Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so this is slightly unrelated to acne but it is..well...i drink green tea daily now, like 2-3 cups a day, for the purpose of its calming properties (i drink caffeine free organic green tea) and for the purposes of its relation to helping acne, etc. but i recently weighed myself and i am down to 130. i haven't been that weight in a long while. like prolly since 9th grade of high school (im a junior in college now). i haven't REALLY changed my routine. i mean...i have lowered portions of food a bit, tried to pick healthier options (tho i still eat some bad food) and drinking green tea always now. i know green tea has metabolism and weight loss properties, but can that alone be contributed to my getting to 130? the last time i was weighed at the doc (about 4 months ago) i was 150ish.

It may be the green tea, i'd just make sure you're getting enough calories. I'm between 85-91 pounds and I drink 2-3 cups a day but i'm also on medication that makes me hungry all the time so I am constantly eating fruits and salads and huge dinners and snacks.

If you're worried about the weight loss then you could cut back the green tea. It should be healthy weight loss, not because of lack of meals and calories etc :)

I wouldn't stop drinking green tea, even though it definitely (in some way) is contributing to that weight loss. When I started eating "smaller, healthier portions" but still "some bad food" I dropped like 20 pounds instantly. And I'm a guy, so I was super skinny at the time. I realized what was going on and quickly increased my calorie intake.

Personally I eat a serving of organic peanut butter/some almonds every day, and a lot of other health-food stuff. Even though losing some weight is generally good (not sure of your stance on it) you should up your calorie intake a bit to make sure you don't lose TOO much weight.

White tea, theoretically, should be better for acne because it has a higher concentration of antioxidants (catechins). White tea is the highest followed by green and then black.

White tea, theoretically, should be better for acne because it has a higher concentration of antioxidants (catechins). White tea is the highest followed by green and then black.

I wonder why most people are drinking green tea instead of white tea then.

I'd assume it wouldn't really stain your teeth as much either. Which if you care about your skin enough I'm sure you care about your teeth as well.

I still drink alllll different kinds of tea though.