Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Best sunscreen to prevent/deal with hyperpigmentation?

Posted

What is a good sunscreen that will stop hyperpigmentation and shield my current hyperpigmentation from the sun?

It has to be a high SPF because I am using Retin-A and AHA.

I would prefer it to be natural if possible to.

It can't lighten your skin because I have darker skin.

Posted

Cetaphil has some good ones, you can find it at any pharmacy. I don't know of any fancy names but I don't really think they'd make a difference. Cetaphil is non-comodogenic which means it's fine to wear with makeup or whatever products you use. Won't clog your pores and also moisturizes.

Posted

Aveeno's positively radiant moisturizer with SPF 30 is supposed to be good for evening skin tone and protecting the perpetuation or worsening of hyperpigmentation...when it's not so hot out, I use Olay all day moisturizer with SPF 15, for sensitive skin. Both are really good for acne prone skin - at least mine - Aveeno especially is not greasy at all, they don't clog pores, and makeup can be worn over both easily. Hyperpigmentation is my biggest issue this summer, so I'm sticking with the SPF 30...I also don't want a product that will "lighten" my skin because the rest of my body gets really dark in the summer. So far, so good, as long as I apply sunscreen to the rest of my body, too.

Posted

I like shiseido 55

Posted

I would suggest a physical sunblock- something with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. They work right away and are perfectly safe for acne prone skin. Start with physical, and then find one with ingredients you think would help your hyper pigmentation. But physical sunblock will definitely prevent if you apply it consistently.