Notifications
Clear all

Candida overgrowth gave me bad skin!!

MemberMember
(@electrolizer)

Posted : 03/13/2011 7:35 am

Until recently I had red facial skin, acne and dry flakey skin + chapped lips. Ok so I bet you think I looked like an ogre! Not true because I used a lot of moisturizer, makeup and lip balm to appear at least vaguely decent.

I discovered that I had yeast infection and that this has been causing not only my bad skin but also my general fatigue, moodiness, skin and body sensitivity and other problems ( even slightly stiff limbs and abnormally cold hands ).

Until recently I didn't even know what candida was...Candida is a form of yeast that lives in the body and that can turn into an infection if it starts to multiply too much. Apparently the yeast can get out of cotrol from use of antibiotics since antibiotics weakens the immune system. I have taken different types of antibiotics in the past...so this may have caused my candida overgrowth.

Since I have been treating the yeast infection with cheap medication my skin is no longer dry and flakey, my lips not chapped, and my acne is going away rapidly. I am feeling much better already, too.

MemberMember
(@silkeno)

Posted : 03/13/2011 7:52 am

That's interesting, I've had many of the same symptoms for years. What specifically was the cheap medication you used to control the candida?

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 03/13/2011 6:17 pm

Until recently I had red facial skin, acne and dry flakey skin + chapped lips. Ok so I bet you think I looked like an ogre! Not true because I used a lot of moisturizer, makeup and lip balm to appear at least vaguely decent.

I discovered that I had yeast infection and that this has been causing not only my bad skin but also my general fatigue, moodiness, skin and body sensitivity and other problems ( even slightly stiff limbs and abnormally cold hands ).

Until recently I didn't even know what candida was...Candida is a form of yeast that lives in the body and that can turn into an infection if it starts to multiply too much. Apparently the yeast can get out of cotrol from use of antibiotics since antibiotics weakens the immune system. I have taken different types of antibiotics in the past...so this may have caused my candida overgrowth.

Since I have been treating the yeast infection with cheap medication my skin is no longer dry and flakey, my lips not chapped, and my acne is going away rapidly. I am feeling much better already, too.

I'm not sure a yeast infection can be so easily cleansed. How long have you been fighting this problem for? I ask becuase i'm trying to a candida cleanse and i'm finding it very difficult (look at my blog and you can see it's very tough)

I've been doing the candida diet for awhile but with little success sadly. I think one of the main problems is because i've been eating foods with gluten in and i'm sure i'm allergic to that stuff.

MemberMember
(@electrolizer)

Posted : 03/14/2011 7:50 am

Hi! Well candida can attack different parts of the body...such as the throat, intestines or genitals. To be honest with you ( this is a lil bit embarrassing ) I developed a candida infection on my genitals. So I just bought Canesten cream which I have to smear on my privates I actually have a very mild infection, which is why I never really noticed it But since it remained untreated for so long it gave me more and more health problems. Once candida invades your bloodstream or intestines it becomes much more dangerous and more difficult to treat.

MemberMember
(@bosie)

Posted : 03/14/2011 9:20 am

Hi! Well candida can attack different parts of the body...such as the throat, intestines or genitals. To be honest with you ( this is a lil bit embarrassing ) I developed a candida infection on my genitals. So I just bought Canesten cream which I have to smear on my privates I actually have a very mild infection, which is why I never really noticed it But since it remained untreated for so long it gave me more and more health problems. Once candida invades your bloodstream or intestines it becomes much more dangerous and more difficult to treat.

No need to be embarrassed at all; With me i just think that with the amount of antibiotics i've had, combined with a really poor but pretty standard western diet in my childhood, has resulted in candida. The bad news is i've heard it becomes a more difficult problem to treat the longer you've had the infection I estimate that i've had this possibly for four years now, so thats quite a fair amount of detoxing ....although obviously there are much worse cases.

MemberMember
(@ellie713)

Posted : 03/18/2011 1:24 pm

Bosie, have you tried Threelac? - it is generally said to be great. I don't think 4 years is that long actually, I've had it 14. If you have not already found it have a look at The Finchley Clinic website, at the health products section (blue screen). It will give you lots of additional information about candida and how to treat it. You can just read the advice and buy online from them or anyone else you like, but if you hit problems with treating it, the guy who runs the clinic (Mark Lester) is an expert at eradicating candida, even difficult cases. He is also very nice, really wants to help you and if you require a consultation he charges very very low fees. I have telephone consultations, but as you're in London you could see him face to face if necessary. Hope this helps you. All the best.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 01/03/2013 4:50 pm

Hi there! glad you found a solution to your acne, do you mind me asking what you took to get rid of the candida, I think I may have the same problem.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/13/2013 12:30 pm

I took the candida test online and the spit test, which are a bit questionable but according to both of those I have chronic candida. I'm trying to eliminate as many forbidden foods as possible, but it's difficult to cut out all sugar and caffeine from my diet and still be able to have enough energy to go to work etc. Were you strict with your diet? I'm taking a probiotic supplement (acidophilus 40+) but I think that it's not going to magically work on its own without proper dietary changes.