Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crichel

Have found an excellent cleanser...

Its the Clean and Clear truly gentle facial wash, it a mild, soap free, foaming cleanser which ticks all the boxes of Dan's recommendations. Been using it for a few weeks now and love it, it really is very gentle and does not overdry the skin.

Its also quite cheap and can be bought in Superdrug, Boots etc.

I've always struggled to find a decent cleanser and this is the best one so far.

Glad you've found something! :)

I've been thinking of getting a good gentle cleanser for everyday use, but I just feel like my face would feel disgusting without using my Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power Clear Scrub. I'm addicted to the feeling of my face after I wash with it, and I don't think I'd feel clean without having scrubby beads in my cleanser. Does the Clean and Clear one have sulfates in it at all?

No there are no suflates in it :)

I know what you mean about a good scrub, though scrubs and beads can inflam your skin and cause breakouts.

My scrub has microbeads. They are more perfectly round and therefore less abbrasive. Doesn't inflame my skin at all, so long as I don't scrub too hard. I just can't feel clean without it. Maybe it's a bad habit. Lol.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

My skin was clearest when I used a roughish exfoliating paste cleanser twice a day :)

And anything that foams, or anything that contains conventional cleanser ingredients, dries my skin out terribly whether it's sulfate-free or not.

Because you're supposed to use a good moisturizer with most cleansers :shhh:

My skin was clearest when I used a roughish exfoliating paste cleanser twice a day :)

And anything that foams, or anything that contains conventional cleanser ingredients, dries my skin out terribly whether it's sulfate-free or not.

I'm actually allergic to sulfates. I don't know whether I believe the hype about them being all that bad or not, but I'm allergic, so either way I can't use them.

And your skin may have been clear, but was it also dry/irritated/red at all?

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Because you're supposed to use a good moisturizer with most cleansers :shhh:

I DID. I used the Olay SPF one for sensitive skin.

Even using a micelle cleanser (which is like water basically) and a milk cleanser, neither of which contained surfactants (ie all types of detergents) dried me out. Basically, if I use anything that has an emulsifier, detergents, or anything soap-like, it dries me out. And that paste cleanser had none of that, hence minimal/no dryness :)

By good moisturizer, i don't mean one with good reviews or one thats expensive, i mean one that works for your skin, and you don't seem to have found one.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

ashley what paste cleanser are you referring to? all my cleansers no matter how gentle they are or foaming or non foaming seem to dry me out and then plug me up.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Guest T.M.

I've always used bar cleansers since starting the regimen so I might not be best placed in advising a cleanser but I've only good things to say about the Johnsons Baby Wash Top To Toe. Since I've started using it I no longer need to moisturise my nose and my cheeks don't dry out as much. I tried cleansers from Olay, Simply and a few others and this is just as good. Cheap and lasts forever to boot.

Avene extremely gentle is a good cleanser. i've heard it's a bit like Cetaphil but I havn't tried that so I dunno! all I know is that its gentle and it cleanses the skin without overdrying or overmoisterising it :surprised: it's about 8 quid so not too expensive.

also on a side note Oilatum natural repair face cream is AMAZING as all the ingredients it contains are natural but not like oils and stuff that can clog the skin. although it might be a bit too much for daytime espesh for oily skinned people as it doesn't seem to sink in quickly on me. love it for night though :) this is also around 7/8 quid

hope this helps as its what I use with BP atm and it seems to be working quite well!