Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had acne from what I can remember since the beginning of my freshmen year. Every morning before I went to school I'll spend time in front of the mirror examining my face and attempting to pick off all the whiteheads which undoubtably led to minor bleeding. Acne has made me become a person I really do not want to be. My acne personality is someone who attempts to avoid contact with anyone and stare down to the floor always. I tend to give myself a big gap between me and the person I'm talking to. I wear hoodies in order to conceal my face even when it's hot out. I'm ashamed. It makes me shy away from people, because I know that if I was clear, I'll be a cocky outgoing person. Frankly speaking. Acne has forced me to stay at home and lie to friends whom I haven't seen for a long time that I was unable to go to their party.. just because I don't want them to see me. It hurts inside. If I see a girl, I'll even attempt to walk AROUND them; avoid them anyway I can to save the embarrassment.

I look at other people around me, those with really clear skin and I wonder to myself.. "Why?! Why me? It must be my parent's fault for giving me their inferior genes. Just think about how life would be dramatically different if I was someone else - clear.. confident." When I'm at work I can't help but think about how the customer thinks about me and how they're staring.

Life is terrible.

Venting feels good.

Geeeeez man, i know what you're feeling I wont leave the house without lots of anguish and pain..Its shit.. but recently, having read lots of threads on this site.. ive realised people dont really give a shit about what other people look like cos theyre too concerned about themselves and what theyre looking like and if they are bothered they're absolute fuckwits anyway..i know thats easy to say and its completely different to try and get that into your head but believe me you cant let this shit get you and you have to go out there with a give a shit attitude.

Are you on any medication for your acne??Maybe you should go and try and get something from your doctor or see a derm.. antibiotics or even accutane. Im on my third week on accutane and just knowing im doing something about it makes it a little more bearable cos i know eventually, il be clear and be able to hold me head up real high.

Take care man,

If you need to talk, pm me or email me. [email protected]

FOC

ungj85, that is so much how I feel and act about everything that I could have been the one to write that very post... I'm right there with you, it's horrible... It effects your social life so bad, because people think you're not listening when you don't make eye contact, and think its' rude when you turn away from them so they don't see your face.. But I just can't look at anyone in the face like that, its' too hard.

I feel your pain.

Yeah I'm currently near the end of my first week on Claravis, (generic-name accutane). Ever since I've been on it, I have two initial break outs, and they're big ones too. What makes it even worse is that I'm working today and I hate the fact that when I'm in the middle of ringing customers up I can tell by the corner of my eyes that they're staring at my giant pimple. School starts tomorrow too! NOOO!

Hang in there, man. Just take it one day at a time, and don't give up hope. If something doesn't work, just keep trying until you find something that does, and don't let it get you down. It's easier said than done, but you can do it.