Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Taking pill 43 tonight which technically means I'm on week 7... I think. Thankfully, my bad breakout on my right cheek last week is pretty much gone. I have a little scaring and some flakiness from the pimples, but it's easily covered with make-up. My left cheek is doing pretty decent as well. I've only had one or two pimples there since my last update. The problems I'm having now are all around my mouth. I've had a few whiteheads on the left side of my chin and on the corner of my mouth on the right side I have two underground ones that are probably going to pop up soon. They're just bumps but hurt to touch. I had a bad one in the same area a few days ago. It started as just a little bump under the skin and turned into a huge whitehead. One thing I am very happy about, though, is my mustache area. I've only broken out in that area one time (today, actually) since last weekend. It was just a pesky tiny little whitehead. I popped it and everything seems fine. It's actually really exciting because I was breaking out in that area almost daily, so not breaking out there for over seven days is pretty sweet. My active pimples now: On my left side, I have one whitehead growing on the bottom side of my chin and something weird underneath my cheek. It's just a little sensitive to touch. There's no bump or redness, though. We'll see what happens. On my right side, I have the two of those flesh colored bumps on the corner of my mouth. Other than that, just some redmarks.

Edited by XXWALKTHISWAYXX

Yea. You skin does not look at bad AT ALL. But cool your doin the tane. Update me I am interested in how it goes

good luck :)

So I'm pretty much convinced that posting on here jinxes me. Every time I post about progress I end up breaking out... Whatever. So you know how I said my mustache area was clear for a week. Well, that didn't last long. Within the past three days I've had three pop up, including one that is forming now that I just found. It's so damn frustrating. They hurt so bad! The pimple that was forming on my left cheek is now turning into a whitehead. My right cheek is getting bad again. Four pimples... Fucking wonderful. Perfect. They're all small, but clustered together. Taking pill 45 tonight, btw.

Taking pill 48 tonight. I seriously just want to hide in the dark. These last two weeks have brought the biggest breakouts thus far. My left side I only have one pimple, which is manageable, but my right side is absolutely terrible. I have two near my mouth, about 4/5 on my upper cheek and two near the bottom of my cheek. It's so fucking sore and hurts to move. Fuck all this shit. Then on top of all of that the area between my eyebrows is terrible. One after another... Never fucking stops. I want to get my haircut so bad because it's way too long, but then it won't be able to cover the pimples there. I HATE THIS. I really hope this is the worst of the IB and it gets better from here. I just want to cry right now.

Just took pill 54. What can I say. The last three weeks have been pretty bad. I feel like it's probably the worst my skin has looked in awhile, if not ever. The breakouts were all in my high cheek areas. I probably had between 10-15 at once. Finally, it's all healing. My right cheek (which was the worst during the last few weeks), is looking much better. The breakout area is just redmarks. Currently I have one little pimple that's on my mustache area and one on the bottom of my chin (which looks like it may just be a cyst). I also have an annoying pimple on the corner of my lip. It's been there for about two weeks now and is finally going away. Slowly. My left side is being weird. I've have these two spots that keep breaking out. Every time a pimple goes away, another pimple pops up in the same exact area a few days later. Currently I have two from those areas (no heads yet), one whitehead on the side of my chin. Lastly, I have the grossest pimple in between my eyebrows. It's been there for weeks now and isn't going away. I'm pretty sure it's a nodule. It sucks because I want to get my haircut so bad but I can't because then my hair won't be able to cover it up. It's probably a little smaller than a dime.

One thing I wanted to make note of... I've noticed that my skin breaks out in sections. First it was my mustache area, then my chin, then my cheeks then my jawline. Did anybody else see that trend?

I just read through your whole post and it seems you've described my skin condition to a tee. Though your skin really does not look too bad, I understand the pains of persistent acne. It's a bloody bitch.

I've had it for...going on 6 years now, so I really do relate to what you're going through.

I started my own course of Oratane (20mgs) 5 days ago.

It's interesting (and a little terrifying) to read through your IB symptoms. I sincerely hope that the Tane is finally the thing that works for you.

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling down, but it's good to know there are people to relate to. :)

Good luck! x

I just read through your whole post and it seems you've described my skin condition to a tee. Though your skin really does not look too bad, I understand the pains of persistent acne. It's a bloody bitch.

I've had it for...going on 6 years now, so I really do relate to what you're going through.

It's interesting (and a little terrifying) to read through your IB symptoms. I sincerely hope that the Tane is finally the thing that works for you.

I'm sorry to read that you're feeling down, but it's good to know there are people to relate to. :)

Good luck! x

Yeah, my skin in those photos doesn't look to bad. That's because of a crappy quality camera and the fact that my acne was basically all under my skin. If you would get me in a certain light or stretch my skin out, it was full of flesh colored bumps. That's why my IB has been terrible. All of that junk underneath is being brought up and it really sucks. It's good to know that the pill is actually working, though. I know that is cleaning my skin out for good. If your skin is like that, then I would imagine you'd go through the same thing but you never know. Everybody is different. Also, dosages can affect your IB as well. Thanks for the well wishing and hope you get great results! :)

Good luck! x

Yeah, my skin in those photos doesn't look to bad. That's because of a crappy quality camera and the fact that my acne was basically all under my skin. If you would get me in a certain light or stretch my skin out, it was full of flesh colored bumps. That's why my IB has been terrible. All of that junk underneath is being brought up and it really sucks. It's good to know that the pill is actually working, though. I know that is cleaning my skin out for good. If your skin is like that, then I would imagine you'd go through the same thing but you never know. Everybody is different. Also, dosages can affect your IB as well. Thanks for the well wishing and hope you get great results! :)

I feel bad now! I didn't mean to downplay your acne, because having any acne is pretty shit in my opinion but yeah, I haven't experienced too many under skin cysts or pimples. Mine is mostly surface acne, and both suck hardcore.

But you're right about everything being cleared out. After all those years of different medications doing bugger-all, which I completely understand as that has been my entire teenage life, will now hopefully become completely redundant and unnecessary. :)

I really hope this works for you too!

I'm not sure how you feel about the acne stopping you from feeling attractive, but you're a good looking guy, and no amount of acne will stop that from being true.

Anyone who doesn't want you, acne or no, not even worth your time.

And now I'm rambling...

May your IB be very short-lived!

Good luck! x

I feel bad now! I didn't mean to downplay your acne, because having any acne is pretty shit in my opinion but yeah, I haven't experienced too many under skin cysts or pimples. Mine is mostly surface acne, and both suck hardcore.

But you're right about everything being cleared out. After all those years of different medications doing bugger-all, which I completely understand as that has been my entire teenage life, will now hopefully become completely redundant and unnecessary. :)

I really hope this works for you too!

I'm not sure how you feel about the acne stopping you from feeling attractive, but you're a good looking guy, and no amount of acne will stop that from being true.

Anyone who doesn't want you, acne or no, not even worth your time.

And now I'm rambling...

May your IB be very short-lived!

Aw, well thank you! *hugs*

You're beautiful as well.

Taking pill 57 tonight. So today has been a kind of a bitch. My left side is looking pretty decent. I have two red marks from pimples that went away yesterday (which can be easily covered) and two actives. Both aren't even big deals, though. One is just a little whitehead at the bottom of my jawline and the other is by my ear. Not really noticeable. My right side (big surprise...not) is once again doing terribly. I currently have about five actives. None of them have heads yet, but I'm thinking by tomorrow they're going to break through and erupt. I also have about three in healing on that side. My face is sore once again. I can't wait for the day when I can move my face, eat and talk without feeling pain from these fucking pimples. Ugh... I swear, Accutane just doesn't want to leave me alone. Other than that, nothing else new to report. Got my blood taken today. Derm appointment tomorrow. Setting myself up for the start of my third month. Hope it brings me some results finally! I need them, dammit!

I have the same problem, my right cheek forever breaks out so much more. Which is weird because when I was younger it used to be my left cheek. Poor righty.

What makeup do you use? (I feel a bit odd asking a male this. Haha) But I can no longer wear my makeup because my skin is too dry. :( And I look horrible. Wah. Life is hard.

I have the same problem, my right cheek forever breaks out so much more. Which is weird because when I was younger it used to be my left cheek. Poor righty.

What makeup do you use? (I feel a bit odd asking a male this. Haha) But I can no longer wear my makeup because my skin is too dry. :( And I look horrible. Wah. Life is hard.

I'm guessing you're on Accutane, right? I honestly can't stress enough how important moisturizing is. The first few weeks I was extremely flaky and dry, but once my skin adapted and began absorbing the moisturizer I was fine. However, if I don't moisturize properly for a day or two, my skin gets dry and somewhat flaky again.

I use Lancome's Teint Idole. It's amazing. It's very light and matches my skin perfectly (which is great considering I'm a dude). The only downside is that fact that the cheapest you can find it is $33 in stores. However, I just got my second bottle on eBay for less than $28 including shipping. It's pricey, but honestly well worth it in my opinion. The battle lasts a decent amount of time, as well. I've used the same bottle since the beginning of February, so about three and a half months.

Just wanted to update really fast because I got some kinda of exciting information from my dermatologist today at my appointment. He told me that by next visit my skin should begin seeing some sort of improvement. If this month doesn't bring me any good news, then he's going to up my dosage.

Just wanted to update really fast because I got some kinda of exciting information from my dermatologist today at my appointment. He told me that by next visit my skin should begin seeing some sort of improvement. If this month doesn't bring me any good news, then he's going to up my dosage.

Aw, congratulations hun! :)

I hope he's right and you start seeing some really great improvement.

Just remember that there are people here who are supportive and whatnot. :D

xx

Good luck!!

Aw, congratulations hun! :)

I hope he's right and you start seeing some really great improvement.

Just remember that there are people here who are supportive and whatnot. :D

xx

Good luck!!

Thanks for all of the support! :)

Taking pill 63 tonight. Well, my skin really hasn't had much going on since my last update. This is pretty good I guess! I was having a pretty bad breakout on my bottom right cheek during my last update and it's all pretty much gone or in healing now. I also had a minor breakout on the right side of my chin on Saturday. They were just two bigger whiteheads. However, today they're already gone. Just a little bit of flakiness. Between my eyebrows is slowly starting to heal as well. Currently, I have a small pimple in the middle of my forehead that's just a red, a random one next to my nose that's pretty noticeable and one wear my breakouts were last week near the corner of my right cheek. While it sucks that I have these zits, I can say that I feel like this week I've been improving. Let's hope I didn't jinx myself!

Taking pill 69 tonight. Feeling a bit down. Last week went fairly well. Still broke out but not nearly as much as I have been. While I think the purging is slowly dying down, I've got a recent surge of zits that came up within the last few days. My temples broke out pretty badly (about 4/5 total). They weren't big, but still... My chin broke out in two whiteheads and is currently healing right now. The sides of chin both had whiteheads, both in healing. My right has three pimples in healing. It sounds like a lot but this is from the last few days, not all one. In between eyebrows is still pretty gross. I can't wait for that area to clear up. I also have three little ones on my mustache area that aren't completely formed yet. The one thing that is really bothering me is one that just popped today. It's on my right cheek, more near my nose. It's a deep underground one that I can only currently feel if I touch it. It's sort of red. I really hope it doesn't form into a gross whitehead. I'm not touching it at all. My back/shoulders broke out twice as well. Still very happy with the results on my body so far.

All in all, the breakouts are ending. Slowly. Extremely slowly. But I can tell a difference. I've also noticed my skin isn't as oily anymore.

So it's been awhile but I'm going to take pill 77 in a few minutes. Honestly since my last update not much has gone down. I still am breaking out but I can definitely see it slowing down. It's a very slow process to say the least. I've been feeling pretty decent about my skin the last few days, though. Today I went swimming and actually went under the water. Any make-up I had on probably came off and I was okay with it. I think my derm was right when he said people start seeing improvement during their third month. However, a lot of what I'm struggling with now is things that have been on my face for a few days/weeks. Currently I have one cyst type thing on my cheek that popped up over a week ago. Just today it began acting funny. It looks like three whiteheads are trying to form. This is kind of a bummer. Also, I have two red bumps near my temples. They're almost cyst-like as well. There's also a weird/hard pimple on my left jawline near my ear. Lastly, the area between my eyebrows is finally clear expect for one last HUGE pimple that erupted last week. I really hope this leaves soon so I can finally get my haircut! Yay! Other than that, I have a few in healing. I know it sounds like my face is covered in zits, but it's not THAT bad. Could be better, but I'm seeing progress and that's what counts.

Yes, progress is what counts. :cool:

I think my arms are bigger and stronger than yours too :razz: juuusss sayin.

Taking pill 84 tonight. Aside from this one FUCKING disgusting pimple type thing on my cheek, things are going great! Scars are seeming to fade and any pimples I do get are pretty minor and small. I've noticed that I'm getting less of any pimples as well. As I said, I just have this ridiculously gross one. It began forming a few weeks ago and then went away. Last week it came back and it's been on my face ever since. It's just a big red bump. Just a few minutes ago it looked like there was a head forming so I decided to fuck with it and of course I probably made it a million times worse. Ugh. Whatever.

Taking pill 97 tonight. It's been quite awhile! I guess that's a good thing. Skin is continuing to progress, however I'm still breaking out. Purging and the IB is still nowhere near where it was the first three months, but it's still annoying getting pimples. The main thing I'm struggling with right now is my right cheek. I had millions of little comodones in a specific area and they all erupted but one or two. These suckers must have been really deep. The one came up two weeks ago and finally left, and just the beginning of this week the last came up. The problem I'm having is when they erupt on the surface, they stay for weeks. There are no heads or anything. Just a big red bump. Ugh. Other than that, everything is staying pretty consistent. All of the other breakouts are just pesky little whiteheads, etc. So annoying!

Taking pill 107 tonight. Not so much more to report from my last update except for the fact that the breakouts are still happening, but slowing down even more. This is the most grueling process I've ever put myself through. Swear! I really only have two or three actives and they're all really small. One just popped up this morning by my eye and is just a tiny little red mark and the other two are on my jawline (this part of my face doesn't want to give me a break). They're both pretty small, though. All in all, I think things are going well. However, now that basically my active acne mostly gone, I've noticed how severe my scarring is. They're mostly redmarks but I can notice some pitted scars as well which makes me sad because I've never had that kind of scarring before. It's nothing too major, but enough to kind of make me feel low. Hopefully over the next few months they'll disappear. I'm pretty sure I still have about three more months on the meds.

Question - How long did everybody feel the symptoms of dry lips? My lips have been dry as hell since I started Accutane. I use all the chapstick in the world, too! SO frustrating!

Taking pill 114 tonight. Continued to breakout this week, but yet again my breakouts are slowing down. The scarring is really sucking. Just yesterday, two whiteheads/comodones that have been sitting underneath my skin FOREVER finally erupted. I popped them because I was going out and didn't want them on my face. Now I'm stuck with redness and slight bumps. It sucks but I'm kinda happy that they're finally gone. Plus, I'm leaving for Miami in a week so it'll be nice knowing they're not gonna creep up on me while on vacation. Other than these two, nothing much else to report.

Taking pill 120 tonight. I can't believe I start month five tomorrow! So, this may be my last update for a little over a week. I'm actually leaving for Florida tomorrow. Excited! Anyways, I have some good news and bad news. The good news first... My skin is looking pretty good. I really hope I'm not jinxing myself. I have only one little pimple on my face and that's it! The scars are still here, but I can deal. You best believe I'll be loading up on SPF when I'm on the beach, though. I hope some of the salt water does my skin good. Now for that bad news... My derm upped my dosage from 40mg to 50mg because I'm still breaking out. I guess he feels I shouldn't be breaking out at all at this point. I'm kind of afraid, though. I hope I don't go through another initial breakout due to the higher dosage. Eeeek. Second bit of bad news... He told me that I'm going to be on this for another four months. FOUR FUCKING MONTHS. He wants me on for 32 weeks and I'm about halfway through right now on week 17/18.

Taking pill 135 tonight. It's been quite awhile and there is so much to catch up on! So first I'll say that my skin behaved quite well over vacation. I think I broke out in maybe three pimples over a week. Not bad! I made sure I used SPF 50 every day. I got some sun, but my body is still a different color than my face. It sucks but it's better than an awful burn on my face. Now what is weird is ever since I've been back home my face had broke out a little more. Nothing crazy, nothing to worry about, just kind of pesky. You know? I think because my skin in clearing up I'm beginning to focus on minor little things. All of the pimples I'm getting now are little tiny minute little whiteheads that barely form a noticeable head. What my main problem is my scarring. As I said before, I had a few pitted scars. A lot of them are still kind of red, too. Of course, these will take time to heal. It just sucks because my face is basically clear expect for these stupid marks/scars. Also, some of the sun I had on my face is wearing off so my scars are becoming more noticeable. I'll update in a week or so!