Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
switch124

Ever feel like your Allergic to Everything?

I can't eat anything. I have to turn down food all the time. And I don't mind saying no to pop-tarts and jelly beans, its when I have to say no to (here comes the list) things that contain, gluten, dairy, legumes, soy, corn (?), eggs (?), red peppers (?). The question marks refer to foods that may not cause acne but still upset my stomach. Then, regardless of what I eat Im always dealing with acid reflux, burping and everything else you can imagine that comes with poor digestion. I have horrible digestion (its hereditary) and it feels like theres nothing I can do. I have HCL pills, ACV, digestive enzymes and probiotics, which do help, its just upsetting to see everyone else in a classroom accept a cookie for saint patricks day while I have to decline when Im offered one and make up some lame excuse while everyone stares at me like why doesnt he accept the cookie? . :cry: Its not my fault my body sucks. Just hook me up to an IV im done.

Edited by switch124

I often get an itch at the corner of my mouth when I've eaten something that'll cause a reaction. No matter what, the itch only happens after I've eaten.

I just ate a romaine salad with canola oil and ACV (I'm allergic to olive oil). The corner of my mouth itches. I really don't know what I CAN eat.

Eh come on guys. We all know we got our BS but the worse thing you can do is give up. No point in wasting your own time posting on a forum about misery. Pity doesn't make anyone stronger, just weakens your mind.

The list of things you said your allergic to, are those facts? Or are those assumptions you made from information you got from this web site? You have to learn yourself of what is right and wrong for you. But the list you said, I don't eat anything on it. And I'm doing well. There is a huge variety of food out there, just have to find what works for you.

Passing down that cookie I bet was hard as hell. Let me tell you something. If you really want to go down the right road, not just for acne and your skin but overall health, there are going to be hundreds of more cookies that your gonna have to face. They are all temptations, YOU decide how you deal with them. You could take it from the point of being embarrassed, being the sucker who can't eat a cookie because of personal reasons. Or you just smile and say, no thanks. Anyone asks why? Tell them because you don't eat that crap. Personally I'd smile at anyone and tell them I don't eat crap. :)

Those situations have happened to me more times then I can count. Just today I had 3 of them haha. Woke up today and my buddy was cooking amazing french toast, home made with whip cream syrup the whole nine yards. Later went to see my family, we went out and they wanted ice cream. As everyone got theirs I just smiled and kept talking with everyone. Then about 3 hours ago at home they all had pie, ice cream, and a bunch of other hard temptations. Every single time I was asked why not. Just stand up for what you believe in. I just be an open honest guy. I'm very healthy and it shows. Everyone has their own decision.

You gotta play your cards right. Some times temptations aren't a bad thing to give into, you just have to know when the time is right. Just know that IT IS WRONG that we are the odd balls. We are the odd ones for eating healthy. How messed up is that? Let everyone else damage their bodies. Just remember that when you stand up for yourself and decline that cookie, or any temptation, that you are grabbing the minds of every person that is aware of what you just did. And inside everyone of them they feel a respect for your decision.

things that contain, gluten, dairy, legumes, soy, corn (?), eggs (?), red peppers (?). The question marks refer to foods that may not cause acne but still upset my stomach. Then, regardless of what I eat Im always dealing with acid reflux, burping and everything else you can imagine that comes with poor digestion. I have horrible digestion (its hereditary) and it feels like theres nothing I can do.

Apart from eggs, I'm off the same things.

I also get days when it feels like absolutely everything makes me bloated and makes my stomach upset.

I went to a gastroenterologist and he is testing me for Celiac disease and some other things.

I've been on some rather nasty anti-biotics for my skin before and he said it can be that I wiped out too many good bacteria and something went wrong or it could be Celiac disease or something else.

If you are Celiac then even tiny amounts can upset you. (Like sprinkles over your food, or caramel flavour in vanilla)

PS: A know what you mean about the cookie. Last week my boss brought cakes and pastries and stuff for his birthday. I was standing there with a cup of tea. It was torture.

(But not as awful as looking at a huge cyst on my face for weeks)

Just know that IT IS WRONG that we are the odd balls. We are the odd ones for eating healthy. How messed up is that? Let everyone else damage their bodies. Just remember that when you stand up for yourself and decline that cookie, or any temptation, that you are grabbing the minds of every person that is aware of what you just did. And inside everyone of them they feel a respect for your decision.

No they don't. They feel sorry for you or think you're a freak. I don't think I'm better than other people because I eat a healthier diet.

One cookie won't DAMAGE you. The human species evolved to deal with quite alot. My grandad lived till a ripe old age, died quietly in his sleep without a trace of cancer or acne - And he owned a bakery.

I often get an itch at the corner of my mouth when I've eaten something that'll cause a reaction. No matter what, the itch only happens after I've eaten.

I just ate a romaine salad with canola oil and ACV (I'm allergic to olive oil). The corner of my mouth itches. I really don't know what I CAN eat.

Hey, I have similiar reactions. Whenever I eat something, I usually get an itch around my mouth regardless of WHAT I eat. Wonder what it might be, what does ur diet consist of, maybe we can compare. Also, my itch is like on my face around my mouth on the skin, is yours INSIDE your mouth or like mine??

I feel exactly the same, every single thing i eat seems to upset my stomach. I never know what diet to try as all foods seem to make me feel bloated, its become a much bigger issue than what my acne is now.

Me+Dots: Haha, hmm wow. Ok is that what YOU think people think about you, or do they actually tell you? Because I highly doubt anyone tells you that you are pathetic because you won't eat a cookie. Or that your a freak. How many freakin people don't eat cookies and crap because they don't eat garbage?? I guess it sounds bizarre to you and others but people really do eat healthy just for health!.. They don't care about their skin, they are eating for..health. There are so many people who won't eat garbage, if anyone ever looked at me like I was crazy to not eat a cookie, I would be shocked that they are questioning that Im eating healthy. If anything I should ask them why the hell they would ever put that in their bodies.

If you don't think one cookie hurts, then why didn't you eat it? Because you had a guilty conscience thinking that the one cookie COULD effect you? That's great that your grandpa could eat whatever he wanted and lived long. There are also people who smoke crack every day and can still out run some of the most fit people. There ARE people who are just lucky, like those who can smoke endless packs of cigarettes every day and nothing matters. But we aren't them are we?

If your feeling sorry for yourself for eating healthy then don't. Because the stress is most likely causing you more problems then eating the baked goods you wish for. When I eat that crap I feel like crap. So why would I ever eat crap? I like to feel good. Everyone has to figure out what works for them. If I drink a glass of milk, or have a simple piece of pie, I feel like crap hours after. I'm not making this up I have no reason to lie on a forum lol. It's annoying but I face the facts, my body is sensitive to what I eat. But if I eat the way I do, I feel amazing, and my hard work shows. My skin looks great, I am in better shape then 95% of the people I see on a daily basis, and my mind and conscience are content and clear.

Hey, I have similiar reactions. Whenever I eat something, I usually get an itch around my mouth regardless of WHAT I eat. Wonder what it might be, what does ur diet consist of, maybe we can compare. Also, my itch is like on my face around my mouth on the skin, is yours INSIDE your mouth or like mine??

Like yours, around the mouth on the skin. More often the left corner. And if I eat dairy or something very disagreeable, much of my face will itch.

I sometimes get a whitehead right there at the corner of my mouth, so when I feel the itch, I take it as an indication of the possibility of a problem. I wish I could say exactly what I eat, but I haven't restricted my diet enough to... codify it. I'm generally avoiding dairy, gluten, sugar, nightshades, and olives. I'll try to keep paying attention to it.

I can't eat anything. I have to turn down food all the time. And I don't mind saying no to pop-tarts and jelly beans, its when I have to say no to (here comes the list) things that contain, gluten, dairy, legumes, soy, corn (?), eggs (?), red peppers (?). The question marks refer to foods that may not cause acne but still upset my stomach. Then, regardless of what I eat Im always dealing with acid reflux, burping and everything else you can imagine that comes with poor digestion. I have horrible digestion (its hereditary) and it feels like theres nothing I can do. I have HCL pills, ACV, digestive enzymes and probiotics, which do help, its just upsetting to see everyone else in a classroom accept a cookie for saint patricks day while I have to decline when Im offered one and make up some lame excuse while everyone stares at me like why doesnt he accept the cookie? . :cry: Its not my fault my body sucks. Just hook me up to an IV im done.

Hi! It appears we are on the same diet. Because of my Celiac Disesae, I have discovered I cannot eat corn, soy, nightshade, dairy or legumes.

To me, It doesn't sound like you have acid reflux -- it sounds like you have hypochlorhydria -- weak stomach acid. Both problems have the same symptoms and doctors frequently misdiagnose them. I have very weak stomach acid too and could take up to 18 HCl pills. Now I'm taking a break from them because all of the HCl pills have either dairy, corn, or SOMETHING in them.

As for your burping -- I have read that continual burping is a sign of a food sensitivity/intolerance. A friend of mine had a burping problem their entire life (as did one of their parents --so it was genetic) and only recently discovered it was after eating red meat. They did an elimination diet and removed red meat from their diet for 6 months. When they re-added red meat, their entire face swelled up. So the burping was only hinting at a larger food sensitivity that needed to be addressed.

Also, be aware that some people are sensitive to the animal that MAKES the milk. For example, my friend has a sensitivity to dairy. She cannot eat beef. Or a person can be sensitive to goat milk and will have a reaction to goat meat.

Edited by Dotty1

Also, it sounds like you may have Celiac Disease, not a gluten sensitivity. If you go browse the Celiac forums, it is common for Celiacs to be sensitive to all of the foods you listed above at one time. There are many Celiacs who discover they cannot eat ANY grain including rice.

Yesterday I finally discovered that it is RICE that gives me inexplicable diarrhea. So it looks like I am on a grain-free diet now.

The good news is that many of the Celiacs say that after eliminating these grains for several years (sometimes 5 years), you can reintroduce. :)

Edited by Dotty1