Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tazorac

HAS ACNE CHANGED MADE U CHANGE UR PERSONALITY?

before i had acne when i was in school i use to talk alot and didnt mind getting attention..i got acne the summer before i went to the 10th grade and it changed my hole personailty...eventhough my acne is not that bad RIGHT NOW (that might change next week) i dont talk alot and i hate light

yea i used to be outgoing and used to be out alot with my friends but once ACNE hit i used to go out half as much as i used to and i couldnt hold eye contact with people i didnt no, i also used to be the quiet one of the group and if someone i didnt no came along i would just be quiet and not talk much.

ACNE gone down alot since i found this site tho so im slowly starting to get my confidence back ^^

My skin and my personality is connected. As soon as my skin looks bad then I am quiet and akward. As soon as my skin looks good then I'm confident and outgoing. It's weird how it can change me that much, although I never get too depressed about my acne. But lately I have had more confindence because I have a new girl-friend who is truely a blessing to me. She doesn't care what my skin looks like and now that I have her, I don't need to get any more attention from other girls. Life seems so simple once you have someone that loves you...... wink.gif

Life before acne was so much better, no kids making fun of you, my self esteem was high. I could get any girl I wanted, now I'll be lucky if I get anyone that I like. Its matured me and made me look past someones skin and more about who they are on the inside not as much on the outside.

I used to have a lot more confidence than I do now. I didn't mind doing good things for myself, like shopping for clothes. I used to be sort of judging when it came to looks but now I couldn't care less.

My skin and my personality is connected. As soon as my skin looks bad then I am quiet and akward. As soon as my skin looks good then I'm confident and outgoing. It's weird how it can change me that much, although I never get too depressed about my acne. But lately I have had more confindence because I have a new girl-friend who is truely a blessing to me. She doesn't care what my skin looks like and now that I have her, I don't need to get any more attention from other girls. Life seems so simple once you have someone that loves you...... wink.gif

Acne and Acne Scarring has really made me question my religion. I somehow think that my acne is caused by things that I have done morally wrong. I sometimes think that this is God's way of punishing me for the way I am or things I have done. Now that I'm on accutane I don't get break outs like I used to but I still do. I tend to stay inside when I have large cysts. I always make up some lame excuse for my friends to not hangout.

i have to wear either a helmet when i ride my bike and when i get off my cap,even tho its more scars then acne now but still dont like it,i work with this other dutch guy man hes got perfect skin i mean not one scar or anything hes cool tho.

btw im more or less the same as doctor_doom,kinda interconnected

Acne and Acne Scarring has really made me question my religion. I somehow think that my acne is caused by things that I have done morally wrong. I sometimes think that this is God's way of punishing me for the way I am or things I have done. Now that I'm on accutane I don't get break outs like I used to but I still do. I tend to stay inside when I have large cysts. I always make up some lame excuse for my friends to not hangout.

check it disgusting, then how come your god just lets you suffer? i know mine lets me. i know who he is and look to him for help a lot of times. but you know what, fuck him. he knows the deal. and i cant really bite the hand that feeds me because without him i have no joy or spirituallity. so fuck him, fuck him for that. if i knew a satan id roll with him in a second.

I think you're missing the point here. Yeah, there are people that deal with unfair things in their lives. It may be acne. Maybe you were born without legs. Maybe you're going through a terrible divorce. Maybe your parents don't understand you. The important thing to remember is that God is always there for you and He loves you unconditionally. Unfortuneatly, we live in an imperfect world where Satan tries to break us through temptation, ridicule, anything he can to keep us from knowing God's love. The time that we spend on Earth is such a tiny, tiny fraction of the eternity that we will spend in Heaven. It's like comparing a grain of sand to space. No matter how terrible your suffering is now, the only thing on Earth that is truly important is that we follow God in the end. We have to keep going!

Edited to say: Sorry for making this off topic. So,yeah, my personality has changed a lot because of acne. XD

Disgusting, I don't want a big religious debate, and you sound like a grounded person, but do you believe that these people who have it really bad;

e.g

a crack addict who lives out the street who was raped and beaten as a child.

I think anyone who has gone through something that tramatic would be doubtful, yes. But from experience, I'd say people who really have faith are much happier and better off in dealing with life, no matter what the situation.

But anyway, this isn't a religious debate board, so I'll stop here. smile.gif

Definitely changed my personality.. My confidence is so shot right now.. To the point where it's hard to even look at people in the eye.. went from outgoing to very introverted and timid

I think anyone who has gone through something that tramatic would be doubtful, yes. But from experience, I'd say people who really have faith are much happier and better off in dealing with life, no matter what the situation.

But anyway, this isn't a religious debate board, so I'll stop here. smile.gif

Acne has completely changed me, i used to be one of the lads, life and soul of the party, always up for a laugh, confident and positive. now i am a completely different person. A pathetic, depressed anxious recluse.

Geordie (((HUGS))) I hope you find something to help your scarring if that's what you wish. I am looking to do some dermabrasion with Dr. Yarborough in New Orleans soon.

Anyways, I've had acne on and off since a teen, but it wasn't till it left Scars that it started to really affect my personality. You feel hopeless and I did question my faith because I have always been a christian and always felt like God was there watching me, helping me in mysterious ways and all, but after praying to God to help me with my skin for so long and having alot of stress in general in my life, I finally just stopped praying. I even start cussing more, which is unlike me, but somehow I thought I earned the right tongue.gif Now I don't let it get to me anymore, I think I've matured thru it and grown, and since I was brought up a christian I know the Bible says life won't be easy and I shouldn't be so arrogant to think my life should be easy. God doesn't want a bunch of weak people in Heaven I suppose.