Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
badskin1

Antibacterial Face wash v LUSH Herbalism

Hi guys

First post of here and need some advice regarding a facewash!

So i have had really bad skin and been on Accutane 5yrs ago which worked really well and i dont get acne on the same scale anymore, BUT do have oily skin and have few whiteheads which are always on the go especially around chin area.

I have been reading tea tree oil is good for spots and found the King of Shaves Antibacterial face wash but not sure if its causing more spots. I used it last week and this week have some out with even more acne than usual, so not sure if i should contine? Before this i was using Lush Herbalism but that wasnt making much difference.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

this is the products ingridients

Aqua (Water), Sodium laureth sulfate, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, PEG-18 glyceryl oleate/cocoate, Ammonium lauryl sulfate, Glycerin, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea tree) leaf oil, Eucalyptus Globulus leaf oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) peel oil, Juniperus Communis fruit oil, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, PEG-12 dimethicone, Allantoin, Panthenyl ethyl ether, Benzophenone-4, Triclosan, Sodium chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Limonene, Magnesium nitrate, Magnesium chloride, Benzyl alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 19140 (Yellow 5).

This might not help at all, but my experiences and recommendations from people have shown that tea tree oil on its own is too strong and will cause problems for your skin. To that end I ordered Nelson's tea tree oil cream. Unfortunately that's also too strong for my skin, but it might work for you if you want to.

Just out of interest, where exactly does these white heads appear? Like... side of mouth, or under the chin, etc. Also, how often do you shave and is it a wet shave with a razor or do you use electric?