Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok, so i purchased this Carley's Clear & Smooth Skin Treatment scrub from them two weeks ago. I had such high hopes for this, i used it every day as directed. The bottle is huge, and i mean its huge. It will last for several month i bet. But the product made no difference at all. In fact it made my face even worse. I got all these red bumps on my chin and broke out more even though not by much. The scrub itself is uncomfortable, its so watery, you have to use alot in order to scrub your face. Its just like water. I dont know what people are raving about. Maybe it didnt help me beause of the BP. I honestly give up with BP products, i thought maybe this one will help me because i wouldnt have to leave it on my face. But it didnt, i emailed them for refund and i'll let you know what they say. They promise a refund no matter what so we'll see

The soap is great, but don't scrub with the bp wash, just dab it on with a cotton ball, what 30sec, then rinse, it makes all the difference in the world!

I'm in Australia, so its not as easy for me to get, but i did use it about 6 months ago, and i can honestly say it was great, i always used the soap first, then dab on the bp(it only takes 30sec for bp to kill bacteria) then rinse (DO NOT scrub) you don't need to. Then rinse with the soap to finish! Thats it. Once a day. If you have tough skin, twice a day may be fine, but don't scrub!!!

do you think the reason why it didnt work for me was because i scrubed as directed? or is it because it has BP which my skin cant stand. I am returning it anyway. I learned so many times that BP is not for me but everytime i see some nice products with BP i always say to myself "Maybe this one will make the difference" but it makes my skin worse

Go by how you feel!! I can't use bp on my skin in lotion/cream form at all. My face goes red and irratated fast. But i could use this. SO i don't know. But scrubing your face with walnut shell based products (bp added or not) will irratate your skin!

ok, so i purchased this Carley's Clear & Smooth Skin Treatment scrub from them two weeks ago. I had such high hopes for this, i used it every day as directed. The bottle is huge, and i mean its huge. It will last for several month i bet. But the product made no difference at all. In fact it made my face even worse. I got all these red bumps on my chin and broke out more even though not by much. The scrub itself is uncomfortable, its so watery, you have to use alot in order to scrub your face. Its just like water. I dont know what people are raving about. Maybe it didnt help me beause of the BP. I honestly give up with BP products, i thought maybe this one will help me because i wouldnt have to leave it on my face. But it didnt, i emailed them for refund and i'll let you know what they say. They promise a refund no matter what so we'll see

i agree with steve, i bought it about 1 and a half months ago and i didnt like it too much. Well it did one good thing which is getting rid of my redness i liked that. From that point on i said im not gunna throw out this huge bottle and waste it so i started using it everyday in the shower. It still hasnt cleared me completely and i dont believe it will but it didnt a lot better than all the other products. You need to wait longer, a lot longer and just be patient. Plus ive only used about 1/15th of the bottle..... got a long ways to go

I use that stuff! I've been using it for a little over a month now. I don't really like the idea of exfoliating everyday, but at first it made my skin really smooth and I didn't break out as much. Now I have TONS of blackheads everywhere (even in places where I've never had them before) and my T-Zone is extremely rough to the touch. My forehead is full of flesh coloured bumps and mini breakouts. I also have tons of blemishes but that could be due to PMS and me eating a ton of crappy food lately. confused.gif I really don't know if all this is because of Carley's or because I recently started working at a pizza place (the grease and nastiness of the kitchen could be the culprit). I only use the moisturizer three nights a week because my skin is very oily and I try to only use the scrub for the directed 30 seconds. Obviously I won't give up yet but my face is the worst its ever been. cry.gif

BTW: Sorry for the rant. Its just the most people don't seem to know about this product since it isn't advertised very much and when I saw this thread, I just had to post..lol.

I use that stuff! I've been using it for a little over a month now. I don't really like the idea of exfoliating everyday, but at first it made my skin really smooth and I didn't break out as much. Now I have TONS of blackheads everywhere (even in places where I've never had them before) and my T-Zone is extremely rough to the touch. My forehead is full of flesh coloured bumps and mini breakouts. I also have tons of blemishes but that could be due to PMS and me eating a ton of crappy food lately. confused.gif I really don't know if all this is because of Carley's or because I recently started working at a pizza place (the grease and nastiness of the kitchen could be the culprit). I only use the moisturizer three nights a week because my skin is very oily and I try to only use the scrub for the directed 30 seconds. Obviously I won't give up yet but my face is the worst its ever been. cry.gif

BTW: Sorry for the rant. Its just the most people don't seem to know about this product since it isn't advertised very much and when I saw this thread, I just had to post..lol.