Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok so i was on 40mgs a day for 4 months, i wanted to clear up my acne because i do some modeling for some surf shops and it was killing my confidence, i had moderate acne and about 4 years and enough was enough,so the 2nd month i started clearing up, 4th month everything was great and still is, not one pimple in about 1 month. my face is so smooth you dont feel even one bump in my skin, its great! hopefully it stays this way! ive had a few stomach aches when on it. but other than that no serious side effects. hopefully everyone results are as great as mine, i dont even think about my acne anymore, just about a few scars i have, but im a picky person. anyways good luck to all of you on accutane! :)

Edited by motocross5625

ok so i was on 40mgs a day for 4 months, i wanted to clear up my acne because i do some modeling for some surf shops and it was killing my confidence, i had moderate acne and about 4 years and enough was enough,so the 2nd month i started clearing up, 4th month everything was great and still is, not one pimple in about 1 month. my face is so smooth you dont feel even one bump in my skin, its great! hopefully it stays this way! ive had a few stomach aches when on it. but other than that no serious side effects. hopefully everyone results are as great as mine, i dont even think about my acne anymore, just about a few scars i have, but im a picky person. anyways good luck to all of you on accutane! :)

Congrats to you sir! I just started 40mg/day yesterday.. i hope i am as lucky as you. Sounds like your treatment went very well!

Congrats to you sir! I just started 40mg/day yesterday.. i hope i am as lucky as you. Sounds like your treatment went very well!

thanks, you will do great

I'm so happy for you! I just started my treatment of 40mg per day...I'm not sure if I'll have beautiful skin like you because I'm 44 , and I'm not sure if accutane can actually be a miracle with older skin. My question to you is... How did you know your course was done after only 4 months? My Derm told me I'll be on it for 4 or 5 months. I don't want to be on it for too long, bit I also don't want my acne to come back....any thoughts?

I'm so happy for you! I just started my treatment of 40mg per day...I'm not sure if I'll have beautiful skin like you because I'm 44 , and I'm not sure if accutane can actually be a miracle with older skin. My question to you is... How did you know your course was done after only 4 months? My Derm told me I'll be on it for 4 or 5 months. I don't want to be on it for too long, bit I also don't want my acne to come back....any thoughts?

well everyone is different, she put me on it for 4 months, but the pharmacy messed up and gave me 2 months extra, so just to be safe im taking one pill once every week to keep it a bay from the extra 2 months they gave me. 4 months was fine for me. on accutane everyone reacts differently. it will work with older skin because it shrinks the oil glands- less oil -less acne, everyone has oil glands young or old.