Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone know of any well qualified doctors who perform dermabrasion, in the Virginia area? I've talked to my parents about it, and they rather get it done instate for me. Also, is it necessary to fly to Louisana to consult with Dr. Y? I don't wanna waste so much money on plane tickets. I'm thinking about having it done around December 19th so that I can heal in the time i have between the fall and spring semester. One more thing. I've heard that some insurance companies cover it, but i doubt Anthem does. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks for any help.

As I understand it, and you probably already know this but in case you don't, you can send a letter to Dr. Y. with pictures of your scars, and he is very good at returning correspondence and has even called people at home for a preliminary consultation.

If I were you, I'd bug my parents about it until they couldn't tolerate it anymore and fly you to New Orleans to have your dermabrasion. This is your face you're talking. Only one face, one life. No room for errors.

-Nic

Chris, do you have active acne? I think you need to wait until the breakouts are under control if so.

I would urge you to have your parents read all the information about Dr. Y that has been posted here. It may do your "selling" for you. He sounds fabulous. They may be convinced that it is worth the expense of the trip. Tell them it will be a great bonding experience.

In the posts are complete instructions for how to get set up with Dr. Y and a complete description regarding what to expect.

Good Luck!