Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a basically full bottle of Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. It was opened at one point though.

Basically the bottle is probably around 5 years old. There doesn't seem to be any expiration date on it or even anything on the back in terms of directions or even active ingredients. The substance seems to feel like normal lotion. I'd prefer to know though before I put it on my face and my skin falls off :]

Thanks in advance.

Edited by juanthebusdriver

I have a basically full bottle of Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. It was opened at one point though.

Basically the bottle is probably around 5 years old. There doesn't seem to be any expiration date on it or even anything on the back in terms of directions or even active ingredients. The substance seems to feel like normal lotion. I'd prefer to know though before I put it on my face and my skin falls off :]

Thanks in advance.

Accoding to this forum (Forum) someone emailed Galderma (the manufacturers of Cetaphil) and they told her that Cetaphil can last up to 7 years if kept away from water & other contaminants.

I myself wouldn't use it though, no scientific basis here, I would just prefer to get a new one.

Edited by SpringRoll

I myself wouldn't use it though, no scientific basis here, I would just prefer to get a new one.

I'd get a new bottle, too. 5 years is a long time, and I'd be concerned about any bacteria growth in it, because that could just make you break out terribly. Better safe than sorry, right?

I'd get a new bottle, too. 5 years is a long time, and I'd be concerned about any bacteria growth in it, because that could just make you break out terribly. Better safe than sorry, right?

Ahh! Sorry for the double post!

Edited by AcneSlayer