Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
afizzle702

Proactiv Vs BP

ok my question is, has anyone here used proactiv or heard of anyone that has used proactiv and has not had it work for them.. i have used proactiv for 1 1/2 - 2 months now i dont see an improvement from when i started to how i am now.. college is starting soon for me and i have a dermatologist appt. in about 2 weeks n ill start accutane again (i did it once, and it worked like a charm) .. what i really wanted to know is if any of u have used proactiv and not had that work but then used the regimen and had that work.. im debating on these next 2 weeks to stick with proactiv or just try the regimen out.. thanks to anyone who can help me

i've been using proactiv for about 2 weeks now and all its done was make my face 10x worse! i guess i'll wait it out another week or so, but after that i'm getting my money back and starting on dan's regimen.

the two are pretty similar honestly because proactiv utilizes BP as well, and this is written on the site somewhere. but proactiv's cleanser is very harsh (sandy texture) and according to dan, its not enough BP.

wish i could answer you, but i just started proactiv. did it make your skin worse at all?

well at times it would start to clear, then i would flare up again.. and overall id say yea it made it a bit worst.. im tryin to see if someone has used proactiv and then used the regimen. i was thinking that they were kind of the same thing because they both use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide . But as I read some of the success stories, some of the people said they used proactiv before but it didnt work and then they used the regimen and it worked.. i just wanna talk to someone before i try it

well i forget where, but somewhere on this site dan lists some reasons why his regimen is different from proactiv. but basically:

dans regimen uses a gentle cleanser that wont irritate your skin

-proactiv's cleanser has a sandy texture that they want you to rub in for 2 minutes

dans regimen relies on a heavy amount of bp and thats kind of his secret

-proactiv only uses a light layer

talk to me in maybe 2 months i could probably answer you bb_surprised.gif cause i think im gonna ditch proactiv..its ruining my face

good enough for me i guess lol.. im not going to use proactiv anymore if it doesnt work for me.. proactiv has worked for a few of my friends and hasnt worked for some of my friends too so i guess it depends on who you are. im off to the store to get the stuff for the regimen, n ill try it out for 2-3 weeks or so (until my appt.) ill keep updated if youd like

my mom is willing to pay for a dermatologist consultation for me so i think ill go that route. ever since i got a job years ago she hasnt helped me out with anything so i think ill jump at this opportunity bb_shock.gif

have you guys tried the regimen? i've tried proactiv before and it was pretty harsh on the skin. the constant rubbing and rubbing into the skin made my acne worse if anything. just the regimen a try, its given me results

I gave into the Proactive hype myself.. it didn't work for me after 2 months. If anything, it made my acne worse. It was a hassle having to deal with three different things like that too... all that for $50 per month!

now that i've been on the regimen i've seen MUCH more results in less time.. i feel very confident that this is actually what will work for me.. give it another month and i see myself clear biggrin.gif

Dan's regimen > Proactive