as well as fading marks. I have pretty oily skin, so I don't mind a little dryness, infact I welcome it. This routine hasn't made my skin flaky or anything, its starting to look somewhat healthy actually.