Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been fat off and on and ive had lots of zits off and on (i guess it wasnt full blown acne [though i DEFINITELY had backne]) and i think i felt worse when i was feeling really fat. Pimples never really bothered me too much but when my pants stopped fitting that was when i would look in the mirror and say.. "Well you've porked your way up to another few inches around the waste fat boy!" I only remember a few times someone commenting on my zits but one of my friends on more than one occasion asked if he could feel my man boobs... I tell you what that sure brings down the self esteem when you see a clevage forming Plus like lots of people said... being fat is WAY unhealthy... i heard that they predict within about 2 or 3 years obesity will by pass smoking for the leading cause of medical illness.. plus one of my exes told me the fatter your stomache gets the smaller your penis looks... and boy is that a bummer

Whoever made this post should have made it a poll too that would have been cool

i was thinking of putting a poll with this post, but i couldn't figure out how at the time. is it possible to add a poll to this thread now?

well, everyone has their physical dilemmas...for me i got acne primarily from a temp hormonal disorder so it's not really true to say that a person with acne is necessarily healthy.

acne can also be a sign of bad health. However I know I would absolutely rather have had my acne and skin condition now though than be 250-300 lbs....I mean come on, that means tons of stretch marks, loose skin, NO bikinis, no miniskirts, feeling low self esteem JUST THE SAME. and for a lot of overweight people it isn't too easy to lose weight...especially if their body was even capable of getting that heavy in the first place.

I do find one thing funny though, people with great skin don't do much really to keep it that way ,except eat normally it seems, and for me I've always been very slim and I don't follow any diet rules, nor do i really exercise to keep my body looking the way it does and my body doing hardly anything looks a lot fitter and leaner than people who are always counting calories or in the gym. At least I am grateful for that. there goes the power of genetics for you.

weight can to a degree be controlled but some people's bodies can be "disfigured" as someone put it in much the same way as a person's face who has experienced acne and skin treatments gone bad can. I'm sure a lot of very overweight people would love to experience the feeling of getting dressed without once thinking about hiding this or concealing that body part or the feeling of being unself concious in bed or during the summer.

think about how you feel when someone says, why don't you just wash your face, or can't a facial get rid of those scars before you quickly think every overweight person can simply lose weight or get a toned physique with a few extra push ups and one less serving of food...

Tough choice. But Im glad I dont have a weight problem or else I wouldnt know what to do with myself. I cant really answer the question because losing alot of weight is probably just as hard as getting rid of acne.

Hmm, I choose acne. First of all, here where I live, you rarely see overweight people. Acne is more of a problem here than obesity. Although acne isn't too common back here... but still. Majority gets acne.

I'm just thankful that I'm not having obesity problems or anything. In fact, my BMI (Body Mass Index) is below the average. Gaah, I need to gain weight. =|

dont you think all you acne sufferers are gonna be a bit biased on this topic?

Im sure fat people all over the world would scream out that they would prefer acne.

thing is though, i guess you dont get scared from being fat and loosing wieght. where a lot of people are scared on their faces after loosing acne. Ive not scared particularly, but i have quite 'wobbly/nobbly' skin either side of my chin from big cycts which is a pain.

I really cant decide on fat or acne, think ill sit on the fence some more.

dont you think all you acne sufferers are gonna be a bit biased on this topic?

Im sure fat people all over the world would scream out that they would prefer acne.

thing is though, i guess you dont get scared from being fat and loosing wieght. where a lot of people are scared on their faces after loosing acne. Ive not scared particularly, but i have quite 'wobbly/nobbly' skin either side of my chin from big cycts which is a pain.

I really cant decide on fat or acne, think ill sit on the fence some more.

I'd say acne. Cause it would SUCK to be fat. I enjoy being fit biggrin.gif

Anyway...theres always accutane so yea i'd choose acne. (assuming it would be light to moderate...)

Losing weight is about motivation and will power - there are so many nutritionists, diets and help for over-weight people.

There is no cure for acne, and no guarantee that it will be gone. So I'd choose overweight.

I came from being overweight in the areas you guys describe...aroun 250lb?

I had great skin, and now, I have acne, but it ain't bad. I prefer the way it is now.

losing weight is so easy if you have the desire, so i pick no acne and obese and id lose 30lbs in one month easily

30lb in one month is too much, your body is loosing weight so fast that it's bad for your health...Even 10lb a month is a lot. I think the poster meant that choose one or the other, and stay like that.

since i have acne, too... i'd get the girl with acne... actually, it depends who cares about you more without putting your skin before your inner beauty... so it really depends...