Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A derm? I sure would like to help poor kids like myself that have been fighting acne for years, killing their self esteem and just driving kids crazy.. And I am curious, what state has the biggest population of people with acne? I think acne has something to do with the enviroment in the place you live.

Most definitely I have. Very often, actually. But I'm so darn lazy, sad.gif. I would hate going through all that work, bb_icon_rolleyes.gif. At least I can say I typically 'know more than a derm would ever know or LET ON TO KNOW', smile.gif.

You guys musn't like your derm.. I like my derm because she always complaments me and I feel all Confident for 5 minutes. laugh.gif

And become another money stealing sob satisfied by seeing ppl less fortunate than i was back in my teens?Giving kids useless drugs so i can eat through their wallets and still see them suffer?? A dream job.

acnekilledmylife- i am actually seriously considering this. Im going back to school now planning to studying biology, so i can really pursue it. The only thing that worries me about it, its you hvae to follow a basic 'protocol' (which includes accutane, anti biotics, an alot of shit that sometimes doesnt help) an ive only gotten results from completely stopping everything my derm told me to do smile.gif. Im not going to want to follow the typical protocol, so i dont know how thats going to go over with the AMA tongue.gif

basically you have to use accutane or anti biotics, or only 'western medicine' or else your medical liscense could be revoked. I know a family practitioner who was really into to alternative therapy, nothing weird, but he would put his patients on anti candida diets, an teach them how to handle their own health. Well eventually the medical licensing board found out, called what he was doing 'quackery' (he had helped so many people get off their meds an get healthy again) an took his license away sad.gif . basically because what he was doing for his patients is NOT taught in medical school. diet an nutrition is not something viewed as very important in med school. (i know because i dated a med student, an learned alot about what med school is like) western medicine is really weird, an something i do not support, yet i want a career in it, imagine that. but i dont want my patients on meds, i want them healthy happy with clear skin. hopefully i will find a way around all the medical licensing BS. hope that helped!

I have thought about it but honestly, the thought staring at acne faced people all day everyday would sicken me. I dont know if this makes me a bad person but its how i feel.

However i have thought about what kind of derm i would be... i wouldnt throe anti biotics and retin a and all that shit at people, i would tell them about good regimens etc.

Instead of becoming a derm I thought, and still do think, about creating some sort of skin care range. Seeing how many products we buy it would be a garunteed money maker.