Find results in...
Viviana

Third week in..

I am on my third week of Dan's Reg

I am using

Dove for Sensitive Skin

Proactiv Repairing Lotion

Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for Sensitive Skin

The first week I did notice some slight improvement, the second week I broke out VERY badly, and I am still either breaking out or the pimples just wont start to heal at all (hard to tell since I have so many they blend together) What am I doing wrong? I don't want to use cetaphil because I do wear makeup, althought I am still trying to figure out what I should be using (even tho the ones I use are oil-free)

I can't not wear makeup. Is it perhaps the Dove or the Proactiv BP lotion, or am I just impatient?

Also..my skin is dry and I am dying to exfoliate.. can I and how?

Are you moisturizing twice a day (keeping it on all day)?

The only allowed method of exfoliation in Dan's regimen is using an oil-free moisturizer with AHAs (e.g. Eucerin Skin Renewal).

I would give it more than 3 weeks definitely. Most people need 2 months to start seeing good results.

I think you should cut out the DOVE FOR SENSITIVE skin...its made for sensitive skin, not acne-prone skin, unless its oil-free or non-condomegetic (Sp)

i always read that acne starts 2-3 weeks before u can see it on ur face.. even though it says its been scientifically proven blah blah blah, how many of u think its really true? i dont because i always break out the next two days after a night of gettin wasted (always it never fails).. and ive been on the regimen for 2 days now.. i have not gotten a new pimple yet which is weird cuz i usually get 2-3 a day..

yea the one thing i always noticed while getting trashed was pimples forming, but while on the regimen i havent yet... which is always good for college students

Dove contains oil, which is why I've never recommended it. The other 2 products should be ok, but I personally didn't like the proactiv repairing lotion. When I used enough of it to clear up it made me kinda sick because of it's strong scent.

Keep it up for 2 full months of strict adherence. It can take a while to work. Now is NOT the time to switch anything other than the products you are using. Stay on the reigmen strictly.

As far as pimples forming 2 weeks before they show up, this has always confused me. I actually read in the medical library that pimples are forming months in advance. However, this seems unbelievable to me. But I'm really not sure of the answer to that.

ohmy.gif I had no idea the Dove had oil in it! I used it because I read other girls use it to wash off their makeup!

Dan, sorry to need this spelled out for me, but you're saying I should stick with the products I am using for a while? Even the Dove for sensitive skin?

If I run of of the Proactiv lotion, is it ok to switch to On the spot?