Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isaac Lee

Iodine Deficiency? HELP!!!

Hey, Dotty could you take a look at the multivitamin Im planning on taking and tell me what you think??

Thanks

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/mult...capsformen.html

I am not an expert on vitamins, but I think it is good that it is soy, gluten and lactose free. I notice it doesn't mention anything about being corn-free but you most likely aren't on any corn-free diet.

Well, I dont eat corn directly, dont know if there are traces of it in foods I eat (most likely Not)

Is the iodine levels adequate? its a lot less then you are taking.

Hey, Dotty could you take a look at the multivitamin Im planning on taking and tell me what you think??

Thanks

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/mult...capsformen.html

I am not an expert on vitamins, but I think it is good that it is soy, gluten and lactose free. I notice it doesn't mention anything about being corn-free but you most likely aren't on any corn-free diet.

Well, I dont eat corn directly, dont know if there are traces of it in foods I eat (most likely Not)

Is the iodine levels adequate? its a lot less then you are taking.

Corn is in everything I have learned. :confused: Anything with citric acid, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), most everything that is gluten-free and even fruits and veggies are sprayed with corn-based citric acid.

I am not sure if that amount of iodine is enough. My bottle of iodine does list any amount per drop on the bottle. I know that I am taking 2 drops of a 5% solution.

Okay, Dotty, I got a couple more questions. Anyone can help if they know the answer.

So first, I couldn't find 5%, where do you get yours from?

Second, The guy a couple posts earlier said there is a initial breakout, Is this true?

Did you experience a IB?

Because, I just upped my iodine intake (salmon, and a 2% tincture abosorbed through the skin) and I feel like I am going to be breaking out. Also, my skin is more oily, which I don't necessarily dislike because its not as dry skinned, but just wondering, if these are just initial effects?

Thanks

Hey Isaac,

I read at WHFoods that metallic taste could be due to zinc toxicity, see bellow the info from the site:

What are toxicity symptoms for zinc?

Zinc toxicity has been reported in the research literature, and in 2000 the National Academy of Sciences set a tolerable upper limit (UI) of 40 milligrams for daily intake of zinc. (This limit applies to all individuals age 19 and over.) A metallic, bitter taste in the mouth can be indicative of zinc toxicity, as can stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, cramps, and diarrhea mixed with blood.

Hey Isaac,

I read at WHFoods that metallic taste could be due to zinc toxicity, see bellow the info from the site:

What are toxicity symptoms for zinc?

Zinc toxicity has been reported in the research literature, and in 2000 the National Academy of Sciences set a tolerable upper limit (UI) of 40 milligrams for daily intake of zinc. (This limit applies to all individuals age 19 and over.) A metallic, bitter taste in the mouth can be indicative of zinc toxicity, as can stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, cramps, and diarrhea mixed with blood.

Well, I am at a healthier dose of zinc and I am also taking small amounts of copper.

So it is most likely not the Zinc but an iodine defeciency or a fluoride toxicity