Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

I'm a guy..... Can I wear make up?

I wear makeup and I am male. My dad has used it for years everytime he gets a blemish and told me to try it.

Make sure you get the right skintone, no one will even know and it makes your face 10x better.

Just do overdo it to where its obvious.

Yeah my dad was actually the first one to suggest I wear makeup.. because thats what he always did back when he had acne.. and still does if he gets a random pimple.. and hes a hardcore wannabe-macho homophobe.

that is the most stereotypical post i've ever seen. see this is why i do not hang out with straight guys. YOU STRAIGHT GUYS STEREOTYPE TOO MUCH!!!! Metro-sexuals and gay guys rule. LOL! They don't say men don't need to take care of themselves because men are supposed to be aqll tough and manly....what buillshit! But yeah....u kno many girls seek high maintenance guys...TRUST ME! and if u look all dirty and ugly and you make your image look like shit then GOOD LUCK TO U BUDDY! Yeah and obviously straight guys that are stereotypes don't care about looks.......

I agree w/ Marvin, make damn sure that it matches, and don't wear it while working out or in gym class or anything. Only when you need to.

Practice applying it at home.

The whole makeup/gay thing is ignorant as hell, and way over rated. I would never make fun of someone who wants to help their self confidence. I'd never make fun of gay people either, mind you. Nowadays, a lot more guys wear makeup than you think. I'm not saying every guy does, but you know what I mean!

No matter what, ABOVE ALL, you MUST get an exact match, and you must spend time practicing and mastering the application.

There is a good chance it could worsen acne though. Take that into consideration.

Teplo: Makeup or not, you're a pig! LOL. Can't imagine you have too many women busting down your door with an attitude like that. Are we in the 1930's?

I am hoping Teplo was just joking around. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he was. cool.gif

As far as men wearing makeup, I think it is fine. In fact, I think guys in eyeliner and face powder/concealer can be hot as f*ck. (Though I admit I'm very much a goth girly and so that probably skews my ideals on what is/isn't attractive, as opposed to what so-called "normal" people think.)

Meh. Nevermind. I'll shut up now. biggrin.gif

Well, i personally have no problems with guys wearing makeup. If they're confident enough to wear it, then more power to them! However, lots of people think it's weird and "not right" for guys to wear makeup.

For example, i have two guy friends who wear makeup. It's pretty noticeable. NEways, i never really thought anything of it (maybe cuz i use makeup myself to cover acne) but some of my other friends mock them for it (not to their faces of course). I have a really judgemental friend who places great importance on appearances; she was making fun of them saying how weird and funny it is that they use makeup to cover pimples and stuff. She started laughing at them and i just felt bad. I hate judgemental people! She's always saying stupid crap like "She was so pretty, but now she has acne."

Well, i personally have no problems with guys wearing makeup.  If they're confident enough to wear it, then more power to them!  However, lots of people think it's weird and "not right" for guys to wear makeup.

For example, i have two guy friends who wear makeup.  It's pretty noticeable.  NEways, i never really thought anything of it (maybe cuz i use makeup myself to cover acne) but some of my other friends mock them for it (not to their faces of course).  I have a really judgemental friend who places great importance on appearances; she was making fun of them saying how weird and funny it is that they use makeup to cover pimples and stuff.  She started laughing at them and i just felt bad.  I hate judgemental people!  She's always saying stupid crap like "She was so pretty, but now she has acne."

Try another brand or type of foundation. What you're using must be drying your skin out, I think. (Which then causes it to produce extra oil.)

Speaking as a middle-aged woman, I have to say that I found the eye-liner that Johnny Depp wore in that pirate movie to be dead sexy. Oh, and on Keith Richards, too. (However, not so sexy on Ossama. ) It's a look that works for some, and not for others.

Women are always attracted to a man who obviously cares about how he looks to the public at large, and who takes the time to be well-groomed. It not only says something about his self-confidence, but also about his consideration of others. (And also something about his intelligence, too, I think.) Remember guys, women see the TOTAL package, and looks are only one part of the total package. If you've got the self-assurance to wear makeup, and you've got the smarts to have figured out a makeup routine which actually improves your appearance, that says volumes about your character.

It's bullshit that men can't wear makeup cause it's considered gay or faggot or whatever. For instance, I've just seen the Academy Awards and do you really think that ORLANDO BLOOM or CHRIS ROCK are not wearing any make up? Believe me, they're covered in make up. Not because they have pimples or whatever but because it gives the skin a glowing effect and like ''alive''.

I know it's hard to understand but think about it, 21st century.. everything is becoming even... make up is becoming more common for guys. There are plenty of makeup lines for men available now.

So dont be ashamed, just make sure you practise a lot cause wearing wrong makeup is one thing and wearing perfect matching makeup is another!