Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recoverme

(FOR SEVERE ACNE SUFFERS) Wouldn't Sweaty Exercise and Good Sleep be Enough?

I was thinking.. instead of stressing the hell out of yourself with exactly what to eat and losing mad weight..

Wouldn't just intense workout where you sweat crucially and good sleep be enough to clear yourself and negate all affects of eating food?

For example, like for grains and sugar, wouldn't exercise reduce glucose levels? I don't know.. maybe I'm wrong.

Please post your thoughts..

I think your on the right track. People get so crazy as to actually block out groups of VEGETABLES indiscriminately, not with any evidence of breakouts, just because someone on the internet says they are bad. i.e. tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage

With all the SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN health benefits of these types of vegetables, not to mention the loads of acne diet books which say to eat them alot, who do you believe?

Facts are acne diets contradict each other ALOT.

The only places they seem to agree is with the abolishment or lowering of simple carb intake, and increasing fruits and veggies.

Take excercise for example, like you mentioned. Some people think sweating and excercise are bad for acne and completely avoid it.

Which is a sad state of affairs for many reasons.

Many people think excercise is good for acne.

I tend to think excercice, which normalizes hormone levels naturally, naturally detoxes the body, is good for the organs and brain, is just TOO beneficial to ignore. All of these things point to one thing= less acne

BUt avoiding excercise when all evidence points to its benefits is rediculous.

However, I dont think you should just use excercise as a mop-up after eating horrible food. Eating well, sleeping well, and excercising well arent only good for acne, they are good for your mental and physical health, and that would be where a cure lies if there is one. Just dont get too crazy with it all like I did. Generally I think if you are on these boards, then you are like me, and have a tendency to want to try all of these crazy miracle cures.

I think your on the right track. People get so crazy as to actually block out groups of VEGETABLES indiscriminately, not with any evidence of breakouts, just because someone on the internet says they are bad. i.e. tomatoes, sweet potatoes, cabbage

With all the SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN health benefits of these types of vegetables, not to mention the loads of acne diet books which say to eat them alot, who do you believe?

The only places they seem to agree is with the abolishment or lowering of simple carb intake, and increasing fruits and veggies.

Take excercise for example, like you mentioned. Some people think sweating and excercise are bad for acne and completely avoid it.

Which is a sad state of affairs for many reasons.

Many people think excercise is good for acne.

I tend to think excercice, which normalizes hormone levels naturally, naturally detoxes the body, is good for the organs and brain, is just TOO beneficial to ignore. All of these things point to one thing= less acne

BUt avoiding excercise when all evidence points to its benefits is rediculous.

However, I dont think you should just use excercise as a mop-up after eating horrible food. Eating well, sleeping well, and excercising well arent only good for acne, they are good for your mental and physical health, and that would be where a cure lies if there is one. Just dont get too crazy with it all like I did. Generally I think if you are on these boards, then you are like me, and have a tendency to want to try all of these crazy miracle cures.

I know what you mean.. I'm not saying that this board doesn't help... I mean I know for a fact that some of the things that helped my skin came from this forum..

But at the same time, if you have bad acne and you're paranoid like me, it can drive you insane.....

ESPECIALLY if you have a fast metabolism like me..

it's like a gift and a curse..

Anyways, any other thoughts? I mean.. I'm not saying that binging off sweets and dairy and junkn all day will be cured by just exercising and sleeping well..

but just a balanced diet WITH sweat inducing exercise, and sleep over time?

I don't really find it THAT stressfull when it comes to limiting food for acne due to the fact I know it would be worth it in the end.

There are too many contributing factors to acne but at the top of the list are hormones, and its merely the fact that you have to sleep well, eat well, exercise well etc in order to balance your hormones that makes it so stressfull.

If just those two things would help depends highly on the individual. Some people have deep inflammation that they have no idea exists, its all about working out whats best for you, and for the most part its easiest for people just to cover all the bases by doing the lot.

Iam a dancer and I have acne.....and I wear makeup when Im taking lessons....so you can imagine.....even though my foundation and moisturzer is oil free my face sweats like crazy! it doesnt help I have makeup on..but i feel like my skin has had some sort of lift and feels great after a dance lesson!

Exercise would in no way entirely negate the effects. You're still putting junk/toxins in your body that it has to expel somehow. Now imagine your body having to recover and repair from exercise as well as deal with the crap that it needs to digest. Not really a good combo. Stressing yourself out about what you eat won't help either. It's really simple if you take a little time to look at the big picture and I personally believe you shouldn't be too strict on yourself.

Exercise and a good diet are synergistic in my opinion.

I was thinking.. instead of stressing the hell out of yourself with exactly what to eat and losing mad weight..

Wouldn't just intense workout where you sweat crucially and good sleep be enough to clear yourself and negate all affects of eating food?

For example, like for grains and sugar, wouldn't exercise reduce glucose levels? I don't know.. maybe I'm wrong.

Please post your thoughts..

Well, first, how about just not stressing out, yet still eating right? There are plenty here that can make smart decisions without 'stressing the hell out of themselves.'

And second, yes, daily physical activity, sweaty workouts not necessarily required, is the best thing you can do for your blood sugar. And sleep is also an important factor that affects blood sugar. But that doesn't necessarily mean you can eat all the sugar and nutritionally void processed 'food' you want. It means your diet doesn't need to be as strict as it would if you didn't sleep well and weren't physically active.

And the exercise and sleep won't help much with any food intolerances.

You are not applying discrimination to your reading. Those foods are healthy and good for acne. Unless you have an intolerance for them. If you have an intolerance for them, then you need to avoid them. Period.

Anyone who is 'blocking out groups of VEGETABLES indiscriminately' is crazy. You don't do it indiscriminately, you do it methodically to determine a food intolerance.

Exercise IS entirely beneficial, and it does help to balance hormones and stress levels. You can't get a good nights sleep without being active in the day.

The diets people use here are for the most part, not radical. Most of us eat plenty of veggies, some fruit, some meat, no dairy (except yogurt for some), and some eat whole grains as well. It's pretty simple, and it can be entirely delicious as well. It's good for the mental and physical health.

Exercise and good diet also go hand in hand. If I haven't eaten well recently and I try to exercise like I normally do, I get so short of breath and tire much faster.

I also notice a lot of people who say exercise breaks them out don't eat good diets. This is because exercise helps you absorb more of what you eat and the sweat releases toxins through your skin. So if you're eating a crappy diet all the time, it's very unlikely you'll get clear by exercising. However, if you're eating well, exercise will benefit you greatly, and will help for the occasional times you eat something that isn't so good for you because your body will be more resilient.

I also recommend exercising outdoors at least twice a week because you absorb more vitamin D when your blood is flowing than if you just sit in the sun.

This is just holistic thinking. This is what this board is all about.

I second what Cello said. I can see why certain people hate exercise, because of the way they eat. If I've been eating junk all day exercising in ANY form is absolutely miserable (especially running, though). Lack of sleep also coincides with this to where I'll end up being at 50% capacity than I'm usually at. On the other hand, if I've eaten very well all day and maintained a good "balance" I'll feel even better about exercising than just normal.

This is another reason diet and exercise go together. Trust me when I say you won't be doing any intense work-outs if your body is clogged with junk.

I second what Cello said. I can see why certain people hate exercise, because of the way they eat.

But also, long sweaty workouts aren't required. It's important to be active every day. Move around, walk, take stairs, do chores. And then once in a while, a couple times per week, do something intensive in short bursts. This is what our body was designed for and our systems are designed to fuel. Lots of moderate activity and very short bursts of intense activity.

Lift some weights and Sprint 30 seconds at a time a few times in your walk, or play a game that involves doing something like that. Sprinting is also quite exhilarating and walking is meditative and soothing, as opposed to the monotony of jogging for an hour.

^ Very true. Being generally active during the day has immense benefits. Being out and about and not sitting around on acne.org thinking about your skin, lol. Activities like walking, cleaning, whatever-they have immense benefits on the whole body, from reducing stress to increasing circulation.

Intense exercise isn't the worst thing in the world, however. There are plenty of people in tribes who run several miles a day. Intense exercise isn't necessary for many people, but if it is necessary for your lifestyle, or you find the idea (like running long distance) appealing, go for it. The body can handle and support it. The idea is that you MUST work up to it. You can't decide to go run 5 miles when you can hardly make it for half a mile. You have to slowly incorporate it into your lifestyle so you don't overstress your body or mind. My training includes running, aerobics, and yoga, building up capacity as the weeks go by. I started off with very low-scale exercise and have build a formidable amount of stamina. Since December I have put on 9 pounds of muscle without ever overworking my body.

Long story short, exercise as much as you see fit for your lifestyle, listen to your body, and be happy.