Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phil_b

Swimming has to be good for acne/skin....

ive been watching the swimming at the olympics, and those guys have the best skin ever. Its flaweless over their whole body, not even an inkling of razor burn or anything.

a great advert for swimming for sure.

I wont even talk about their perfect physique's, bastards......

erm hmm interesting comments, but i dont think cholrine is very good for the skin, they probably have special beuticians who shave em in the squad. Also as they all tend to shave everything, so they can be quicker through the water they have not hair follicles (prbably waxed even not shaved) therefore get rid of the hair, all of it on your face and you probably will lessen your acne....though i am merely speculating......they might jus not have acne, you only see a hundred of em in the olympics there are thousands of swimmers you dont see!!!

I was on the swim team freshman year of high school...and it was right after the season ended that i started getting acne. It seems impossible that soaking your skin in chlorine for 2 hours a day would help acne. then again there was this girl on the team with SEVERE acne all over her face and back so who knows??

Swimming frequently really helps my acne. A lot. My face and back are 100% clear right now because I'm in the pool and the sun almost every day. Once winter kicks in, though, I'll probably start to break out. I don't know if it's the sun or the bacteria-fighting chemicals in the chlorine. All I know is that I don't have bad skin right now!

Of course, not all swimmers will have good skin.