Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CosmoCandle

What to do with these kinds of scars and red marks?

Posted (edited)

I only get break outs before my period, but I don't get them as much as before. I just don't know what to do with my scars and marks :( I was planning to get Glycolic Acid Peels and do it by myself, but I'm not really sure if that works... *sigh* TCA? Dermarollers? Any suggestions please?

Thank you. :S

post-145808-1300208581_thumb.jpg

post-145808-1300208581_thumb.jpg

Edited by CosmoCandle

Posted

My suggestion would be to use a .5mm dermastamp on the red marks.

Posted

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Do you think dermastamp is better than derma rolling?

Posted

I like the dermastamp because it's easier to use. The dermaroller I was using got stuck and stopped rotating and it sort of dragged on the surface of my skin.

Posted

heya ItHurtsToLook,

I was just wondering, since you've used the roller and the stamp too, did this stuff really work? so what's your expereince like? pls share with me, since I already have 2 rollers, but my scars seem pretty isolated and I don't wanna hurt the healthy tissue, well anyhoo, I'm now planning to use the stamp. How long are you red after stamping?

Thanks alot for your help

Posted
I like the dermastamp because it's easier to use. The dermaroller I was using got stuck and stopped rotating and it sort of dragged on the surface of my skin.

sounds painful :S Yeah, i think the stamp sounds safer.

Posted (edited)
heya ItHurtsToLook,

I was just wondering, since you've used the roller and the stamp too, did this stuff really work? so what's your expereince like? pls share with me, since I already have 2 rollers, but my scars seem pretty isolated and I don't wanna hurt the healthy tissue, well anyhoo, I'm now planning to use the stamp. How long are you red after stamping?

Thanks alot for your help

I started doing this in January 2011. My scars are bad so no results yet. I believe it's a slow process, like wearing braces. I use 1.5mm and the redness last for 2 days. My face overall looks better, it seems to make my skin more even toned. My scars in terms of depth look about the same; no noticeable change. I've decided to pick one scar to gauge whether or not I'm getting results.

I hope you take this advice though: Take lots of pictures. From every angle & different lighting because your mind can play tricks on you. After I did a treatment in 7th of February, my scars looked more plumped and I thought I was getting results. Then I did a treatment a month later and I thought I dun goof'd. My scars looked deeper than before, at least that what I thought until I looked at pictures I took a year ago and it looked exactly the same. I guess it was that previous month where my scars looked better that threw me off.

I've logged all my sessions because I didn't want to forget what I've done.

This is exactly what I've written down on a notepad in my computer. The first four treatments were light, only a few blood spots here and there when I stamped.

-1/10/11 -dermarolled

-1/18/11 -dermastamped

-1/21/11 -dermastamped

-2/01/11 -dermarolled

-2/07/11 -dermarolled then dermastamped bled more than previous treatments

-3/03/11 -dermastamped - bled more/the same amount as previous. hit every spot on face that was scarred-forehead,temples,cheek. will use retin-a three days from now.

-3/13/11 - dermarolled lightly.. no blood spots, just redness. the roller kept getting stuck and started to drag. tossed roller out after using it. will use dermastamp from now on. might buy .5mm stamp.

I'm still contemplating how I should go about these treatments. Whether or not to stamp lightly more often or stamp till I get blood spots everywhere once a month.

Anyway, good luck with your scar treating goals in 2011!

sounds painful :S Yeah, i think the stamp sounds safer.

Lol, could have been but I was going very light and slow. The creators of Proactiv released a dermaroller this year called AMP MD so it's possible that it was just my roller that sucked.

Edited by ItHurtsToLook

Posted
Lol, could have been but I was going very light and slow. The creators of Proactiv released a dermaroller this year called AMP MD so it's possible that it was just my roller that sucked.

I think i'll still stick with derma stamp lol. May I know where you bought your stamp and roller?

Posted

I think i'll still stick with derma stamp lol. May I know where you bought your stamp and roller?

I use http://www.jglobalsales.com/wholesale/

Posted

you have boxcar scars

and hyperpigmentation

you can just wait for the hyperpigmentation to fade, it just takes a while, but it's nothing permanent

i think the best first approach to boxcar scars is fraxel re:pair laser dual, but it's expensive

the second best is probably TCA cross

Posted
you have boxcar scars

and hyperpigmentation

you can just wait for the hyperpigmentation to fade, it just takes a while, but it's nothing permanent

i think the best first approach to boxcar scars is fraxel re:pair laser dual, but it's expensive

the second best is probably TCA cross

Can I have a Lactic Acid peel instead + Derma stamp/rolling?

@ItHurtsToLook: Thanks, I already bought a dermastamp. :)

Posted

i would start with the tca first but go to a medical spa or derm to get it done. if you get a medium depth one you should get some good peeling and that will help improve your skin tone and redness. go for a consult and see what they can do for you.

Posted (edited)

unfortunately, lactic acid peel and tca peel are not strong enough concentrations to do much

tca cross is 100% (sometimes 80/90%), so it will provide the most results

(the two most effective acid treatments are tca cross and phenol peel, phenol peel has more dramatic results, but it is also more dangerous, this is why people recommend tca cross instead)

i would not use needling first because it does not destroy scar tissue, it only promotes collagen formation, meaning that the holes will plump up, but the underlying problem remains, and it'll just be more difficult for lasers and other methods to penetrate deep into the skin later on

Edited by Brawn

Posted

Hey Cosmocandle.

You have several issus with your skin, which require different treatments.

Lets tackle each one individually.

Looks like you have active acne, you need to treat that first.

Topically Duac is great

Levulan blue light with or without the chemical works too

Next, your red acne discoloration

Get Vbeam, they will be gone for good.

Hyperpigmentation and brown spots

Vbeam may also help for this

Hydroquinone/Cortisone/retin-A topical will fade dark brown spots, but may make the redness worse.

Acne scars

Subcision and fractional erbium. Do not get fractional co2, you will have complications with your skin type.

Good luck

Posted (edited)

i believe sanjoseskin is right, i did a bit more research into fraxel re:pair and it seems to not be such a great idea for anyone other than those with pale skin

and i was assuming that the red spots were hyperpigmentation, i guess they are not?

and from what i've read online, it seems that the erbium laser is best for tan skin

(i'm still learning too, sanjoseskin seems more experienced than i am :))

btw, besides laser, the only other treatment for hyperpigmentation deep in the skin (in the dermis) is mandelic acid, (people with melasma use this), i have had good results with my use of 15% mandelic acid (i am the king of hyperpigmentation, any and every pimple i get has resulted in hyperpigmentation) from garden of wisdom (if you get it, i recommend no seaweed and no alcohol because the seaweed may irritate your skin, and the alcohol makes the solution evaporate VERY quickly)

Edited by Brawn

Posted (edited)

Yes, they're hyperpigmentation :(

I don't have a lot of money. In fact, I don't have a job at this moment lol ! So i don't have a lot of options here.

I don't break out that often anymore. I think the only reason i broke out was because I was realy stressed that time.

I try to avoid putting anything harsh stuff on my skin. I only wash with warm water actually. And my topical treatment is manuka oil + 5% AHA (which im not sure is doing anything for my skin).

Hydroquinone did not do anything for my skin before. I've been thinking about mandelic acid but i'm not really sure. May work for other people, may not work for me, but then again who knows right? May I know where you get your mandelic acid?

Is TCA really worth it? I'm scared of having such strong chemical on my face O_O

Edited by CosmoCandle