Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haroldandkumar

I always read stories about people breaking out at

I always thought acne in general was something that last around 13-18 which is main time for puberty. But story after story i read people saying "i always had mild acne but it started getting really bad at 20" or "i never really had acne til i was 20." That is really crappy does it usually start going away by then or you screwed for like atleast 30+? I'm talking in general not for everybody, is it more common to go away after 20 or keep coming for a long time.

Well.. I guess the most common thing is for acne to occur in teens.

However, I had perfect skin untill a few months before I turned 20. Never had any acne problems before that and then it started getting real bad!

Acne is not just a teenage afflication at all. People get it in their adult years a lot. Adult onset acne is very common in women in their 30s, but in the 20s as well for both men and women. Nobody knows why unfortunately. The good news is that 2.5% benzoyl peroxide can usually keep it under control nicely until nature decides to give you a break.

you wonder why we even get acne.

It's caused by sebum being produced and not reaching the surface due to dead skin cells blocking the passage right?

so ideally if we exfoliate properly and clean off all the dead skin cells, there really shouldn't be a problem of acne and pimples forming right? no matter why skin type you have?

it's kinda confusin blink.gif

Actually, people don't know the *exact* cause of acne. They know that the sebtum glands have something to do with it, but horomones and other factors (like stress) come into play as well... Nobody really knows for sure how or why acne is caused.

You would think if they can put a man on the moon, they can find out why humans have been getting acne for decades now. bb_wink.gif

I'm 19 with moderate acne tongue.gif. It was mild but then i didn't take care of it and it blew up into a moderate case. I also had mild acne when i was 15.