Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GreaseFace

Given Up On Cleansers

All cleansers are just waaay too drying for me. They irritate my face and after coming out of the shower my face just looks blotchy and dry. I'm not showering in hot water either. So now I'm just washing face with luke warm water and putting on moisturizer. I don't use wash cloths and I don't use scrubs. I've been doing this for the past 2 days and my face is smoother, less dry, and less irritated looking. As for oil well I'll have to see how it changes my oil production. Is this right for me? How many others are on the same page as me?

Right there with ya. I was doing water-only cleansing for the last several days, and then I started using oatmeal yesterday, but I don't consider that a "cleanser." No more Clearasil, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, CeraVe, etc., and absolutely NO more natural soap. Ugh, that stuff destroyed my face.

About dryness and oil production, do you have combination skin? Or is it more of a total-face thing -- like severe dryness after washing and then excessive oil production throughout the day and night? Because I used cleanser and BP for years, and regardless of how much moisturizer I applied, it never helped to regulate the post-washing dryness or the crazy amount of sebum produced. Of course, the vast majority of moisturizers don't have any impact on the hormone - sebaceous gland interaction. Jojoba oil is the only topical I've found that actually helps with that.

Anyway, just curious about what your experience has been.

I've used only water for almost two years now. It made a massive difference to the quality of my skin; no more dryness, no more oil and far less breakouts.

I actually used soap for the first time since I stopped last week to get some paint off my face and I have broken out from using it (At least I presume that because it is the only thing that I have done differently to my normal routine). I have also found that since using soap last week my skin is still recovering and is dry-ish.

I still use ACV every night though.

Right there with ya. I was doing water-only cleansing for the last several days, and then I started using oatmeal yesterday, but I don't consider that a "cleanser." No more Clearasil, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, CeraVe, etc., and absolutely NO more natural soap. Ugh, that stuff destroyed my face.

About dryness and oil production, do you have combination skin? Or is it more of a total-face thing -- like severe dryness after washing and then excessive oil production throughout the day and night? Because I used cleanser and BP for years, and regardless of how much moisturizer I applied, it never helped to regulate the post-washing dryness or the crazy amount of sebum produced. Of course, the vast majority of moisturizers don't have any impact on the hormone - sebaceous gland interaction. Jojoba oil is the only topical I've found that actually helps with that.

Anyway, just curious about what your experience has been.

My face was excessively dry and it got super oily during the day. I was just sivk of buying all these products and having them dry my face out. The freedom from cleansers feels azingly smooth haha.