Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Forsaken

I'm a guy..... Can I wear make up?

I know make up would cover my scars and my skin look really good but I'm a Guy.....I think the make up might be worse then the scars...

I think you could wear makeup. Not the powder type or foundation but I think using a concealer will not be too bad. Origins concelear works well, doesnt seem to break me out and ive got very acne prone skin. Its only about $12 and will last you for atleast half the year.

I used to use bronsing beads (Mary Kay) to make myself look a little tanner and hid things a little bit. Key is to NOT put on a lot. You cant hide it, but you blend it in. If you try to cover it all, it becomes quite obvious you are wearing makeup...and in today's crappy society, men arent supposed to wear makeup. I did though and some of my friends did as well.

Anyway, I used the bronsing beads for a good 5 months till I kept getting carried away trying to hide things - then having to redo it because I was super tan and my neck was white. It was too much of a pain to get everything to look smooth...

Make sure you buy stuff WITHOUT sparkles. The first stuff I got had em, and in certain lighting - I was a christmas tree.

I dunno, I think everyone should wear make up except when you're working out or exercising because it looks very uncomfortable.

I agree...I dont see the problem with it. But a lot of people will be quick to make fun of you. Watch "Queer Eye for the straight guy"...they make several makeup recomendations.

i don't think make up will cover up scars. i don't think people are open enough to the idea yet either - so if you do wear make up and you're a guy, then make sure the make up doesn't show.

hahah....more guys than you think wear some sort of makeup...be it concealer or whatever to cover up acne.

In fact most of the guys on my b-ball team use it in the morning after practice.

it's okay as long as you don't go too far and start wearing lipstick and eyeshadow and otehr freaky stuff bb_icon_eek.gif

but i guess if ur just covering up acne it's all good

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think guys need to worry about makeup. Leave that to us girls who are expected to look flawless dry.gif

Times are changing girl3900, guys looking rough and grungy isnt as accepted as it once was.. we too are starting to be expected to look flawless... or at least as good as we can.

huh.gif Why not?

YES, it is perfectly ok for guy to wear makeup. Otherwise we won't have any guy in this forum, right? biggrin.gif

This question shouldn't even need to come up in the first place. sad.gif

Makeup and flawless skin for women only? no way...that's a discrimination. Any guy should have a right to look good and clean too. Don't you think? blink.gif

Of course you can wear make up! why are you asking random people? You should do what makes you feel better! I have a ton of male friends that wear make up....... Yes alot of them are gay, but even my metrosexual friends have powder! This world is full of gay people! You can be gay and do about anything these days! I know alot of gay actors! So do what you want! Just because you wear make up dosnt mean your gay! It means you wanna look your best!

Of course you can wear makeup, just keep it to a liquid concealer. Powders are too noticable and usually won't look right if you don't have the eyeshadows and everything else to go with it. My advice is to get a girl to show you how to make it look natural on you or else if you live by a nordstroms have them help you out. Those makeup artists are amazing.

Of course you can wear make up! why are you asking random people? You should do what makes you feel better! I have a ton of male friends that wear make up....... Yes alot of them are gay, but even my metrosexual friends have powder! This world is full of gay people! You can be gay and do about anything these days! I know alot of gay actors! So do what you want! Just because you wear make up dosnt mean your gay! It means you wanna look your best!

im a guy and i do use a concealer. It helps to soften the redness around spots, and i have in the past used it to help disguise the scars. I used to put it all over my face, but nowadays its quite a lot better so i just use it on red areas and new spots.

I dont keep it on when im at home, and i take it off when i go to the gym etc.

I THINK ITS FINE PERSONALLY BUT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KEEP IT ON THE DOWN LOW BECAUSE PPL IN HIGH SCHOOL ARE BITCHES AND MOST GUYS ARE ASSES SO JUST DONT TELL ANY 1.

(BUT THAT S JUST ME U CAN IF U WANT TO)

the general stereotype for guys wearing makeup is that they are gay. thats not to say its wrong to wear makeup if you happen to be a male. however, unless its really subtle and natural looking, i would expect other guys not to be too accepting of it. personally, i make sure if i wear makeup that it's only concealer and it matches my skintone perfectly. otherwise, sooner or later you'll be bound to get funny looks or some a$shole make fun of you.

what i cannot stress enough to guys is the makeup (whatever it may be) they put on matches skintone. even if its off by one shade, people will be able to notice especially in natural light.

i haven't really used make-up that long but there are concealers that can cover your zits and blemishes very well, and treat them...i use avon's....it has 2% salicylic acid i think, and you can choose the green concealer, which neutralizes the redness of the pimple, and the flesh-colored ones...both have salicylic acid in it.

Makeup makes my life 5000 times better.. it really does. I can go from having acne to not having acne in like 10 minutes.. and there's absolutly nothing wrong with that.

Hey guys

There is not a thing wrong with men wearing makeup. Every TV personality and actor on the planet wears it. It can be a little trickier than a female's makeup because of stubble and whatnot. If you need to know how to apply it, pick a color, whatever-feel free to send me a message (private or on the board)

Ayla

xxoo

I see a trend here: most people agree it's ok for men to wear make-up (myeslf included) but some suggest it is very important for it to look extremely natural (talking foundation here - saying nothing about eyeliner etc.) I guess all along the goal for foundation makup is to look like one has perfect skin or close to perfect or whatever... but what about obvious make up on women? Why is it ok for women to be obviosly wearing face make-up (again, talking about foundation)? Shouldn't it be just as bad for a chick to look like her face is painted on? Shouldn't people be equally critical? (as if we aren't critical enough of women, I know) I guess what I am saying is that bad make-up is bad make-up. Female or male the foundation should look as natural as possible and basically the same rules apply (except it may be a bit more difficult for men because of their facial hair growth etc. ). Am I crazy??